The Administration Thread

Boycie

12 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Someone is now playing silly beggars on Twitter. Kirchner's account is proving difficult to search for and a plausible parody account has popped up claiming the takeover has been completed. 

Just another bantersaurus t*****, or something more sinister? 

No it isn't. https://twitter.com/cskirchner

I think everyone needs to relax a bit until we hear something from an official source. (not Dawes)

3 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

It would be the receiving institution (not a govt agency) that would undertake the process. It would be done at the point of cleansing, ie. typically when it stops just being money moved around and is moved to an investment/other financial instrument etc.

So how would he have attempted to get the money in without going via the AML - according to @angieram this is his third attempt (I thought only second)?

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So how would he have attempted to get the money in without going via the AML - according to @angieram this is his third attempt (I thought only second)?

I'd say that would be extremely unlikely., he would have had to have circumvent the banking system, seems rather unlikely that he might try to send bitcoins or gold or something ?? It would probably be fraudulent.

5 minutes ago, rammieib said:

One minute 50% of fans are unhappy that CK is 'unprofessional' with his twitter announcements and the next minute those same 50% want CK to do a twitter announcement.

Can't write this stuff.

?

More like 1% of the fans have a hissy fit every five minutes and 99% of the fans are waiting for an official announcement.

I’m sure it isn’t, but I haven’t heard of one larger. But is it possible that this is one of the largest transactions ever made where 100% of the money originates from crypto? 

That could explain why there is a delay. Trying to piece together exactly where the money originally came from.

32 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

But surely part of the fit and proper test is to prove where the funds are coming from.

So if this is the issue then clearly the fit and proper test is flawed. 

Yep, agreed. Which is another reason why I find it hard to believe AML tests are the cause of the delay if Q do withdraw the PB status.

Of course you have to remember that the right and proper persons test is done by the EFL and AML tests are done by the receiving institution (bank). So the tests probably aren't exactly the same. The EFL might just want proof he has the funds whilst the AML test will be interested in where the funds have originated from. The EFL won't be experts on AML.

Edited by Tamworthram

44 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Guys this is potentially a huge day for DCFC, please for one day can we not flood this thread with puns?

Some of us have to fit work in between doom scrolling!

dont drown.

33 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The line is, why did CK try to get the money into the bank without going via the AML (according to Nixon). Now it's being looked at by the AML, is that because he tried to dodge them or because the money is dodgy, or both? Or none! 

33 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It also told us CK tried to get the money in without going via the AML aka the 'finance police'.

It's not the customer that decides, it's the Bank that decides. There are banking guidelines. I am not sure CK could bypass that even if he wanted to!

2 minutes ago, DJFern94 said:

I’m sure it isn’t, but I haven’t heard of one larger. But is it possible that this is one of the largest transactions ever made where 100% of the money originates from crypto? 

That could explain why there is a delay. Trying to piece together exactly where the money originally came from.

It's not even close I don't think. Nothing to worry about so long as he's not stolen it from someone or somewhere

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

...It's not the customer that decides, it's the Bank that decides. There are banking guidelines. I am not sure CK could bypass that even if he wanted to!

And yet Nixon, who has seen proof of funds, says he tried. Listen to the Talksport interview.

5 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

More like 1% of the fans have a hissy fit every five minutes and 99% of the fans are waiting for an official announcement.

99% of Rams fans that I know are really peed off and 50% have just about had enough. Season tickets will be the proof.

25 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

But surely part of the fit and proper test is to prove where the funds are coming from.

So if this is the issue then clearly the fit and proper test is flawed. 

I suspect that the EFL test is a box ticking exercise to make sure it complies with their rules. The financial institution would be doing it to prevent potential unlimited fines and jail sentences, the two things are poles apart, that's for certain.

31 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

All transactions are subject to AML in some capacity. There is certainly no way around it with the sums we are talking about for DCFC