The Administration Thread

Boycie

Not sure if this is the place to post this but today's financial figures for Cardiff City show just how hard it is for clubs to compete in the Championship without getting into a financial mess.

Cardiff have announced a loss of £11.5m for 2020-21, on top of a similar figure for the previous year. Nothing to breach FFP, but only because they had £80m of parachute payments across those seasons.

In fact, last year, the club's revenue was just over £55m - of which £34m came from a parachute payment.

7 minutes ago, SBW said:

I think this is a key point lost on some who's vitriol towards the EFL has lent itself to tin foil hat levels of conspiracy-thinking.

Q have been diabolical at communicating.  To see some defend them and claim it's because of some weird way of not letting news filter to the media via the EFL is infuriating, when you hear Rooney talk about constantly being kept in the dark, same with other staff.  

Having to loan money, therefore increasing the debt to see the season out is just madness.  They have gambled the future of the club on staying up.  Lunacy.  I still think some would rather they continue to do that.  I accepted relegation a long time ago, you have to think about what football and supporting your football club means to you, and Championship football isn't the crux of what it means to me.  They could have reduced costs greatly by moving on out of contract players, saving big numbers on salary and returning fees, however modest, meaning less money needing to be borrowed and being closer to evidence funding to the end of the season.  Those out of contract players are going to walk away anyway and L1 will still occur.  

Instead, they refused to sell them, pissed off the EFL and other member clubs, now refuse to engage in dialogue with the EFL, don't update the man who's brought some pride to the club over the past month and pick up a huge, ever increasing, pay packet all while long.

Q are mugging this club and its fans off, and some seem to lap it up as some genuine way of giving everyone the V.  It's not.  

Shambles. 

I don’t think you understand the role of administrators!

2 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

My guess I know I hope it doesn’t happen is with the EFL to meet the Administrators today I think the EFL will give the admin one week to name a PB say 5pm March 11th if nothing happens face formal expulsion from the league I know it’s harsh but it should kick the administrators up the arse to get going 

The only thing they could do as a knee jerk reaction is liquidate...... doesn't help anyone.

Why does everyone think they are dragging their feet, the club is in a mess, the EFL have done little to nothing to help and arguably have actively hindered them with their stance on Boro.

They have a legal obligation to do the best they can for creditors,  just because it is causing us stress and the EFL to go spouting unhelpful statements doesn't make a blind bit of difference to the overall outcome. 

I completely understand the frustration at Quantuma's lack of communication, but is it possible the reason they aren't saying much is simply that there's not much they could usefully say? Do people want them to come out and say "We've received a couple of bids, they aren't for very much, the HMRC won't go for it, and even if they did it would mean a 15 point penalty?" And how would they do that without driving away the bidders? 

For me the question is whether the behind-the-scenes work they are doing - presumably desperately trying to plump up the bids they have in order to make them viable - is what matters. And frankly we have no idea whether they are doing that badly, or well.

(PS This doesn't excuse them ignoring calls from the EFL, although the EFL clearly leak everything, immediately, in a way that isn't exactly helpful to Derby's cause.)

Edited by vonwright

26 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

If you have a story it's better to sensationalize the story, Make it bigger and better, KM who goes as the Barron on here wants people to read his blog or protestations concerning DCFC who he believes Q are monsters who don't talk to the EFL, The same EFL who I would walk across the road to piss on them but not put them out.

Ukraine are being blown to pieces, Russia want them off the map, Who's the guilty party here, It aint Ukraine, The EFL have all the power, They hold all the cards, Did you believe when WR said "nobody wants us in the Championship" i've said this on many occasions on here the EFL want a carcus in DCFC to show the world they're not to be messed with.

Journalists are the people who are bearers of bad news as bad news = more readers = more clicks = more views for adverts.

We all have an opinion of Q and the EFL, I'll stick with Q thanks, And duck the EFL

Sorry for the analogy of what's going off in Ukraine 

9 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

If you have a story it's better to sensationalize the story, Make it bigger and better, KM who goes as the Barron on here wants people to read his blog or protestations concerning DCFC who he believes Q are monsters who don't talk to the EFL, The same EFL who I would walk across the road to piss on them but not put them out.

