The Administration Thread

Boycie

On 13/04/2023 at 09:33, Ghost of Clough said:

The EFL are consistent in the punishments they've given clubs for administration and P&S once it is agreed what the failure actually is. However, there is inconsistency in reaching that agreement.

I think what I'd like to understand ATM is how COVID allowances have been applied in our case versus whats been permitted. Iirc an estimate was made for our losses at one point with some COVID allowance in there but whether or not that aligned with the other clubs permitted losses which came at a later date is completely unclear.

8 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Put this here...

1 defeat in 11 games (18 goals scored, 8 goals conceded) and Mad Mel starts pacing and screaming in the changing room...

We failed to win the next 6, scoring only 3 goals and conceded 12. Clement sacked prior to game 6.

The REAL turning point in the season?

20 hours ago, alexxxxx said:

I think what I'd like to understand ATM is how COVID allowances have been applied in our case versus whats been permitted. Iirc an estimate was made for our losses at one point with some COVID allowance in there but whether or not that aligned with the other clubs permitted losses which came at a later date is completely unclear.

Is that you MEL?

One of Kirchner's companies subject to a winding up order from Rooney's agent, Paul Stretford: https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/chris-kirchner-derby-county-wages-8384378

The piece also says that Stretdord's company Triple S "has also been pursuing Kirchner through the civil courts in America over an alleged unpaid bill of £1.6million after the agency firm Triple S paid the wages of Derby's staff and players in May."

An interesting article has popped up on Hull Daily Mail regarding losses in the championship last season. The figures exclude Derby in administration and I suspect that the 3 promoted clubs probably include promotion bonuses.

I've roughly converted weekly losses into annual losses which should be capped at an average £13m per season.

Fulham  68m

Bnmth  57m

Notts 51m

Brum 30m

Stoke 28m

Br City 28m

Reading 25m

QPR 24m

Cardiff 24m

Preston 23m

Blackburn 22m

Boro 21m

Millwall 12m

WBA 12m

Hull 8m

Luton 7m

Barnsley 6m

Cov 6m

Blackpool 4m

Everyone from Boro upwards lost well in excess of the target figure and unless there has been a drastic change in fortunes, will be well over the 39m, 3 year limit, over last year and this year's figures alone. These clubs will soon attract the attention of the EFL FFP restrictions, one would think.

This season, the likes of Millwall, Luton and Coventry have shown that you can compete with a lower budget.

25 minutes ago, ram59 said:

An interesting article has popped up on Hull Daily Mail regarding losses in the championship last season. The figures exclude Derby in administration and I suspect that the 3 promoted clubs probably include promotion bonuses.

I've roughly converted weekly losses into annual losses which should be capped at an average £13m per season.

Fulham  68m

Bnmth  57m

Notts 51m

Brum 30m

Stoke 28m

Br City 28m

Reading 25m

QPR 24m

Cardiff 24m

Preston 23m

Blackburn 22m

Boro 21m

Millwall 12m

WBA 12m

Hull 8m

Luton 7m

Barnsley 6m

Cov 6m

Blackpool 4m

Everyone from Boro upwards lost well in excess of the target figure and unless there has been a drastic change in fortunes, will be well over the 39m, 3 year limit, over last year and this year's figures alone. These clubs will soon attract the attention of the EFL FFP restrictions, one would think.

This season, the likes of Millwall, Luton and Coventry have shown that you can compete with a lower budget.

Except as well as receiving parachute payments those clubs are also allowed to lose more than the £13m per year without being penalised, not sure what their limit is. This will help Notts when they get relegated. They’ll also sell Johnson for big money which will help them.

12 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Fulham  68m

Bnmth  57m

Notts 51m

Brum 30m

Stoke 28m

Br City 28m

Reading 25m

QPR 24m

Cardiff 24m

Preston 23m

Blackburn 22m

Boro 21m

Millwall 12m

WBA 12m

Hull 8m

Luton 7m

Barnsley 6m

Cov 6m

Blackpool 4m

Thanks to the current 4 year cycle, Covid losses, promotion bonus exclusions, academy costs and other little exclusions, there aren't many club close to the limit for the current season, even if they repeat last season's losses.

Current PL Clubs
Fulham - promoted twice within the current 4 year cycle, with large promotion bonuses to be excluded. A loss of £20m would probably still see them within the limit.
Leeds and Forest - Both will be panicking if relegated this season
Bournemouth - with PL income and promotion bonuses last season, they'll be comfortably within the limit.

Current Championship clubs
Stoke - Sold their stadium, training ground, cheated the system with Covid losses and still look set to struggle to stay within the limits. Never mentioned in the media because they haven't cost another club a playoff spot.
Bristol City - Another club heavily reliant on covid losses, but do have the odd player to sell to stay within the limits.
QPR, Boro, Cardiff, Birmingham - all close to the limit if they have a repeat of losses this season. Some will have reduced losses, whilst all have at least 1 player they can sell to make up the difference.

Current L1 clubs
Sheffield Wednesday - last season's accounts should be released soon, but without serious cutbacks since relegation will also be close to the limit.

42 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Thanks to the current 4 year cycle, Covid losses, promotion bonus exclusions, academy costs and other little exclusions, there aren't many club close to the limit for the current season, even if they repeat last season's losses.

Current PL Clubs
Fulham - promoted twice within the current 4 year cycle, with large promotion bonuses to be excluded. A loss of £20m would probably still see them within the limit.
Leeds and Forest - Both will be panicking if relegated this season
Bournemouth - with PL income and promotion bonuses last season, they'll be comfortably within the limit.

Current Championship clubs
Stoke - Sold their stadium, training ground, cheated the system with Covid losses and still look set to struggle to stay within the limits. Never mentioned in the media because they haven't cost another club a playoff spot.
Bristol City - Another club heavily reliant on covid losses, but do have the odd player to sell to stay within the limits.
QPR, Boro, Cardiff, Birmingham - all close to the limit if they have a repeat of losses this season. Some will have reduced losses, whilst all have at least 1 player they can sell to make up the difference.

Current L1 clubs
Sheffield Wednesday - last season's accounts should be released soon, but without serious cutbacks since relegation will also be close to the limit.

Starting with the 21/22 season, are we reverting to the 3 year cycle? If so, the 21/22 season be the first of the returning 3 year cycle?

If that is the case and most of these clubs have suffered similar losses for 22/23, then either massive cost cutting or substantial player sales will be required in the next 12 months, both of which are easier said than done.

10 minutes ago, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

There's several Quantuma companies registered with slightly different company names but with the same/similar people involved.

And stuff like this is why I don't trust Maguire on anything - spots something somewhere, immediately jumps on Twitter to show off and then ends up having to delete the tweet when it turns out it was nonsense.

8 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

And stuff like this is why I don't trust Maguire on anything - spots something somewhere, immediately jumps on Twitter to show off and then ends up having to delete the tweet when it turns out it was nonsense.

Sums him up to a T.