A call to action

Derbados

9 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I sent an email to Rick Parry and he replied with the following information:

- The claims from Boro/Wycombe are not against the EFL and he hasn't seen them so doesn't know whether they are valid or not.

- The EFL have never said that these need to be settled by a certain date.

- Part of the policy that the administrators have to demonstrate throughout the process that they have sufficient funds.

- How the administrators generate funds is up to them. The EFL has never told them what to do. 

-The EFL do care about Derby County and want to find a solution.

I'm pleased that he responded but obviously I expected that he would dodge some of the questions. It sounds to me like providing proof of funds is a necessity and they will not change their stance on that. We do not have to asset strip the club, it is up to the administrators what they do. The EFL do not care where these funds are coming from but they have to be in place.

I asked him whether it is true that the club have 17 days to do it or face expulsion. He didn't actually answer that question just stating that it is part of EFL policy. Just reading between the lines this is slightly worrying. 

In many ways I believe him about the Boro/Wycombe thing. He hasn't seen the claims and so cannot provide an opinion. However in my view the EFL should have the power to shut the claims down. He did say that the EFL have never said that Derby have to settle it by a certain point. So going off that it sounds like a takeover is very much possible and this is not the stumbling block we first thought.

I asked him why the holdup on a takeover when there are credible parties ready to move forwards. He didn't directly respond to that question unsurprisingly which confirms it's a very complex issue. He rounded off the email by saying 'we want to find a solution' which doesn't give me the greatest confidence. It sounds like there still could be some way to go with all this.

1) So it's up to the admin team how they raise the money but they've given them until 1 February to do it?  Which just happens to be the transfer deadline day,

2) He hasn't seen the Boro or Wycombe claims but he is convinced the admin team haven't handled them properly?

Can we really trust anything this guy says? 

15 minutes ago, baiano27 said:

It was not a criticism of you and I think you did the right thing emailing him. I just don’t buy anything that comes out of the EFLs mouth. (I’ve been on their side of the fence and worked for a professional football league).

I know. Same take all with pinch of salt but think we need to get momentum going in any way we can with who we can or we sleep walk into liquidation

How is it possible that the chairman of a governing body has not seen what it is that 2 of it's members are claiming against another of it's member clubs? Say that you can't comment on the exact content of those claims, but that you don't know what they are? So it's possible that between them Boro and Wycombe want £500000M, and they're not prepared to compromise. But Rick Parry, chairman of the EFL, the governing body, doesn't actually know what they're claiming! Incredible.

41 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I sent an email to Rick Parry and he replied with the following information:

- The claims from Boro/Wycombe are not against the EFL and he hasn't seen them so doesn't know whether they are valid or not.

- The EFL have never said that these need to be settled by a certain date.

- Part of the policy that the administrators have to demonstrate throughout the process that they have sufficient funds.

- How the administrators generate funds is up to them. The EFL has never told them what to do. 

-The EFL do care about Derby County and want to find a solution.

I'm pleased that he responded but obviously I expected that he would dodge some of the questions. It sounds to me like providing proof of funds is a necessity and they will not change their stance on that. We do not have to asset strip the club, it is up to the administrators what they do. The EFL do not care where these funds are coming from but they have to be in place.

I asked him whether it is true that the club have 17 days to do it or face expulsion. He didn't actually answer that question just stating that it is part of EFL policy. Just reading between the lines this is slightly worrying. 

In many ways I believe him about the Boro/Wycombe thing. He hasn't seen the claims and so cannot provide an opinion. However in my view the EFL should have the power to shut the claims down. He did say that the EFL have never said that Derby have to settle it by a certain point. So going off that it sounds like a takeover is very much possible and this is not the stumbling block we first thought.

I asked him why the holdup on a takeover when there are credible parties ready to move forwards. He didn't directly respond to that question unsurprisingly which confirms it's a very complex issue. He rounded off the email by saying 'we want to find a solution' which doesn't give me the greatest confidence. It sounds like there still could be some way to go with all this.

To expel us because we can’t prove we have funds makes no sense at all to me. Surely they would wait until we actually ran out of funds and did something like default on player wages (again). If they expelled us prior to that would mean doing so on the chance we might run out of cash. What if we can raise the money to see the season out but can’t prove it within 17 days? Expulsion now would seem a bit premature to me. Surely, if we can’t provide proof, the sanction will only be a continuation of the transfer ban.

