The Administration Thread

Boycie

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah I didn't know if you could say something like 'and all this will be put into the review, it's not looking good!'? Meh.

I think I'd rather the Admin found 'proof of funds' and crowd-funded Nick de Marco!

I think they could easily be saying that behind closed doors. If they wanted to put a shot across the bow a statement could look like "The government is increasingly concerned about this situation as representative of insufficient governance of the football league. These deficiencies of governance are not new as seen previously in the cases of Bury and Macclesfield. The questions that the case of Derby represent are forefront and centre of our review led by Tracey Crouch  into football governance. The government urges a resolution as quickly as possible to Derby's situation. "  This kind of thing threatens the EFL into major reform whilst supporting our cause. 

16 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Sorry but "the Sports Minister has urged everyone to take a pragmatic approach, in the interests of staff, fans and the local community."

Doesn't sound like a warning shot. 

Its a coded message to EFL. It means.. " Don't give me any of that we have to be consistent, it's in our rules, blah blah. Sort it out you ****heads. 

17 minutes ago, Ramtastic ones said:

They can't sue us whilst we are in administration.

Correct, so they should take their claim to the League Arbitration Panel.

If I thought someone owed me £45m I would be trying every channel possible to get my claim ratified as legitimate. 

Neither has any intention of doing so.

18 minutes ago, SBW said:

Seeking to.

You can't make a decision based on what you believe their intentions to be.  You're saying it like I don't know it's entirely malicious.  Doesn't mean you don't address it.  

It is blatant what they are doing and why they are doing it.  But Q have fallen right into it. 

Its been addressed, they took legal advice and omitted if from the list of creditors. 

If either Boro or Wycombe believe it was wrong to omit their claims then it is up to them to prove otherwise.

If they are as keen to take action as you have implied then I'm sure they will have provided the administrators with the legal advice they have taken.

I think the collective response from our fans, other football fans, local business and initial responses from MPs has been heartening and something that has given us all some respite (along with the actual team). It seems from tonight’s responses from Andrew Bridgen and DCMS that we are out of road and any hope we have will be decided by either Gibson or Morris stepping back from their current position. 

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Ah but it was a debt to Boro. Owed by Rick Parry. He doesn't want to get sued by them again. 

It was never proven to be a debt, though.

Settled before the second hearing into the case, after Boro's initial claim was dismissed.

The allegation was Liverpool had been made aware of a release clause at £5.5m, but other teams weren't, so offered £7.5m.

Gibson reported LFC for tapping up, and then the PL fined Liverpool and the player.

He sued for the difference, and lost, so appealed that, which he was given permission to do.

Naturally Gibson then sued claiming £7m in damages, not the £2m difference, and claimed the extra for covering the cost of firing 3 different managers who'd been deprived of Ziege's services!

The blokes a modern day Nostradamus, making vague claims wherever he can then hoping to settle up before his laughable claims are heard in court.

I hope he leaves his curling tongs on one day, and his house burns down while he's out.

2 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Have Boro made any public statement whatsoever to anyone about their claim? Look at the chaos they have caused just by sending an email to the EFL. If they were just asked by someone to make a statement it would be a start. Why doesn’t the sports minister ask them to explain their claim?

Response would read "Derby cheated two years on the trot in the previous seasons by using the correct accounting method to value their assets and had a better team because of it. It has nothing to do with us having crap form at the end of that season and we are not desperately trying to get a few quid in because we are also skint and in breach of FFP regulations. Honest".

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Its been addressed, they took legal advice and omitted if from the list of creditors. 

If either Boro or Wycombe believe it was wrong to omit their claims then it is up to them to prove otherwise.

If they are as keen to take action as you have implied then I'm sure they will have provided the administrators with the legal advice they have taken.

You're not getting my point.  You are addressing the matter of them not making a claim.  I am not saying they should have dealt directly with Wycombe and Boro off the bat.

But this issue hasn't just occurred.  For it to be an issue that the EFL say needs resolving, it would have needed resolving a few months ago too.  I.e imagine a preferred bidder was found in November and Q went to the EFL and said, 'here ya go' EFL would have said, 'hang on chaps, what about Boro and Wycombe, you have choices on how to deal with it, but it needs addressing'.  Then decisions could have been made on that.

Looks to me like it was ignorantly forgotten about.  That dialogue should have occurred.  Because now there's discussion around going to court about it.  If that had happened in Nov, it might even be resolved by now.  It might not be also, but it would be further down the line.

It's been a huge oversight. 

8 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Anyone wondering which QC is advising the EFL, could it be Nicholas Randall QC, member of the EFL Board and privy to all the discussions regarding Derby County….and Chairman of Notts Forest?! 

I don’t think it makes much business sense or common sense to have a hand in potentially getting rid of your local rival, when you aren’t doing well it’s the fixture that often sells out. It’s part of the passion of each set of supporters. Any forest fan saying they want Derby liquidated obviously doesn’t properly support forest.