The Administration Thread

Boycie

37 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

I’m a glass half full kinda bloke so I’ll set myself up for a bit of ridicule with positive take on the East Mids news article.  It was reported that Appleby and his gang are ready to take over as soon as the administrators allow.  I’m pretty sure that in one of their first interviews on Talk Sport, Quantuma talked about a handover period of around a month once the preferred bidder is confirmed.  Isn’t it possible that they’ve already been told they’re the preferred bidder, are finalising the finer details and entering the handover period.  Consultation and communication is also ongoing with the staff at the club.  This would tie in with Percy’s article at the start of the week that mentioned the takeover being completed in Feb.

Just trying to cheer people up ?.

You may be right, you may be wrong. Either way, I love you anyway simply because of your shirt. One of my first (albeit the away orange one), and still my favourite. 

41 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

John Percy is hearing voices full stop!

When was the last time he got anything right? Who on earth can afford to through away tens of millions on day one after buying us? We might not sell anyone because it won’t even scratch the surface of the debt.

When Mel was whispering in his ear?

14 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

If this is true, then liquidation looks less likely/unlikely.

They’d be accepting offers to pay as much to all creditors, as soon as possible if liquidation was a distinct possibility, before the players registrations default to the EFL upon liquidation and only football creditors have access.

As others have mention preserving the value of the squad suggests there’s a deal in the offing!

?

There's definitely a deal in the offing.  We're likely to have to give the kind of buyer were attracting a helping hand though I suspect and always have . As a business you can't continue borrowing money to cover day to day costs. 

5 hours ago, Barney1991 said:

Is Rooney still ill as it’s interesting he hasn’t done his pre match press conference yet maybe some info to come out today maybe? Clutching at straws I know but wondering why someone else hasn’t done it instead 

Yep you’re clutching at straws. It’s tomorrow and was set for then over a week ago. 

30 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

They’d be accepting offers to pay as much to all creditors, as soon as possible if liquidation was a distinct possibility, before the players registrations default to the EFL upon liquidation and only football creditors have access.

As others have mention preserving the value of the squad suggests there’s a deal in the offing!

?

I agree, it does sound less ominous.

I do think there will be some key players leaving which will be unpopular, but if it gets any deal over the finishing line (due to reduction in outstanding debt), then I think that’s the lesser of two evils. 

32 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

?

I like the thought process, and hope you are right. I suspect it just as likely that Quantuma are trying to make sure no one takes our trousers down on fees. It’s the 6th January. They might not have the same strength of purpose come the 26th.

11 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Copy and paste from Christmas Eve. They did say it it doesn’t happen in next few days they will give more Information 

Next few days information will be the same as Christmas Eve aswell stuffs holding us up blah blah blah, just the same stuff over and over again

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I like the thought process, and hope you are right. I suspect it just as likely that Quantuma are trying to make sure no one takes our trousers down on fees. It’s the 6th January. They might not have the same strength of purpose come the 26th.

You could well be right. I’m hoping it’s the glass half full route!

I would think that Quantuma would be liaising with the potential new owners when dealing with bids received for players. The offers received for the club take into consideration the value of all assets, which the players are part of. When making their bid for the club, I would think that each and every player was assigned a value and if the incoming bids don't meet this value, then the potential purchasers wouldn't be happy.

1 hour ago, Gritstone Tup said:

John Percy is hearing voices full stop!

When was the last time he got anything right? Who on earth can afford to through away tens of millions on day one after buying us? We might not sell anyone because it won’t even scratch the surface of the debt.

Perhaps the Squirrels are talking to him ?