The Administration Thread

Boycie

As far as I was aware, Mel pumped his money into Derby County Football Club indirectly, by purchasing shares in a holding company. 

This holding company then invested the money from Mel into the club, so leaving the club debt free as far as Morris is concerned. 

Obviously this may have stopped at some point, as we can't see the accounts we can't tell how we were funded (or not) in more recent years. 

I'm not sure he's got the leverage people assume, if the debt isn't owed by the club. After all, that was surely the point in funding us that way.

8 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I wouldn’t be too bothered about preferred bidder status no one else has put one in.

But its the exclusivity period that needs extending. Don't really want Kirchner dropping out now otherwise probably bye bye to rooney and nearly all the players.

49 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Mel refusing to deal with Kirchner in any way and blocking him at all costs because it's personal isn't game changing? 

Wasn't there an issue with CK calling MM something derogatory on his twitter account a few months back before CK came back to be PB?

8 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Number 1 you're on Twitter so nonsense like that is standard fair, God knows why Elon Musk is interested in the platform. 

Because Musk is a big “I AM” like Trump, and recognises that there is a ready made mob on Twitter who are small I AM’s 

Now, that’s not to say Musk isn’t a ground breaker with vision; but he is undoubtedly a “type” and no matter how clever or inspired, like Twitter, I find him an unpleasant bully who’s content is of questionable value. 

3 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I suspect it could come quite soon

Certainly by the time he jets off tomorrow. So sad to watch this ‘death of a thousand cuts’. I wonder how much thought goes into the impact on certain fans’ mental health by the people holding this deal up for whatever reasons. ?

Edited by RedSox
Fat fingers

2 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

The two things aren't mutually exclusive, I could call you an ugly bar steward, it may be true, it's certainly derogatory.

No, that would be an opinion being as beauty is in the beholder 

So...

The Administrators (bless 'em) said they had secured funding to see the season out. That finished yesterday.

Kirchner has said the deal needed to be concluded by 7 May (yesterday) so that he could start writing the cheques. With the "impasse" in place and no solution around the corner, there's every chance CK will pull out.

So..... How is the club currently funded?

Indeed, is it currently funded?

Rooney said this 24-48 hours is critical. Is it fatal? Are we now facing liquidation.

When does Kirchner return to the States?

The "third party" won't be able to purchase the ground before he goes. So I guess that's the end of his bid.

That leaves this supposed late bid from Ashley. But why would he offer more than CK if neither think the club is worth the debt? He wouldn't but he could offer Mel more and the creditors less, which means the 15 point deduction.

This nightmare is about to build into a crescendo.

Edited by IslandExile