The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

I don't want to see "Options Open" - I want to see "The Purchasing process has been agreed and we're now going through the fine print" - this message from Derby CC is disheartening to say the least.

Historically speaking - "Options Open" in Derby City Council speak includes it "burning to the ground in a mysterious fire", so who's got that one in the Ground Sale Sweepstake?

13 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Sounds like it’s miles off. If it’s down to the council it will be next year sometime before anything is finalised.

It could be miles of but a legally binding agreement to purchase could seal the deal, these can be put in place quickly, the clauses might be unacceptable to Mel though such as conditional offer subject to survey, where remedial works are to be subtracted from the total.

Its not the cost of the ground persay that's holding this up its the combined cost of paying off DCFC debts that Mel ran up as well as the stadium totalling about £55-60M, then factor in building a new team. although I suspect there will be lots of free transfers available, that would jump at the chance of working with Rooney..... 

12 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

Anyone else keep logging on to see if there is an update on the daily update thread - saying - the deal is done.

Or perhaps it's time to sign up to Chris Kirchner's Twitter!

He's gone quiet to busy playing golf and leaving it to his team, I suspect its going to fall though unless there is some deal to part purchase PPS, where he does not have to pay the money back, possibly a rates free period to make the transaction attractive enough for CK....

27 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

He's gone quiet to busy playing golf and leaving it to his team, I suspect its going to fall though unless there is some deal to part purchase PPS, where he does not have to pay the money back, possibly a rates free period to make the transaction attractive enough for CK....

Not playing sponsoring . He cannot play as it is a ladies competition under the name A Ram Co although they dont put spaces in their nsmey

Think the Council are getting a bit of unfair criticism here. They’re  under no obligation to try and buy the stadium and, as many have said, they’re bound to have a lot more hoops to jump through than a ‘normal’ business, both in terms of securing funding (which they may have already done according to ITKers) and actually spending the money.

They certainly won’t be as quick as a private buyer, not least because of all the legal and scrutiny processes they’ll need to go through (which in most cases people would be happy with as nobody likes Councils spending ‘their’ money without scrutiny). The business case might be holding them up too, because you’d have thought of it were that good then you wouldn’t need the Council to get involved (maybe it’s just too much of a stinker of a deal for anybody to do it, which makes it even less likely the Council would approve a bid… got to get good value for public money by law (I think)).

I’d also have thought that if there are avenues being explored for a private purchase, the Council won’t want to commit to anything anyway. Got to be preferable for it not to involve public money? 

4 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

I wonder if he's been making the MSD loan repayments out of his own pocket since administration then?

That is one of the mysteries of the stadium. Back in December CK in that tweet that he was very annoyed in claimed that MM did Motown the stadium. He must have been wrong but that's what he posted

16 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

That is one of the mysteries of the stadium. Back in December CK in that tweet that he was very annoyed in claimed that MM did Motown the stadium. He must have been wrong but that's what he posted

It wasn’t the Supreme deal he was hoping for?

It made Stevie Wonder?

etc etc etc

Edited by curb