The Administration Thread

Boycie

39 minutes ago, The_Sheriff said:

Actions will speak louder then words.

a lot of noise by CK I just hope there is genuine substance.

Being totally honest i have 2 concerns:

-Does he actually have the wealth required?
- What’s with the lack of professionalism by constantly engaging with everyone on twitter.  

I sound like one chop here! Truth is I am just desperate for CK to deliver on his words. 

I am not sure its lack of professionalism but just a more open and modern approach. His tweets since announcement have been professional and informative just tweets not typed up headed waffle saying either things will happen imminently or we want the best for derby and its fans (while obviously purposely screwing them over) or I am the best chairman ever and they cheated and if it wasnt for them I would be at a champions league match tonight. I know which I prefer. If he doesnt back it up he deserves all the poo he will get though!!

16 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Are there any Boffins who know a breakdown of what is owed? How much we have to pay in full and how much we don’t have to pay the full amount? 

No because we don't know the agreement with HMRC and we don't know if there is outstanding money on transfers. There re rumors but there was a rumor that the EFL held TV money and outgoing transfers to pay in coming transfers. So any number will be speculation which is normal in here!

3 hours ago, NimonicRam said:

I don't think this is good news at all.  If our new chairman is loaded why don't we just pay 25p in the pound and be done with it.  35p in the pound over 3 years sounds like kicking the can down the road.  There is only one reason (as I see it you would do that).... you don't have the money.  People will come back and say this may allow CK to invest in the squad earlier on..... 

it is all in the wording .. it could easily mean 25 now and the balance of 10% over the next 3 years ? 

I still have my doubts about CK, he's too loud for my liking and comes across unprofessional with his comments on social media. It's just not the British way of doing things, you wouldn't see the Queen leaning out of the window at Buck House telling the tourists to keep the noise down would you ?

love him or loath him at least Mel has kept a dignified silence whilst simultaneously running the club to near extinction. Will we survive?. I still don't think we will.

1 hour ago, Ramos said:

I think as he is a 34 year old - engaging via Twitter is probably something we will start to see from business owners of coming generations. Tech is just what we and the generations to come are now used to.

I see to an extent why people feel communicating over Twitter is odd and not ‘professional’ but it’s clear he wants to control the information being put out and has witnessed throughout his bid to buy a club in England how the narrative is spun if those actually involved don’t speak out. Since he’s been active since Friday on Twitter it’s been almost impossible for journalists to make up stories for the sun and the daily Mail. 

We will definitely see more of this in future. One of the reasons Tesla spends so little on advertising is that Elon Musk is so active in (self-)promotion. Doing social media well is surprisingly difficult and the ones who do best are the ones to whom it comes naturally. 

Anyway I AM NOT SAYING CK IS ELON MUSK

7 minutes ago, one_chop said:

I still have my doubts about CK, he's too loud for my liking and comes across unprofessional with his comments on social media. It's just not the British way of doing things, you wouldn't see the Queen leaning out of the window at Buck House telling the tourists to keep the noise down would you ?

love him or loath him at least Mel has kept a dignified silence whilst simultaneously running the club to near extinction. Will we survive?. I still don't think we will.

For Christ's sake! Just need you to say BJ deserves a break for a full house.

Edited by Grumpy Git

12 minutes ago, one_chop said:

Shudduppa your face Mr Attention-Seeker……

13 minutes ago, one_chop said:

I’m convinced now…. You are Mel Morris or Mel Morris’ mother. 

10 minutes ago, one_chop said:

What the....... "at least Mel has kept a dignified silence whilst simultaneously running the club to near extinction."  That's ok then. Well he didnt keep a dignified silence at the start did he and always on Talk Sport etc and was always extremely arrogant which created a lot of the hate and agenda towards the club. Then the whinge "woe is me" interview with radio derby and the narcissistic statement announcing his accord with Gibson. How is that anything close to a dignified silence? Really hope your post was ironic

1 hour ago, Malty said:

Anyone know what the extra 10% is worth? 

If 15 points sends us down to league 2 at the end of next season then it could be a worthwhile investment, assuming someone can pay it!

It depends how much the debt is.  Say, for example, the debt is £30m then 25p in the pound is £7.5m and 35p in the pound £10.5m.  A difference of £3m.  That will alter as the debt grows, or falls, over the next 3 years, if he takes the 35p option.

It's good that he is exploring his options at this stage and, by doing so developing a working relationship with the EFL.  Exploring the delayed payment v points option doesn't mean he doesn't have 25p in the pound now or stop him from paying off some of the debt when/if he takes over, but that he wants to know what would happen if he followed the 35p course.  Helps him make a better decision for us; might make more money available for investment in players or elsewhere.

The 35p option also has other advantages - creditors will get more (albeit in 3 years time, or sooner); it gives the club breathing space - two seasons at least to reinvigorate a squad and the behind scenes staff and Academy; it gives us two seasons to mount a proper promotion campaign to rebuild the fanbase after what will probably be a dip next year in attendances unless we stay up; get sponsors sorted and maybe even the ownership of the ground.  It allows for him to set up borrowing to pay the creditors that is affordable, even without the ground.  If we can get promoted (from L1 or the Championship) in that time then it will be easier still.  Being in debt is not the problem (anyone with a mortgage is in debt), the problem is not being able to meet the requirements for paying the debt.  If you can't do it then you're in trouble

31 minutes ago, one_chop said:

Enough already. 

38 minutes ago, one_chop said:

I haven't blocked anyone before...so I will choose to believe you are creating an ironic, sardonic, suicidal character, that I can now enjoy.

What happened to @Owd miner?

2 hours ago, IslandExile said:

I don't have a problem with that - after all they are the club's debts, even if the previous owner allowed them to get out of hand.

Isn't it Manchester United where the American owners had the club borrow the money for them to buy the club - something whacky like that?

That’s how Burnley’s new owners funded their takeover too

50 minutes ago, one_chop said:

You didn't hear that the queen had put in a bid for dcfc either....