The Administration Thread

Boycie

25 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well for me just call afc derby county

But I still think take can still be done but I think park of the deal should be were mel force to cough up and pay the money he owes.

Or plan b can derby get a high court order against mel and said debt people to his doors.

Well why not seen on tv been done enough on it.

Hopefully all the speculation is just that and without anything too concrete in it. If Morris' demands are holding up the sale then this could become a major stumbling block you would think. Hopefully a deal can be arranged before the end of the season so even if we end up with a 15 point penalty we can strategize for next year. If that doesn't happen, I could easily see us with a handful of players, no manager, and beginning on -15.  That would surely be an absolute disaster we have to avoid. 

7 minutes ago, rsmini said:

Wigan seem to be doing very well with a new owner in place. Fingers crossed this will be us in 12 months 

Trying to figure out why he has a Rwandan flag in his handle when it mentions nothing about Rwanda in his profile... ? 

On 29/03/2022 at 09:56, Oldben said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/concerning-fresh-reports-on-derby-county-takeover-situation-and-future-points-deduction-emerge/

Nixon claims that none of the bids made reach the numbers needed financially and that finding a buyer is proving harder than ever.

Additionally, Nixon has reported that the chances of avoiding an EFL points deduction for next season now look slim.

As per The Telegraph’s John Percy, a points deduction may be applied if the bids don’t meet EFL insolvency regulations.

Beyond Words

Derby County’s administrators Quantuma have not picked a preferred bidder to take to the EFL for approval as it was previously suggested they would over the weekend, according to journalist Alan Nixon.

On Friday, Quantuma outlined the process they expected to follow in order to publicly name a preferred bidder.

In a statement, they revealed that final bids had to be in by close of business on Friday and would then be assessed over the weekend.

A decision would then be made over the preferred bidder and they would seek EFL approval in discussions early this week before publicly naming them.

According to Nixon, however, the administrators have not yet picked a preferred bidder as they claimed they would.

He claims that none of the bids made reach the numbers needed financially and that finding a buyer is proving harder than ever.

Additionally, Nixon has reported that the chances of avoiding an EFL points deduction for next season now look slim.

As per The Telegraph’s John Percy, a points deduction may be applied if the bids don’t meet EFL insolvency regulations.

The Verdict

This is a very concerning update on the Derby situation.

The new timelines outlined by the administrators on Friday looked to offer fresh hope that concrete progress would soon be made toward a takeover deal and the arrival of a new owner.

However, it seems Quantuma are facing continued problems and may once again not be able to stick to the timeline they revealed just a few days ago.

Supporters have become cautious when it comes to any of the timelines or claims made by the administrators and Nixon’s reports highlight just why.

It’s going to be interesting to see how the rest of the week pans out and whether a preferred bidder is indeed selected and named.

My question: How hard is it to go to the creditors and say this is what a potential buyer is willing to pay, so you can have X amount. That's not enough, ok well then you get almost nothing because the club goes into liquidation.

This isn't " a very disconcerting update". It tells us nothing we haven't known for weeks. All it tells us is that Nixon/Percy haven't had anything leaked to them yet, so they are having to re-hash old news as though it was new. That is all. It might also suggest that Qauntuma have got wise to the EFL leaks. 

That is all.

1 hour ago, Turk Thrust said:

Quite. It sounds suspiciously like a threat to me. Mods?

1 hour ago, RYRAM said:

Agree for God stakes kick him out idiot. You can't go round making threats like that. 

We all having got a clue what's going on let's just hope something is 

For transparency, I acknowledged the report but let it stand as I think @Sparkle was stating what will inevitably happen (and implying his distaste for it), rather than actually making a threat himself. 

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

2 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

This isn't " a very disconcerting update". It tells us nothing we haven't known for weeks. All it tells us is that Nixon/Percy haven't had anything leaked to them yet, so they are having to re-hash old news as though it was new. That is all. It might also suggest that Qauntuma have got wise to the EFL leaks. 