Ukraine are being blown to pieces, Russia want them off the map, Who's the guilty party here, It aint Ukraine, The EFL have all the power, They hold all the cards, Did you believe when WR said "nobody wants us in the Championship" i've said this on many occasions on here the EFL want a carcus in DCFC to show the world they're not to be messed with.

Journalists are the people who are bearers of bad news as bad news = more readers = more clicks = more views for adverts.

We all have an opinion of Q and the EFL, I'll stick with Q thanks, And duck the EFL

Sorry for the analogy of what's going off in Ukraine 

Doesn’t help when Pauline Latham MP starts blaming Quantuma allegedly 

Pauline the EFL are at fault full stop and you should see that 

Edited by Curtains
Added

17 minutes ago, SBW said:

I think this is a key point lost on some who's vitriol towards the EFL has lent itself to tin foil hat levels of conspiracy-thinking.

Q have been diabolical at communicating.  To see some defend them and claim it's because of some weird way of not letting news filter to the media via the EFL is infuriating, when you hear Rooney talk about constantly being kept in the dark, same with other staff.  

Having to loan money, therefore increasing the debt to see the season out is just madness.  They have gambled the future of the club on staying up.  Lunacy.  I still think some would rather they continue to do that.  I accepted relegation a long time ago, you have to think about what football and supporting your football club means to you, and Championship football isn't the crux of what it means to me.  They could have reduced costs greatly by moving on out of contract players, saving big numbers on salary and returning fees, however modest, meaning less money needing to be borrowed and being closer to evidence funding to the end of the season.  Those out of contract players are going to walk away anyway and L1 will still occur.  

Instead, they refused to sell them, pissed off the EFL and other member clubs, now refuse to engage in dialogue with the EFL, don't update the man who's brought some pride to the club over the past month and pick up a huge, ever increasing, pay packet all while long.

Q are mugging this club and its fans off, and some seem to lap it up as some genuine way of giving everyone the V.  It's not.  

Shambles. 

As OB said yesterday most bids for the players were derisory and with no money up front so would have had minimal impact on he debt. The exception was the Palace bid for Plange for which we got £1 mill upfront i understand. Absolutely no point in selling players on that basis , as for peeing off other clubs so what ?? The other points hard to disagree with.   

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

Doesn’t help when Pauline Latham MP starts blaming Quantuma allegedly 

Everyone wants to hear what's happening with the PB talks, I don't I aint fussed, Q release a statement, Most turn it round to their opinion, Journalists get tipped off, They add a little more meat to the bones, MPs to be fare have highlighted our case, Then complain when they're not at the head of the queue for information, Then go on twitter and make a non statement about a non statement RamsTrust, Black and White Together, Team Derby complain when there's no update.

I'm waiting for 2 things, Either the announcement of a PB or liquidation, Everything else concerning DCFC and the media is just GUFF!

3 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Everyone wants to hear what's happening with the PB talks, I don't I aint fussed, Q release a statement, Most turn it round to their opinion, Journalists get tipped off, They add a little more meat to the bones, MPs to be fare have highlighted our case, Then complain when they're not at the head of the queue for information, Then go on twitter and make a non statement about a non statement RamsTrust, Black and White Together, Team Derby complain when there's no update.

I'm waiting for 2 things, Either the announcement of a PB or liquidation, Everything else concerning DCFC and the media is just GUFF!

The MPs are late to the party (excuse the Pun )and they have no real grasp of the situation.

They need to investigate the EFL and do their job not blame administrators.

MM has been stuffed by the EFL time and again but hasn’t helped himself. 

Please layoff Quantuma ( not you mate )they are our only hope in this situation 

Edited by Curtains
Added

4 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Not really - it tells us that there's enough money to get us to the end of the season - some reports earlier in the week suggested we might just scrape through to the end of March so that's a form of progress......

I don’t think that was ever in doubt mate .

Edited by Curtains
Added