The Administration Thread

Boycie

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Some more loopholes which meant Mel could write off debt (once the club was sold) which would boost our P&S position.

Thanks GOC. Those loopholes would only help P&S going forward not retrospectively as Pete was indicating.  

3 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

If the EFL refuse to rule on it then I see no other way. Galling as Q could have done this months ago had either party been talking to the other. ?

Still, the EFL won’t like us taking this down the legal route but I can’t see how they can stop us. The threat of expelling us from the league, but would they? I think they would shed whatever credibility they had left if they even tried.

Is it the insolvency Court ? Who can fast track stuff because things need to be sorted quickly?

5 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Thanks GOC. Those loopholes would only help P&S going forward not retrospectively as Pete was indicating.  

I think it would be the combination of loopholes .. amortisation pushing the costs down the road and then selling the club so that the accumulated losses get written off. Unfortunately neither loophole worked. And they won’t work going forward either since Exceptional items will not be allowed as per our November agreement with Efl.

Edited by PistoldPete

6 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

If the EFL refuse to rule on it then I see no other way. Galling as Q could have done this months ago had either party been talking to the other. ?

Still, the EFL won’t like us taking this down the legal route but I can’t see how they can stop us. The threat of expelling us from the league, but would they? I think they would shed whatever credibility they had left if they even tried.

If they expel us expect a legal battle which will unearth every single bit of dirt (Mel and EFL). Their position with regards to the Crouch Review and the independent body will be weakened so much that there won't be an EFL left standing. They'll avoid that route at all costs.

5 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

I'd be willing to guess this was Q's last option. There's no guarantee it would have been decided on in time, and its probably the most expensive route. I suppose that's what happens when you're trying to get the EFL/Wycombe/Boro to be reasonable.

19 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Do we know where this has come from - apologies I'm not up to date with all threads and comments?  Has anything changed to lead Q to going down the legal route - something many on here have questioned for what feels like forever?  I guess if they employ someone like De Marco to at least make a public statement to the effect that under XYZ law, M & WW cannot be considered creditors and as such their claims cannot form part of the debt and cannot also be laid at Derby's door etc etc. 

It's an interesting one. 

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

If they expel us expect a legal battle which will unearth every single bit of dirt (Mel and EFL). Their position with regards to the Crouch Review and the independent body will be weakened so much that there won't be an EFL left standing. They'll avoid that route at all costs.

Agreed . Parry by his own admission in the athletic interview was against an independent regulator. Funny that. EFL failure to embrace that is very damning.

they are shot through with conflicts of interests and the antithesis of an independent regulator. 

you are right GOC if Efl try the nasty stuff with us expect the mother of all legal battles .

19 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

How would selling the club get round FFP?

I think it refers to the hairbrained scheme MM was blabbering about in the documentary - he sells the club, keeps the debt then waives the debt over the next few years thereby juicing up the P&S numbers. I think it's why the EFL required us to agree in the 9 point settlement that we would get their permission before taking into account any exceptional items in the P&S calculations. 

I used to think I understood what EBITDA meant ...

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

WTF. Stay at home. Heard enough poo from this lot on the Radio last week.

Sounds like they just fancied a bit of a jolly on works time to me.

’hey shall we go and see what the atmosphere is like in Derby this afternoon?’

*let’s go out in the car, do no work, get stuck in traffic, coffee at Newport Pagnell,  turn back

Atleast go Friday morning and get back for half decent time, why travel to Derby and back at the worst possible times for traffic?

Southerners, I tell ya

2 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Do we know where this has come from - apologies I'm not up to date with all threads and comments?  Has anything changed to lead Q to going down the legal route - something many on here have questioned for what feels like forever?  I guess if they employ someone like De Marco to at least make a public statement to the effect that under XYZ law, M & WW cannot be considered creditors and as such their claims cannot form part of the debt and cannot also be laid at Derby's door etc etc. 

It's an interesting one. 

See my above post - would expect that Q are bored of waiting on the EFL to decide if they are football creditors, should their claims be successful.

Instead, they'll try and get a legal ruling, and judging by Nixon's tweet, this is a decision on whether they are successful rather than the football creditors ruling. I could be wrong.

8 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Sounds like they just fancied a bit of a jolly on works time to me.

’hey shall we go and see what the atmosphere is like in Derby this afternoon?’

*let’s go out in the car, do no work, get stuck in traffic, coffee at Newport Pagnell,  turn back

Atleast go Friday morning and get back for half decent time, why travel to Derby and back at the worst possible times for traffic?

Southerners, I tell ya

They work for newsquest, I’m amazed they still have the money or desire to send a reporter outside a 5 mile radius of their office.

12 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

It's an interesting one. 

My guess is they always wanted to squash the Boro and Wycombe claims through the cOurt of insolvency. Efl said they didn’t like that so we weren’t able to announce a PB . So now we are having to muddle through without a PB for now but getting the court to rule on the swuashability  of the claims first .my guess. 

23 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

See my above post - would expect that Q are bored of waiting on the EFL to decide if they are football creditors, should their claims be successful.

Instead, they'll try and get a legal ruling, and judging by Nixon's tweet, this is a decision on whether they are successful rather than the football creditors ruling. I could be wrong.

I think the Admins are like a lot of people when dealing with the EFL - they start out being reasonable and the EFL are very polite and assure them that they're working incredibly hard to sort out any issues. But after months of hearing the same bull from Parry & his mates, they realise that the EFL have absolutely no intention of sorting anything out - whether it's incompetance on a grand scale or a deliberate policy, the EFL simply refuse to do anything that may prejudice their own position and simply drag their heels to the point where those people trying to negotiate with them have lost the will to live. They did it to Morris with the endless charges/embargoes to the point where he realised he would never be able to sell the club and they're now doing the same to the Admins....

I hope that this latest move is to force the EFL to obey the law of the land and dismiss the  ridiculous claims, thereby allowing a PB  to be named - the alternative is death by a thousand cuts as this saga drags on for as long as it amuses the EFL and their mate in the North East....

Edited by Gaspode

4 hours ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

It is amusing to read that the EFL's negligent failure up to date their rules with a two year old statute could be settled by  arbitration. The EFL are arrogant but surely even they must understand no matter what it is in the EFL rules the law is the law and this cannot be diluted, altered or ignored by the EFL.

I'm sure that if, at any stage, the EFL are "forced" to update their rules to satisfy current legislation, they will be more than obliging.  They'll have very little, if anything at all, to lose, by doing so.

Unfortunately, one rule that won't need bringing up to date, is the rule that The EFL are Lords and Masters of their own Estate, and as such, they are entitled to reduce their membership, simply by requesting the safe return of the Golden Ticket... at any time... from any member... for any reason they so see fit.

15 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

I think the Admins are like a lot of people when dealing with the EFL - they start out being reasonable and the EFL are very polite and assure them that they're working incredibly hard to sort out any issues. But after months of hearing the same bull from Parry & his mates, they realise that the EFL have absolutely no intention of sorting anything out - whether it's incompetance on a grand scale or a deliberate policy, the EFL simply refuse to do anything that may prejudice their own position and simply drag their heels to the point where those people trying to negotiate with them have lost the will to live. They did it to Morris with the endless charges/embargoes to the point where he realised he would never be able to sell the club and they're now doing the same to the Admins....

I hope that this latest move is to force the EFL to obey the law of the land and dismiss the  ridiculous claims, thereby allowing a PB  to be named - the alternative is death by a thousand cuts as this saga drags on for as long as it amuses the EFL and their mate in the North East....

We need our day in court.