13 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

I feel like the wheels are now in motion.

I've seen more from footie journalists, business folk, and MPs this morning than I have throughout the entire process.

Let's just hope it actually does something.

Hopefully, with all this stirring up, the EFL will find a face saving reason to back down and look like the good guys!

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

In many ways I believe him about the Boro/Wycombe thing. He hasn't seen the claims and so cannot provide an opinion.

He seems to have an opinion based on the fact we're sat here asset stripping the squad based on a claim he hasn't even read.  Jesus.

They desperately want us to default on wages to bring in another 3 point deduction.

7 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

To expel us because we can’t prove we have funds makes no sense at all to me. Surely they would wait until we actually ran out of funds and did something like default on player wages (again). If they expelled us prior to that would mean doing so on the chance we might run out of cash. What if we can raise the money to see the season out but can’t prove it within 17 days? Expulsion now would seem a bit premature to me. Surely, if we can’t provide proof, the sanction will only be a continuation of the transfer ban.

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He seems to have an opinion based on the fact we're sat here asset stripping the squad based on a claim he hasn't even read.  Jesus.

They desperately want us to default on wages to bring in another 3 point deduction.

I think you’re quoting what @Rammy03said not what I said.

1 minute ago, Retro_RAM said:

Seeing a lot of non-Derby fans also coming through with their support. Nobody in football wants to see any football team disappear.

I've seen some true Forest fans backing us, thing is whether they like it or not Derby is part of their history as well.

And we’d be the same for them, we can all laugh at a relegation but a liquidation is another level, we know how much our club means to the people of Derby and it would be the same for any city bitter rivals or not. 

10 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

He didn't say we face expulsion but he didn't deny it either. Just stated that it's part of the policy every club has to follow while in administration they have to provide funding for the season. It doesn't make any sense and he wasn't willing to explain any more than that.

8 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

He didn't say we face expulsion but he didn't deny it either. Just stated that it's part of the policy every club has to follow while in administration they have to provide funding for the season. It doesn't make any sense and he wasn't willing to explain any more than that.

Do you really believe that the 'top brass'(holes) really know their own regs that well? I don't he's making it up as he goes along. He's under pressure. 

Given that many fans have bought season tickets and merchandise this year for a club that is continually being hamstrung by entities outside of their own control … is there scope for actually starting legal proceedings as a fan body again is the efl I wonder? 

After all we are paying to see a team in a league  that purports to be a competition, but actually is clearly not a competition for Derby. How can we compete with a depleted squad and a 21 point deduction?

43 minutes ago, richinspain said:

How is it possible that the chairman of a governing body has not seen what it is that 2 of it's members are claiming against another of it's member clubs? Say that you can't comment on the exact content of those claims, but that you don't know what they are? So it's possible that between them Boro and Wycombe want £500000M, and they're not prepared to compromise. But Rick Parry, chairman of the EFL, the governing body, doesn't actually know what they're claiming! Incredible.

It isn’t possible. The whole board will know. Probably a play on words and there may be one particular document he hasn’t physically seen.

29 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Exactly. Thats what happened with Bury and Macclesfield I think, they ran out of money to pay players wages. . Has anyone else been expelled just because there was a risk they might run out of funds?

6 minutes ago, Malty said:

Given that many fans have bought season tickets and merchandise this year for a club that is continually being hamstrung by entities outside of their own control … is there scope for actually starting legal proceedings as a fan body again is the efl I wonder? 

After all we are paying to see a team in a league  that purports to be a competition, but actually is clearly not a competition for Derby. How can we compete with a depleted squad and a 21 point deduction?

Could Crowdfunding be arranged for an appeal for DCFC,I would certainly contribute and I am sure there would be thousands raised.

Tracey Crouch MP, Chair, Independent Fan-Led Review of Football Governance.

Writing to the Dept of Culture Media and Sport regards an update on the work of the fan led review.

The removal of club directors from the Board of the EFL (as recommended in its own earlier governance review) and the National League with both appointing new independent directors would also be a welcome reform. 

……………..well I’ll second that luv!

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/fan-led-review-of-football-governance-interim-findings-and-recommendations