A call to action

Derbados

29 minutes ago, Ramewe said:

Does anyone know if we can complain to The Independent Football Ombudsman or is it just the actual football teams/officials that can? I had a look but I wasn’t sure.

I just checked on their website and it says you have to have complained to another body first, then you contact them if you’re not happy with how the original complaint has been dealt with.

5 minutes ago, europia said:

My thinking is to contact the EFL and request clarification on a single point:

Why is the EFL insistent on DCFC settling an unsubstantiated and unproven claim made by Middlesborough FC, as a pre condition to new ownership approval? 

Thank you for your email.

Your feedback is important to us, and will be responded to within our 28 day feedback window.

5 minutes ago, Rev said:

Thank you for your email.

Your feedback is important to us, and will be responded to within our 28 day feedback window.

Obviously I am aware of the likelihood of such a response. Having said that, the question needs to be asked (multiple times) until a satisfactory answer is given. If not by me, by someone with a bit of clout....

16 minutes ago, europia said:

My thinking is to contact the EFL and request clarification on a single point:

Why is the EFL insistent on DCFC settling an unsubstantiated and unproven claim made by Middlesborough FC, as a pre condition to new ownership approval? 

This, but why am I not hearing Tracey Crouch's name, thought she was supposed to be looking into football and reform?

Also, how about clarification that if they are giving credence to these vexatious claims how about....

When a player is wrongly sent off, rescinded on appeal, but it results in losing/drawing a game, surely it leaves the officials open against claims, or games being replayed, (precedent set in FA Cup earlier this season after officials made a mistake re substitues) or compensation.

Same goes with offside goals and missed red cards.

Or as per comments in another thread, the influence any team has had on the overall outcome of a season (Reading last year) that they have been found guilty of ffp breaches, what happens to the league if their results are excluded? Didn't someone say Rotherham would have survived? They need to raise a case the same as Wycombe on that basis.

Simplistically I  know, but surely the only thing Boro can possibly claim is lost revenue from the PO games, and at best used the respective league results to determine how far they would have progressed, what was their aggregate result against Leeds and if they won that, then against Villa (which we know they lost both) so losing finalist at best.

In Wycombe's case, if our points should have been applied last year, then Sheff Weds should have been the year before so they would have survived not Wycombe anyway. As also been said many times, it wasn't us that determined when the points deduction is applied, we had no say in it whatsoever, let's look historically at other deductions held until following seasons, if they affected the relegation positions in the season prior to them being applied then what's to stop all the affected clubs bringing the same charges using Wycombe's claim as precedence?

Surely all of these should be considerations that need highlighting to show how ridiculous the claims are. 

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Tried that a few months back.  The reply I got was generic one basically saying there was more chance of me getting high on my own farts then her getting involved in anything that actually mattered.  Another fur coat no knickers job before they make up another

So we stick to our own MPs and also spam media outlets with these points, also isn't there a means of starting a petition that with enough numbers forces parliamentary discussion? How ridiculously high is that number, is it achievable?

9 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

So we stick to our own MPs and also spam media outlets with these points, also isn't there a means of starting a petition that with enough numbers forces parliamentary discussion? How ridiculously high is that number, is it achievable?

Let's start the petition up. I'm sure we could hire the number with the help of the wider footballing community including Blackpool and Sheffield Wednesday fans ect 

9 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

My last email sent isn't overly relevant now as we are talking a few months ago.  The tail end is, however and reflects much of what was posted earlier regarding mental health.  Feel free to use it and adapt it as you wish if it's needed.

As a footnote to this, I would highlight the additional psychological stress this issue is having on many, particularly young supporters with learning difficulties.  I myself know a child with Asperger's  who is old enough to have a grasp of this situation and whose life is Derby County football club.  There has been a noticeable decline in his mental wellbeing with this continued situation.  I have two young nephews panicking about whether they will get to see Derby play again in the future.

Derby is a football city, it is it's lifeblood .  One Mr Clough once stated that if Derby were playing in the 4th Division people would be banging down the door to get tickets.  If this horrendous harassment continues that may be put to the test, if a club remains at all.

9 hours ago, Rich84 said:

Sending emails to EFL is useless.

But ringing during office hours blocks the phonelines. Every call has to be answered and takes up the time of a member of staff and occupies a line that other staff or customers might be needing. It's very disruptive.

I think we could be keeping EFL, Middlesbrough and Wycombe quite busy for a few weeks if we all get stuck into this.

26 minutes ago, Crewton said:

TBF, there's more than one, but that's definitely her. 

There is a tweet of hers that she says she doesn't respond to political type stuff in there and to email instead, so not sure she would respond tbh, I don't use twitter, asked the missus to look for her, what's the consequence if a 1000 people tweeted her? If that's a thing