The Administration Thread

Boycie

Just now, GenBr said:

with an acknowledgment that the League will be able to negotiate directly in relation to matters concerning the transfer of the share in the EFL. 

I'm not an expert on administration stuff but isnt this pretty pointless? If the administrators dont think an offer is good enough nothing the EFL can do will change that and it wont matter who they want to give the share ti. Unless they're saying they are just going to give it to a completely different team

I assume they're saying - what they said when the real trouble started - 'with our approval'. So don't try selling to an owner we think can't fulfil the fixtures?

They don't even need to break any insolvency laws, or interfere with the administration... they just take away our membership, from their private little club, and we don't have a leg to stand on!

Beginning to think The smooth-pated Puppeteer could have put those strings to better use... no, I shouldn't think like that!  Not nice!  

?

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

I've not seen any official announcement that Kirchener has failed to conclude a sale of the club? Isn't this still ongoing.

I know it's semantics but it should have read failed to conclude a sale of the club against Fridays arbitrary deadline?

I guess in reality he still has not concluded the sale to the timeline basically Q and CK promised I guess over and over to the EFL - that’s what you imagine would have been happening behind closed doors. I think they are now stepping in as they don’t trust them to actually work quickly enough to get things done. Yes we had a PB but surely it just makes sense to have been talking to other interested parties - especially after the first deadline was missed to have a back up. It doesn’t seem like they did and on Friday they made a standing start to talk to other parties.  

27 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

Indeed - 100% correct.  if CK pays, he can't because he isn't going to want to match the price.  If CK doesn't pay, then the offer was actually zero so MA will offer more than that.

MA has got to offer enough to bring the club out of administration and also come to an agreement which is acceptable to the creditors without either of those MA is a none runner.

Ummm what's stopping us playing the entirety of next season in administration?

There's no rules about how long a club is allowed to be in administration for - look at Wigan, Portsmouth etc 

Why are the EFL suddenly getting all precious about us potentially going into next season in administration, they weren't particularly bothered about it for the past season.

So do we actually know for a fact MA’s offer was too low? Or are we having to take it at face value of what Q said? Im not sure I trust anything of what they say. 

Cause I just wonder if MA has actually been allowed to ever actually talk and make an official offer. I’m assuming this is the case he has made to the EFL and that is why they have now stepped in. It would make sense right? A buyer comes to them and says look I have the means to make this happen and they are ignoring me… what can you do to get me in the door?

Or is that really all too simple a narrative for this complex situation? 

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

There's no rules about how long a club is allowed to be in administration for - look at Wigan, Portsmouth etc 

Why are the EFL suddenly getting all precious about us potentially going into next season in administration, they weren't particularly bothered about it for the past season.

I’d imagine it’s cash flow and having the funding for the season. Remember we don’t have a squad. 

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

MV5BMjEwNzEzMTYxMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzc4

This is all based upon CK money not getting cleared. What happens if it does? Is MA demanding CK bid is kicked out so he can put a lower on in. I’m sorry but unless someone comes in and matches or betters CK bid for the club they don’t really care about this club. God knows why there’s such a hold up with this transaction but surely it will go through .

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

We still have debts to pay & cannot pay those debts. 

We’ll need to sign new players too. It’s not like we can keep running as a club. 

39 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Of course the EFL want Derbys bills settled,  we all want to get back to normal, whatever that is. I would be surprised at the EFL trying to apply public pressure on the Administrators, is Nixon article simply his understanding of the EFLs position?

Doesn't really matter whether they are trying to put public pressure on or not.

The real problem is the amount of debt and if nobody is willing to provide enough funds to lift the club out of administration then it won't happen.

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

Isn’t the issue having the funds and a squad to complete the season not the length of time in admin? If that was feasible whilst in administration then I guess they couldn’t make the threat they have. 
If we had say 18 players signed on for next season on low value contracts and could sell season tickets to generate revenue along with projected match day income then perhaps they’d allow it, as it stands through the combined behaviours of our previous owner, the owners of two rival clubs, the appointed administrators and of course the EFL themselves the club is completely hamstrung and the only hope for the future is an imminent (sorry) takeover and the rebuilding of a squad OR the EFL relax rules to allow the admins to extend/offer some contracts so we can start the season until such point as a buyer is found. I just don’t think they’re willing to do that ?