The Administration Thread

Boycie

3 hours ago, Woodypecker said:

Couldn't you apply a straight-line amortisation yet still arrive at an end-of-contract value? Must the contract always arrive at £0.00? It doesn't work like that for business assets like plant, buildings, fixtures....

Buy a player for £3 million over a three-year contract, amortise him for £750k each year = £2,250 'depreciation'; £750 ERV

Out of all this, I still cannot see why a player's registration should be valueless at the end of a contract with his club. 

But then, this is football, sometimes 'beyond statute'.

One word “Bosman” - player registrations are valueless as they prevent free movement of trade under EU law ….. oh wait we are no longer under EU law

2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Did LAp hear evidence from the EFL's Finance Director at the time.. not according to this note from the IDC:

" By way of example, the Club complained that the EFL did not call evidence from Tad Detko, the EFL’s Finance Director at
the material times.
It contended that ‘it is difficult to resist the conclusion that the EFL has not called Mr Detko because Mr
Detko thinks, as he informed Mr Pearce, that the charges are “a load of rubbish”’. However, Mr Detko’s views on the merits or
otherwise of the Charges – whatever they might be - are neither here nor there; it is for us to determine the merits or otherwise
of the Charges on the basis of the factual and expert evidence before us".

So how could the LAP decide whether the EFL were misled if they didn't even have the opportunity to ask the EFL's Finance Dircetor at the time of the 2017 accounts submission?  He  knew and  understood, like I understood, that the notes to the accounts couldn't possibly mean literally that we were assigning non zero values at the end of contracts...  because he had common sense, unlike the lawyers and academics the EFL called in later.     

As you know, in their conclusion the IDC apportioned blame to both parties. Taking into account the section you quote selectively. 

10 hours ago, BoroWill said:

Almost universally regarded as one of the best owners in the game, but I'm sure he will be devastated to hear that DCFCFans have decided he is a stain on football.

He was once upon a time spoken of in those terms by MOTD at least based on 

- he backed his managers spending 

- he didn't sack managers quickly 

- he hasn't tried to sell the club for a quick profit. 

Mels got 2 out of 3 but in Gibso speak is a systematic cheat. 

See the irony will? 

?

13 hours ago, BoroWill said:

I think he's very dissimilar to Mel Morris, once you get past the local owner passionate about the local area. I also think there's quite a bit of false equivalence happening comparing selling one of any football clubs biggest assets in their stadium, compared to moving tax losses to another group company. One of your major stumbling blocks is due to not owning your stadium, and it has been a common theme with administration/liquidations of football clubs over the last 20+ years. Selling tax losses to another group company increases the value of the football club, selling the stadium gives you a short term boost but ultimately strips the football club of it's single largest asset.

If the label of cheats was based solely on the stadium sale I would agree with you, but having accepted a punishment for falling foul of FFP it certainly wouldn't be defamation to refer to you as cheats on that basis.

In your analysis of us “falling foul of FFP”, I think you’ve simplified it so much that you’re either deliberately misrepresenting the situation, or you genuinely don’t understand the implications of the latest EFL statement.