The Administration Thread

Boycie

55 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Also this 

“Ordinarily under TUPE, employees at the date of the transfer automatically transfer to the new company. But they also have the right to be given information about the transfer ahead of time and a right to object to becoming an employee, which would trigger their contract being terminated at the point where the sale eventually takes place.”

“This legislation was used by a number of Glasgow Rangers players to quit the Scottish side when they were liquidated in 2012.”

Big difference between Derby situation and rangers. Derby situation is more likely similar to the Wigan situation where assets were transferred to a  new Company and then the old Wigan Company was wound up. Rangers were wound up by HMRC and they were sent out of the Scottish top Leagues. 

53 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Just for clarity, I'm not personally advocating anyone jumping on any player's back based on assumptions - I'm just commenting about how it looks in in our currrent predicament. No doubt though some of the twitterati will be at it, as you say.

Understood mate and wasn't your post in particular I was referring to. It's just a general observation that anything that could create any more discontent among the players is probably unwelcome at this time. Obviously emotions are running high among the fans and that's fully understandable, but let's not shoot ourselves in the foot here.

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

It's my understanding that TUPE regulations aren't just for liquidation/administration stuff, it applies whenever a business is transferred to a new owner.  So all those situations would probably also apply to normal takeovers too, which would be absolute chaos.  All of Chelsea's players could tear up their contracts tomorrow, for example.

Just reading what happened with Rangers.  "If a player wishes to object to being transferred to the new owner his contract of employment would immediately come to an end leaving him with no contract, no dismissal and no right to compensation from either old club or new club

"Both the club and the player are then free from their contractual obligations."

2 minutes ago, IncredibleKoosh said:

Something must be happening for games to be announced... Mustn't it?

Well Hertha announced the friendly against us some weeks ago… they then took it off their website. There must have been something stopping us confirming the fixture, that’s now no longer an issue

1 minute ago, IncredibleKoosh said:

Something must be happening for games to be announced... Mustn't it?

I’m taking it as a positive step, not necessarily as a key sign to a takeover being done but to see planning for the new season is happening suggests we will at least get another year of the club, I mean it could all change but I’m thinking positively  ?