A call to action

Derbados

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Can't we create one of those Change.org petitions where when the matter being supported gets so many votes then it has to be discussed at a certain level?

Yeah anyone can. I'm surprised no one has done it yet. I thought one of the supporters groups might have done it seeing as they may have a slightly better understanding of events from speaking with Quantuma etc

So...

Maybe somebody could ask the EFL fella directly, or indeed the administrators, if there is any point in us fans raising a crowdfunding project to cover the administrators' projected revenue shortfall? It may not amount to £7m at all, it may well be considerably less - plus, divide that by the number of fans willing to contribute on a weekly/monthly basis and it all begins to sound simple. Ish. 

Personally, I'd like to see the administrators start thinking outside of the box and get the ducked crowdfunding off the ground - after all, they are supposed to have the intelligence, the people and the lawyers to work this out. Priority number 1 - sustain the club!!!

Dear Administrators: WE ARE HERE! WE WANT TO HELP!! WHERE ARE YOU???

So I sent an email to RP and the other 3 non- footballing board members very politely setting out the human side of this a little. Sent in middle of night while Dad wandering and received reply at 7.17.
Please all keep doing this politely and perhaps with different angles to the email.

Gist of the reply was

- acutely aware of the importance of Derby County to the supporters

- know the history of the club.

- no agenda against the club (i didnt mention that)

- hope that a solution will be found.

if he is replying himself I am impressed actually that he is bothering. If it is a minion still good that they are replying promptly to individuals. Better than email going off to faceless organisation with auto-response.

what else are you going to do on a Sunday in January?

I too had a reply from Mr Parry today. He marked his reply private and confidential so I won’t share on here but one of his responses was pretty astonishing to me. It would indicate, if true and valid, that our administrators inactions in a particular area are, in conjunction with the EFL and Gibson, going to be responsible for our demise. 

When is the next supporters group meeting with the administrators? I would have a direct question that needs addressing that I would like to pass on to relevant parties. 

Inurge everyone to keep sending these polite and respectful emails to MPs and the EFL. If we can get a proper journalist on board then what is happening could be exposed. Know anyone up to the task@Owen87ITK?

21 hours ago, sage said:

3 ways we can help

1. Get media attention with some sort of protest

2. Get people of influence ie MPs to pressure the EFL

3. One of us win the Euromillions 

I can’t see how me winning Euromillions is going to help?

Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

28 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

So I sent an email to RP and the other 3 non- footballing board members very politely setting out the human side of this a little. Sent in middle of night while Dad wandering and received reply at 7.17.
Please all keep doing this politely and perhaps with different angles to the email.

steve-austin-beer.gif

41 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Gist of the reply was

- acutely aware of the importance of Derby County to the supporters

- know the history of the club.

- no agenda against the club (i didnt mention that)

- hope that a solution will be found.

if he is replying himself I am impressed actually that he is bothering. If it is a minion still good that they are replying promptly to individuals. Better than email going off to faceless organisation with auto-response.

So the EFL are going to try and go on a PR exercise to improve their image. The gist of the email sounds nice and fluffy but I don’t buy it. He needs to step forward and be interviewed so he can answer specific questions. If our admin haven’t done something call them out. But we need to hear what on earth the EFL are doing entertaining boro and Wycombe. 

23 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I too had a reply from Mr Parry today. He marked his reply private and confidential so I won’t share on here but one of his responses was pretty astonishing to me. It would indicate, if true and valid, that our administrators inactions in a particular area are, in conjunction with the EFL and Gibson, going to be responsible for our demise. 

When is the next supporters group meeting with the administrators? I would have a direct question that needs addressing that I would like to pass on to relevant parties. 

Inurge everyone to keep sending these polite and respectful emails to MPs and the EFL. If we can get a proper journalist on board then what is happening could be exposed. Know anyone up to the task@Owen87ITK?

My reply wasnt P&C so you have done correct thing not sharing this point. This point perhaps need addressing before scheduled meeting. You could message Jim from RamsTrust on here

4 minutes ago, baiano27 said:

So the EFL are going to try and go on a PR exercise to improve their image. The gist of the email sounds nice and fluffy but I don’t buy it. He needs to step forward and be interviewed so he can answer specific questions. If our admin haven’t done something call them out. But we need to hear what on earth the EFL are doing entertaining boro and Wycombe. 

Hardly a PR exercise but at least emails are being replied to which is something. It wasnt nice and fluffy. Could easily be bland "we cant comment during current negotiations" to everyone.  Its more about volume and not letting up. Interested to hear your further ideas on what fans should do as there must be more things? 

by the way love the user name - one of my 3 favourite players

42 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

He marked his reply private and confidential so I won’t share on here but one of his responses was pretty astonishing to me. It would indicate, if true and valid, that our administrators inactions in a particular area are, in conjunction with the EFL and Gibson, going to be responsible for our demise. 

It's the future of our Club here, no time for niceties. What exactly was implied?

44 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

The next meeting 'in the diary' was 20th January. Who knows whether this will now go ahead.

I do think you need to share with Jim at Rams Trust if he is accusing the administrators of something which you can't share in public and which threatens our very existence. 

I would email him - I will PM you.

I sent an email to Rick Parry and he replied with the following information:

- The claims from Boro/Wycombe are not against the EFL and he hasn't seen them so doesn't know whether they are valid or not.

- The EFL have never said that these need to be settled by a certain date.

- Part of the policy that the administrators have to demonstrate throughout the process that they have sufficient funds.

- How the administrators generate funds is up to them. The EFL has never told them what to do. 

-The EFL do care about Derby County and want to find a solution.

I'm pleased that he responded but obviously I expected that he would dodge some of the questions. It sounds to me like providing proof of funds is a necessity and they will not change their stance on that. We do not have to asset strip the club, it is up to the administrators what they do. The EFL do not care where these funds are coming from but they have to be in place.

I asked him whether it is true that the club have 17 days to do it or face expulsion. He didn't actually answer that question just stating that it is part of EFL policy. Just reading between the lines this is slightly worrying. 

In many ways I believe him about the Boro/Wycombe thing. He hasn't seen the claims and so cannot provide an opinion. However in my view the EFL should have the power to shut the claims down. He did say that the EFL have never said that Derby have to settle it by a certain point. So going off that it sounds like a takeover is very much possible and this is not the stumbling block we first thought.

I asked him why the holdup on a takeover when there are credible parties ready to move forwards. He didn't directly respond to that question unsurprisingly which confirms it's a very complex issue. He rounded off the email by saying 'we want to find a solution' which doesn't give me the greatest confidence. It sounds like there still could be some way to go with all this.

On 14/01/2022 at 19:52, super58 said:

Yep organise a few bus loads of fans outside the EFL peaceful protest would get some airtime one would think. Imagine if around 1000 fans marching to the EFL headquarters for a protest

If 1000 people go what is the chance of no damage to property or worse ? Peaceful protest is good but some who turn up will want it to turn ugly. 

39 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Hardly a PR exercise but at least emails are being replied to which is something. It wasnt nice and fluffy. Could easily be bland "we cant comment during current negotiations" to everyone.  Its more about volume and not letting up. Interested to hear your further ideas on what fans should do as there must be more things? 

by the way love the user name - one of my 3 favourite players

It was not a criticism of you and I think you did the right thing emailing him. I just don’t buy anything that comes out of the EFLs mouth. (I’ve been on their side of the fence and worked for a professional football league).