The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

According to the Daily Fail it is both. As for who leaked it well the first story went to Percy.. who gets most of the EFL's propaganda, then Matt Hughes another mouthpiece for EFL. Nixon out of the loop for obvious reasons.  

Matt Hughes is a Derby County hater who does nothing but slag us off and gets his information wrong by guessing based on his opinion.

10 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Personally, I believe no poster should be receiving abuse from any other poster on this Forum, we’re better than that. This isn’t the Bristol City fans forum.

Agreed. We all have a common love. Derby County. And that should be enough to unite us rather than descending into in-fighting. 

1 hour ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

What rule is said to have been broken?

Some technical one I guess, as on the face of it borrowing money from Stretford to pay wages does not sound much different to borrowing it from Dell for same purpose  ?‍♂️

But a conflict of interest is the statement. Personally I think its the media creating a storm to sell scandalous news. EFL or The FA would get slaughtered by MP's and the media if there was punishment for the club. They've put more than enough barriers in front of the club, any more would be seen by most as a vendetta against the club.

3 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Love that analogy. You’re telling me I should just be grateful I have a TV in the first place (which I obviously am). All I’m asking the man in Currys is what channels it has on it. I think it’s a fair question. 

Why has it rattled you so much that I have asked how much he is worth? It’s a fair question anyone should ask about literally anyone who would attempt to buy this club. 

Not rattled in the slightest. If you had said DC is only worth £XXXX and I don't think he's able to spend vast amounts then I'd have agreed with you. 

The tone of your posts suggested a wee bit of trolling tbh.

On 27/06/2022 at 19:07, Crewton said:

Because the EFL have categorised his unproven claim as a Football Debt, B4. It's the biggest stitch up by the ruling body in its entire history, which which is saying something. 

So what’s to stop us putting in a claim against the EFL for their mishandling of the situation? It was they who allegedly didn’t apply the points deduction. That responsibility was the EFL’s and therefore nothing to do with Derby County. So it is their failure to apply the deduction, so they should be accountable for Goolie’s losses. Whole we are at it, the EFL’s inaction and ducking of responsibility was directly responsible for our relegation. Irrespective of the 21-point deduction, we were well on course to avoid relegation until Goolie’s and  Curly’s spurious claims got in the way.

22 hours ago, Hanny said:

Not sure if I’m taking this out of context, but, are you really stating that the ‘clear’ path forward to the prem (we are now a third tier team). Were  resting on the haunches of Mike Ashley…and Mike Ashley alone? 

That seems a wee bit fatalistic to me. MA is not some rubber stamp of success. I mean, even Mike Ashley does not believe that…or else he would have bought the club!

Derby are about to find firm footing and be allowed to grow (organically) as a club, and not forced to try and compete for a promotion. 

These are finally (in my opinion) some exciting times to give this club the chance to breath and just start playing football again. Without expectation.

I am very excited to see what some of these youths have about them! 

Well, as I stated in my post, Ashley would have given us a really good chance of a return to the PL, in the long term. I never suggested it was a certainty. Just that it seemed our best chance, moving forward. 

23 hours ago, JfR said:

Typical, isn't it? All these agents sapping the game dry, and the one time an agent puts money into a club he gets punished for it.

It's ridiculous. If this has happened, in order to pay the wages the funds would have had to go through the clubs banking and payroll. In which case I can't see how Quantuma weren't aware of an obvious transgression. In which case Quantuma should be punished, not the football club, which is essentially; the fans, DCFC employees, coaching staff and a handful of players. 

36 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Not rattled in the slightest. If you had said DC is only worth £XXXX and I don't think he's able to spend vast amounts then I'd have agreed with you. 

The tone of your posts suggested a wee bit of trolling tbh.

I think it’s a bit rich to pick me up on my “tone” considering your response to my original post, but there we go. 

If asking questions about how much a new owner is worth is “trolling” then fair enough. I’m only asking this question because Clowes has seemingly come out of nowhere and his wallet is considerably less public than Mike Ashley for example. (I would be asking the exact same question if this was Andy Appleby).

This wasn't SECRETLY paid.  The administrators said they needed funding to pay the wage for June.  Someone paid and advised they would be doing so.  Were they paid-yes.  Was it paid on the understanding it would paid back- Most likely but by some bloke playing bitcoin monopoly.

Sod all to do with us going forward. 

1 hour ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Just to speak from experience on this.. 

If you try to quote by highlighting a bit of text and clicking the little 'quote selection' box that pops up, and this piece of text is itself a quote  the system can't recognise this, and will treat it as if you're quoting the person who's post contained the original quote. 

Thanks for taking the trouble to explain CB. Much appreciated. Hopefully Kev will see this too and acknowledge. 

2 hours ago, ram59 said:

The issue of 500,000 will make the club easier to split up into smaller parts.

I may be adding 2 + 2 and getting 500k, but is it possible that somewhere down the line, is Clowes going to give us 'normal' fans a chance to buy a share in the club?  If the club was valued at £50M, then each share would be worth £100. I think that most fans could afford to buy at least 1 share. Is he looking to really make the club, a fans' club?

Too much to hope for. This is DCFC after all....

26 minutes ago, europia said:

It's ridiculous. If this has happened, in order to pay the wages the funds would have had to go through the clubs banking and payroll. In which case I can't see how Quantuma weren't aware of an obvious transgression. In which case Quantuma should be punished, not the football club, which is essentially; the fans, DCFC employees, coaching staff and a handful of players. 

What about if t he e money was put in Qs account and they were told it was on behalf of CK who said he was funding us

36 minutes ago, europia said:

Well, as I stated in my post, Ashley would have given us a really good chance of a return to the PL, in the long term. I never suggested it was a certainty. Just that it seemed our best chance, moving forward. 

You are 100% entitled to your opinion on the matter.

I was just pointing out that you didn’t offer any reasoning as to why MA would have been the best path forward.

And for me, it seems since MA didn’t buy the club- he does not share the confidence in his abilities that you do.  

4 minutes ago, Hanny said:

You are 100% entitled to your opinion on the matter.

I was just pointing out that you didn’t offer any reasoning as to why MA would have been the best path forward.

I think the reason a good chunk of supporters think/thought that Mike Ashley would of been the “best” choice was simply two fold:

1) Most amount of money (per reports)

2) He’s owned another football club that has played at a higher level than we have 

Whether or not you think he did a good job of No.2 is up for debate, but I think it’s those two factors that earn him a lot of support.

Clowes, and to an extent Appleby, are unknowns and should therefore be regarded with a healthy level of scepticism, as well as optimism, in my opinion. 

Edited by Nuwtfly

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I think the reason a good chunk of supporters think/thought that Mike Ashley would of been the “best” choice was simply two fold:

1) Most amount of money (per reports)

2) He’s owned another football club that has played at a higher level than we have 

Whether or not you think he did a good job of No.2 is up for debate, but I think it’s those two factors that earn him a lot of support.

Clowes, and to an extent Appleby, are unknowns and should therefore be regarded with a healthy level of scepticism, as well as optimism, in my opinion. 

Sorry, I have to take issue with your point no.2, I can’t remember Newcastle ever playing in a European Cup Semi Final ?