What action can fans take against Wycombe and Middlesbrough

Curtains

19 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Don’t see there is much the EFl can do. GIbson simply replies: ‘my club is entitled to enforce its legal rights and remedies - we must let the arbitration panel decide the issue’   

The can allow the new owners to deal with what they know is a non-issue. Or even if an issue why shouldn't the new owners deal with it?

In all seriousness what if anything are Boro and Wycombe waiting for. If they have a claim persue it. If its just hogwash why don't the admin at Derby call it out and/or ignore it. This has gone on for long enough. 

Edited by The Scarlet Pimpernel

Scenario - we are 3 points off safety when we come to play Boro and the team need our full support. Would staying away or going to the game be the better option? 

Do you think £100k would make a massive difference to Boro compared to 3k Derby supporters roaring the Rams on?

I’d feel better knowing we’ve taken 3 points off them and moved closer to safety than thinking I was lining Gibsons pocket. 

If anything, we’d just get jibed with poo support chants and how can we make our feelings known if we aren’t there. 

Anybody thinking of staying away needs to have a re-think and get your singing voices on and get your tickets early. 

23 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

In all seriousness what if anything are Boro and Wycombe waiting for. If they have a claim persue it. If its just hogwash why don't the admin at Derby call it out and/or ignore it. This has gone on for long enough. 

They are waiting to be offered enough to withdraw the claim   The admins can’t ignore the claim unless their lawyers tell them it has zero chance, which obviously they have not 

3 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Call their bluff and let them take it to court.

That is what the admins wamt to happen but we cant sell the club until its sorted so that includes if it went to court which both Boro & Wycombe know we cant wait that long for.

Considering how many times the players and coaching staff have gone on about how important the fans have been this season, I think a boycott would have the opposite effect. Turning up en masse, taking over the place and spurring on the players to beat them in their own back yard would rattle Gibson much more than an empty away end, which would frankly just make us look tinpot. Missing out on matchday takings means nothing when you're as rich as he is but losing at home to a team he's adamant cheated them out of promotion would have quite the sting.

6 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

That is what the admins wamt to happen but we cant sell the club until its sorted so that includes if it went to court which both Boro & Wycombe know we cant wait that long for.

We can sell the club at any point in time.

Neither club are a creditor as they were not in the list filed at Companies House.

As far as I am aware neither has taken legal action either.

Basically its 2 chancers with 2 completely fictitious claims that neither would be stupid enough to take to court.

On the basis that a few years ago when we were probably over spending we went to Brighton and held them allowing Middlesbrough to be promoted to the premiership ( no thank you from them) - we should never allow that to happen again - if the opportunity to be selective in our team selection or our team results to impact negatively Middlesbrough we should consider it - what a ridiculous situation as I show my contempt 

34 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

They are waiting to be offered enough to withdraw the claim   The admins can’t ignore the claim unless their lawyers tell them it has zero chance, which obviously they have not 

Hmmmm. Not sure about that. However I am as sure as I can be that at the moment they are not “creditors”.  The admins have to work on behalf of creditors only. If a buyer offers enough to satisfy creditors and is prepared to accept potential future liability to the scum bags I fail to see why this can’t proceed. The EFL should answer a straight yes or no question, are Boro or Wycombe creditors?