The Administration Thread

Boycie

10 minutes ago, Mckram said:

I did think this.

Why can’t Leeds claim something when we beat them in the play off semi finals, I’d say they have more grounds than Boro. The fact they’re Premier League now should have nothing to do with it.

Leeds broke the finance rules as well but they haven’t been charged yet and whilst it is a different subject why don’t the EFL charge the clubs who are in the premiership for when they return to the EFL - it shouldn’t matter that they are currently in the premiership 

8 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

The admins have tried to dupe us in their blame game. Don’t you think they’d try just as hard to dupe Owen 

Oh give it a rest. They aren't new to this administration game.

The EFL are going 'against statute' how could the Admin plan for that? How could they accept that just another creditor claim be treated as 'football creditors' because they are football clubs? As has been said when we've given into those clubs without being able to contest their claim, who next. Which other clubs would like to take a financial pop at us while we're in administration and can't fight back!?!

7 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Look I agree that a neutral arbiter would regard these as spurious claims. But should Q expect that the regulator would treat the claims as spurious, when its rules say they are to be adjudicated by an arbitrator? Of course not  

Quantuma would expect the EFL to remain neutral, not use the claims as leverage against the club. They are essentially preventing the claims being dealt with in accordance with their own ducking rules!!!! 

Wake up!!!! 

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Why Villa?

What have they done, to merit us suing them?  ?‍♂️  

It's being in administration that's the point, that allows the clubs in question to put in vexatious claims and allows the club being claimed against little option to deal with those claims.

Have the EFL given any clues as to how and why we should deal with claims of spurious 'football creditors'?

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Most of the division will have claims against another club if you include Reading and Sheff Weds

As well as most other clubs because they all appear to be breaking FFP either now next season or the season after which probably means that Luton will be crowned champions for the next few seasons but not until 2030 

One thing is for sure if we survive this . This has instilled hatred forever towards the efl , boro, wycombe . The police presence for the boro match will be massive if it goes ahead. Dont expect any ante gibbo  banners to be allowed through . The big loser now in this caused by mel but compounded by the above 3 is football. Its breeding alot of anger  . 

2 hours ago, I know nuffin said:

Just s silly thought what if one of our large creditors informed the EFL if the club was liquidated because the EFL insisted that the administrators broke the law and they could not do that and they got less than a figure agreed with the administrators the creditor would sue the EFL for the difference. That would wake them up

One can’t help feeling that HMRC ought to be having a word in the EFL’s ear. It’s the good old taxman (therefore society and we taxpayers)  who will suffer greatest in money terms if the EFL force us in to liquidation. 

Who is questioning the law givers in the EFL ? Who is scrutinising the neutrality of their committees? Who is driving their agenda ? I refuse to accept this is simply following a rule book. Who is making the judgments and what are their affiliations and self interest ? There is the putrid smell of a rotting kangaroo court in every utterance that comes from the EFL. 

Just s silly thought what if one of our large creditors informed the EFL if the club was liquidated because the EFL insisted that the administrators broke the law and they could not do that and they got less than a figure agreed with the administrators the creditor would sue the EFL for the difference. That would wake them up

Its not silly at all - its a very good point.

I can't imagine HMRC would be too impressed at being made to settle for a significantly reduced figure because the EFL were refusing to allow the club to be sold/come out of administration in contravention of insolvency law. If I were Quantuma, I'd be seeking an urgent meeting with HMRC to fully impart the latest situation & ask for their stance on it.

40 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

My guess is that as soon as the transfer window closes, the takeover will be allowed to go through. 

We can still stay up without any additional players being added. 

Starting with 3 points today COYR

I’ve thought this for a few weeks to be honest. Once the window shuts I wouldn’t be surprised to see the claims disappear 

If and when we come to an agreed "Out of court settlement" with both Curly Sue and that Wycombe guy that nobody knows the name of, and nobody can be arsed to Google... no offence, sir!), what then, would Paddy Power (Other betting shops are open) have to say with regards to others copying the aforementioned FC's before the said out of court ink is dry (and therefore before an official PB is in place)?

What odds on others rapidly following suit, to make a few bob?  Bristol City?  Leeds?  Others?  

We (Admins) simply have to find a way around this, or we die anyway!  

MSD, and possibly HMRC also, must surely be concerned about the direction in which the EFL are pushing us? 

I know that MSD hold security over all club assets and the Stadium, but that isn't going to get them their money back, whereas a successful takeover and deal for the stadium will. I can't imagine that they are going to sit there and watch their investment dwindle. 

23 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

The way I see it is Wycombe and Middlesbrough are not currently creditors of any description. Simply submitting a claim doesn’t make you a creditor until either you win your day in court or a settlement is agreed. Neither of these have happened so, in theory, exit from administration should be able to proceed without resolving them and I can’t see how the EFL have any right to insist they are settled first. The only people that could/should be delaying the announcement of a PB is the PB themselves if they don’t want to progress to that stage with a potential future compensation payment hanging around.

Instead of allowing them to hold us to ransom (which it seems is exactly what they’re doing) the EFL should have insisted Wycombe and Middlesbrough put up or shut up long ago. Sadly, if they did take us to court, even though there chances of victory may be slim in the extreme, they know it would take a long time - time we don’t have. They seem to be taking advantage of the situation to receive a settlement for a claim they may have minimal chance of winning if it was allowed to proceed through the courts. That strikes me as immoral.

Totally agree which is why I was suggesting some security for the PB with a claim for damages from QPR. 

1 hour ago, atherstoneram said:

I would have thought MM getting involved would just be fanning the flames.

There’s a point there I agree. But if it’s what’s necessary to keep us afloat we need to see it happen.  The other hope for us - if Ashley etc conclude it’s just too difficult - is Gadsby and friends. But from a football point of view I think that’s likely to be a complete reset 

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It's being in administration that's the point, that allows the clubs in question to put in vexatious claims and allows the club being claimed against little option to deal with those claims.

Have the EFL given any clues as to how and why we should deal with claims of spurious 'football creditors'?

Oh, I agree with you.  My post wasn't related to any of that. 

My post was in reply to a poster suggesting we sue Villa, and to ask why we would do that.  I can't see what grounds we'd have, currently, as they (Villa) don't appear to have broken any rules .   ?‍♂️

8 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

A restructuring expert without a plan B is like a diver without an aqualung 

As I belatedly read through the last couple of pages I think it might be you who is floundering. I’m here to help buddy.

B2ADCBC0-E5BC-497D-9C17-B7953D95249C.png