The Administration Thread

Boycie

39 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

And stuff like this is why I don't trust Maguire on anything - spots something somewhere, immediately jumps on Twitter to show off and then ends up having to delete the tweet when it turns out it was nonsense.

Quantuma LLP's status is indeed "liquidation" on the government website.

The request for the extra money is from Quantuma Advisory Limited.

Same/similar people. Different company. 

Not the greatest tweet in history, I agree. 

52 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

And stuff like this is why I don't trust Maguire on anything - spots something somewhere, immediately jumps on Twitter to show off and then ends up having to delete the tweet when it turns out it was nonsense.

Doesn't really matter to him or the Twitter lynch mob though.

He just plays the Pied Piper, fiddles with hit flute a bit (he's very practised at that, apparently), gives it a blow and they all follow along to his tune, lead by their emotions and (intentionally) stirred up once again into an indignant frenzy.

It still amazes me how much people are taken in by it, unaware that they're being played, while raging about others' inability to see that they were dealing with a conman.

Edited by Kokosnuss

26 minutes ago, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

Quantuma LLP's status is indeed "liquidation" on the government website.

The request for the extra money is from Quantuma Advisory Limited.

Same/similar people. Different company. 

Not the greatest tweet in history, I agree. 

That's how it always is though. There's some grain of truth somewhere, but he runs with it without checking anything properly.  He clearly isn't just making random stuff up or anything, but he does stuff like this often enough that you can't take anything he says at face value IMO.

He implied that the company that did our admin had gone bust, and that's obviously not the case here. He's previously tweeted about Derby having to pay HMRC 100% under their new settlement rules, which also wasn't true.  A while back he tweeted something about one of Mel Morris companies that was based in Pride Park being liquidated, without realising Pride Park isn't just the stadium, it's a big business park with loads of companies on.  And that's just the stuff I know about because it's relevant to us.

26 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

That's how it always is though. There's some grain of truth somewhere, but he runs with it without checking anything properly.  He clearly isn't just making random stuff up or anything, but he does stuff like this often enough that you can't take anything he says at face value IMO.

He implied that the company that did our admin had gone bust, and that's obviously not the case here. He's previously tweeted about Derby having to pay HMRC 100% under their new settlement rules, which also wasn't true.  A while back he tweeted something about one of Mel Morris companies that was based in Pride Park being liquidated, without realising Pride Park isn't just the stadium, it's a big business park with loads of companies on.  And that's just the stuff I know about because it's relevant to us.

There are also people who now think that Quantuma's additional fees are something that DCFC will have to pay, rather than the reality that any extra that goes to Quantuma is less that will go to the unsecured creditors. Quantuma could claim £350,000, £3.5m or £35m it is no concern of ours!

8 minutes ago, Carnero said:

There are also people who now think that Quantuma's additional fees are something that DCFC will have to pay, rather than the reality that any extra that goes to Quantuma is less that will go to the unsecured creditors. Quantuma could claim £350,000, £3.5m or £35m it is no concern of ours!

Yeah, that's another one for the list.  Given what went on, none of the figures quoted in that tweet of his are really that surprising.  They were always going to go over their initial budget when issues (mostly) out of their hands ('Boro and Wycombe for example) resulted in the process going on for far longer than expected.  And there were always going to be significant expenses for legal fees and hotels/travel etc.  He's just waving big numbers around in front of people that don't really understand what's going on, to get clicks.

4 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well I think derby paid enough out on that front already this just creedy now.

Are they asking for more money? This can’t be right, we ought to complain to the EFL! They’ll help us fight them off.

8 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

Quite - Needs to stick to being a teacher, does zero work to look in the companies house alert he's clicked on turns out he's talking crap. As per.

56 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Are they asking for more money? This can’t be right, we ought to complain to the EFL! They’ll help us fight them off.

It is right even confirmed on radio derby.

Coming upto near 2 to 3m more.

5 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

It is right even confirmed on radio derby.

Coming upto near 2 to 3m more.

I don't think they'll get a penny from DERBY COUNTY (THE RAMS) LIMITED (Company number 14190771), so I shouldn't worry about it.  I'm sure Mr Clowes himself isn't concerned?  

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So it's up to the creditors whether or not to accept the claim? Why didn't they ask Maguire the obvious question - what happens if they say no?

I assume Quantuma can take it further somehow otherwise why wouldn't the creditors just decline the request? 

9 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

So it's up to the creditors whether or not to accept the claim? Why didn't they ask Maguire the obvious question - what happens if they say no?

I assume Quantuma can take it further somehow otherwise why wouldn't the creditors just decline the request? 

The 'creditors' being Morris according to Maguire.

24 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I used to joke about the fat one ordering extra sides with all his food.

20k on food, where were they ordering from? Bei bleeding jing.

It’s pretty standard practice that if you’re working away from home, you expense your meals while you’re away. And there were presumably multiple members of staff, having multiple meals a day for at least a couple of months at the beginning.  That all adds up pretty quickly.  It’s not just food either, it’s labelled Subsistence, which probably covers a bunch more stuff.

You can argue if they should do it or not, but if you start refusing what are considered normal perks of the job, you’re just restricting the pool of willing administrators even more (when it was apparently pretty small to start with).

13 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

As far as I know, Quantuma can take it to court if they reject, with the risk that creditors end up losing even more, with legal fees being spent fighting it.

10 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

He's really quite a charlatan, I remember he was interviewed on radio Derby and it was really quite embarrassing how many mistakes he made, particularly about PPS.