The Administration Thread

Boycie

10 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

You mean the local businesses that have already been shafted. By businesses you must mean fast food shops and pubs.

No I mean the big players that have got big money. I have been more vocal than most about the likes of Ashley coming in and paying businesses owed money a pittance, don’t agree with that at all ?

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

No I mean the big players that have got big money. I have been more vocal than most about the likes of Ashley coming in and paying businesses owed money a pittance, don’t agree with that at all ?

It's not Ashley's fault that the businesses are owed money - that blame lies with Morris......

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

If the bidders don't make an offer aligned to what Q are seeking, there's no deal.

The size of the debt makes it the largest debt on football history in the UK.

A new bidder is likely to receive preferred bidder status, once they pass the threshold for buying the club, as set by Q.

What does this even mean?

58 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Indeed, the administrators will give them as long as possible for a bidder to come up with a credible offer and it is no use saying they must accept a bid, even the highest bid may not be enough then there will come a time when the EFL will say time is up. Don't believe the club is too big to be liquidated, no business is too big, the debt may just be too high.

Whilst there are buyers there will be no liquidation of the Club.

11 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

So after he left us he spent time out bonding with his wife. I bet he did.

It was/is his association with Sheridan, History in todays world of public life and media storms stops Davies from being employed in football, Any owner who employs him should know about his past allegations...a millstone around a clubs neck can weigh you down.

Also...I was pi$$ed off with his interview straight after our victory against WBA in the play off final ?

31 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Agreed, but my gut feeling is Ashley will pay the bare minimum and take advantage of the situation. 

Of course he will - and I honestly expect any buyer to do similar. It’s a strange concept that the new owner should be liable for the debts incurred by the old owner.
Morris overspent yet gets to watch the new owner pick up a big chunk of the tab. Not entirely sure how he can sleep at night having screwed over so many people/organisations and potentially destroyed the club he claimed to love…..