The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 hours ago, RipleyRich said:

I'm still not getting why anyone would pay c£30m for effectively nothing.

I am starting to wonder if CKs proposal is 35% over 3 years. He would obviously pay some up front but not the full amount.

Would that allow 2 things:

1. The club ends up funding the bulk of 35%

2. Does that allow enough of CKs £30m to secure the stadium

My only doubt about that is that the club has nothing right now, so are you suggesting that the club will be immediately profitable so it can “fund” ? 
To part with “funds” to pay something, you have to have those “funds” in the first place 

12 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Derby fans taking delight in Birmingham's plight should be ashamed. Yes, I'm well aware of the 'party' chant, but confident that's the empty vessels speaking the loudest.

Don't stoop to their level. No football fan deserves what we are going/have gone through.

Not even Millwall.

What about Leeds ?

13 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Derby fans taking delight in Birmingham's plight should be ashamed. Yes, I'm well aware of the 'party' chant, but confident that's the empty vessels speaking the loudest.

Don't stoop to their level. No football fan deserves what we are going/have gone through.

Not even Millwall.

Meh. Duck 'em, we've at least the right to laugh at them. Not saying we should wish them ended - no football team should have that happen. No football fan should have to suffer that.

But I'm gonna have a laugh!

56 minutes ago, curb said:

It’s a bit strange, yes they owe a lot of money to their owners, but then so do about 50% of championship clubs.

TBH, most clubs should be concerned when it gets to that stage, and we should have, but every one else just makes excuses for it. Maybe there’s some reason why they don’t trust their owners?

Thanks. Yes I know they’ve had serious doubts about their owners, now it obviously looks like they have some facts to back it up. 
I agree there’s a lot of heartache coming down the line for a few clubs. 

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Not even Millwall.

It's a good source of schadenfreude. I take your point, but considering Derby fans have been getting it all season it feels like a well earned dose of karma that I can certainly enjoy. 

14 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Talking of L1 Budget. I wonder if Wazza would manage DCFC for a season or 2 without taking his £1-£2 million wages. And perhaps take shares instead?

Not sure he can take a drop in wages. Imagine the gas bill has gone up a few £££££ to heat the Rooney mansion.....

4 hours ago, RipleyRich said:

I am starting to wonder if CKs proposal is 35% over 3 years. He would obviously pay some up front but not the full amount.

Would that allow 2 things:

1. The club ends up funding the bulk of 35%

2. Does that allow enough of CKs £30m to secure the stadium

But he - or anyone buying us - is not effectively buying nothing.  They are buying Derby County FC and all that means, from its history and reputation to its access to Moor Farm and PP (currently) and its golden share and position in the league/EFL structure.  And, most of all they are buying potential.

If you want to buy a football club in the English leagues (and that might be a good question to ask) you could go for one in the EPL and have to pay hundreds of millions, if not billions.  Try one in the Championship post Covid and, apart from a very few, you'll be buying debt that runs into many tens of millions - see Birmingham/Bristol - and not many with our facilities and with our manager's football reputation and with our academy's reputation and with our proven fanbase, which is important if you want to build a club.  And most of all you are buying a club that has a once in a lifetime opportunity to reset.  So many players out of contract at once gives us an opportunity to reset the playing staff almost completely both in terms of footballing ability and salary.  I bet there aren't many in that position - there'll be plenty who owe millions but have players on long, expensive contracts - and who might just envy us that opportunity.

Mel was right about three things - the importance of our Academy structure, the broad incompetence of the EFL and the hugely damaging financial impact of the Covid/non attendance season

37 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Would be great if the Cardiff game was a sellout..just to pay full respect to the great effort of our management and playing staff..wherever we are at that moment, relegated or still fighting it shouldn't matter..the effort and dedication shown this season deserves a full stadium to celebrate.

Sell out or not, the noise will show Rooney, his staff and the players how much we respect them for their efforts this season.?

5 hours ago, RipleyRich said:

Well you can assume he’s only willing to pay 30m if he’s got use of the ground. 

once use of the ground is factored in, the £30m is for a club that, well managed, has the potential and facilities to reach and thrive in the PL, a club which has an existing fan base of 20k and stadium capacity for a fan base of more than that. With the academy thrown in 

how is that ‘effectively nothing’ ?