The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

Well arguing that it is Q that clows should pay it.

You're not reading what he's telling you B4.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the club. Nothing.

This has absolutely nothing to do with David Clowes. Nothing.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the EFL. Nothing.

This is money that will come from the creditors pot, Mel Morris and local businesses.

So just to repeat, this has absolutely nothing to do with the club. Nothing. So don't worry about it.

Something my dad mention 

But dont get me wrong I hope that it does not but I want these resitions gone so club can start to sign players on fess even if on small one shopping in lower leagues that I have no probleams or over sea.

8 minutes ago, David said:

You're not reading what he's telling you B4.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the club. Nothing.

This has absolutely nothing to do with David Clowes. Nothing.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the EFL. Nothing.

This is money that will come from the creditors pot, Mel Morris and local businesses.

So just to repeat, this has absolutely nothing to do with the club. Nothing. So don't worry about it.

So… just to be clear..

22 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

It’s pretty standard practice that if you’re working away from home, you expense your meals while you’re away. And there were presumably multiple members of staff, having multiple meals a day for at least a couple of months at the beginning.  That all adds up pretty quickly.  It’s not just food either, it’s labelled Subsistence, which probably covers a bunch more stuff.

You can argue if they should do it or not, but if you start refusing what are considered normal perks of the job, you’re just restricting the pool of willing administrators even more (when it was apparently pretty small to start with).

As far as I know, Quantuma can take it to court if they reject, with the risk that creditors end up losing even more, with legal fees being spent fighting it.

But it should be only up to a moderate limit. After all, most of us have always taken our lunch into work with us and then had an inexpensive meal in the evening. We all have to work to a budget and quantuma should have been no different. I'd dearly like to see a breakdown of their meal expenses. 

21 minutes ago, Miggins said:

But it should be only up to a moderate limit. After all, most of us have always taken our lunch into work with us and then had an inexpensive meal in the evening. We all have to work to a budget and quantuma should have been no different. I'd dearly like to see a breakdown of their meal expenses. 

Like I said though, it doesn’t take that many inexpensive lunches and meals to hit that sort of figure if there’s several of you working away from home for several months on end.  And taking your own lunch into work isn’t really an option if you’re living out of a hotel and don’t have a kitchen (which is the very reason why expensing it is normal).

23 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

No wonder their expenses are high if they've been taking Marinakis out for dinner with them!

Just one wafer thin mint?

11 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I saw a mention of the Smiths and it reminded me that, every time you eat a bacon sandwitch it makes Morrissey sad.

As if bacon sandwitches needed making any better to begin with.

QTY=  Prince Charles GIF

On 04/05/2023 at 18:37, Mucker1884 said:

I don't think they'll get a penny from DERBY COUNTY (THE RAMS) LIMITED (Company number 14190771), so I shouldn't worry about it.  I'm sure Mr Clowes himself isn't concerned?  

Nothing payable by the club, that must be right. But whether DC’s holding company might be required to contribute depends on the contract he signed to buy the club. 

The fact is, the top flight insolvency practitioners decided years ago that these footie mandates are best avoided. So the firms that do them , such as Q, are in the second division. They also charge second division fees, despite that the numbers seem high. For me, their comical attempts to understand the football creditors’ rule, and their attempts to blame the EFL for their own incompetence, mean they shouldn’t get an extra penny 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just wondered if anybody had any more news on Chris Kirchner, last I found was in May when "if found guilty" he would get up to 180 years in prison!

I can't find any court dates, but I think that goes to show the stark reminder of how close we came to going down the plug hole.

In Clowes we trust