That is all.

Presumably they will have new material as didnt someone say EFL meeting?

Wonder if Quantuma have actually spoken to the EFL yet ? I have visions of them all stood at the end of the EFL driveway trying to decide who is going to knock on the door like a bunch of kids trying to decide who gets to ask mad old Mr Jones for their ball back, knowing full well that the answer will be "No !" and a lot of stick waving.

I suppose that if they had actually met then surely a hand-picked journalist or two would have blurted something out by now saying Derby are doomed/docked 150 points/relegated/other apocalyptic outcome.

I'm sure it's all in hand and going well at Quantuma. They're probably just clarifying some clarifications on unclear things that need clarity...

19 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

That is all.

You are right, it dosnt add anything new. I for one would accept the -15 points if it means we get a new owner and stability. I do of course feel for those creditors, some being small businesses that will be paid next to nothing.

i think we can build from next season and also put something in place (similar to the st Johns) where we can give something back to small local traders 

I suspect any reluctance to part with the stadium for next to nothing may be due to suspicion of any new owners intention, rather than a desire to recoup money.

Mel probably could give it away, but he'd need assurances as to what happens in the future.

For example, what if the new owners were to immediately separate the ground from the club again, and start charging a commercial level of rent? The club would be no better off than now, and the new owners could finance their initial outlay of £30m odd in 10 years of rent.

Someone earlier suggested a model of ground ownership similar to Chelsea's, where the stadium is owned by an independent fan led group, or even the City Council, maybe a similar idea could be the way forward here, although Mel would have to gift the ground to such a group.

Charge a peppercorn rent, maintenance and upkeep is on the tenant, with a dilapidation charge payable upon any new owners sale of Derby County, to prevent them letting the stadium go to rack and ruin, like Old Trafford has, for instance.

It would even be possible under such an agreement for Mel to keep ownership of the ground, subject to certain legal agreements being in place, if that was the only workable option.

7 minutes ago, Rev said:

I suspect any reluctance to part with the stadium for next to nothing may be due to suspicion of any new owners intention, rather than a desire to recoup money.

Mel probably could give it away, but he'd need assurances as to what happens in the future.

For example, what if the new owners were to immediately separate the ground from the club again, and start charging a commercial level of rent? The club would be no better off than now, and the new owners could finance their initial outlay of £30m odd in 10 years of rent.

Someone earlier suggested a model of ground ownership similar to Chelsea's, where the stadium is owned by an independent fan led group, or even the City Council, maybe a similar idea could be the way forward here, although Mel would have to gift the ground to such a group.

Charge a peppercorn rent, maintenance and upkeep is on the tenant, with a dilapidation charge payable upon any new owners sale of Derby County, to prevent them letting the stadium go to rack and ruin, like Old Trafford has, for instance.

It would even be possible under such an agreement for Mel to keep ownership of the ground, subject to certain legal agreements being in place, if that was the only workable option.

I thought the accepted wisdom was, that Morris was basically giving the ground away for free, he just wanted the money to cover the MSD loan. And despite what some people think, that *is* a club loan - it’s been used to pay player wages etc for the last couple of years, it’s not like Morris has been spending it on himself (as far as we know).

Obviously we don’t know the exact terms of the loan and Morris’s personal guarantees etc. But I imagine if the club still owned the stadium, we would be entirely on the hock for that £20m+, with no chance of Morris writing any of it off.

9 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I thought the accepted wisdom was, that Morris was basically giving the ground away for free, he just wanted the money to cover the MSD loan. And despite what some people think, that *is* a club loan - it’s been used to pay player wages etc for the last couple of years, it’s not like Morris has been spending it on himself (as far as we know).

Obviously we don’t know the exact terms of the loan and Morris’s personal guarantees etc. But I imagine if the club still owned the stadium, we would be entirely on the hock for that £20m+, with no chance of Morris writing any of it off.

We’d have been able to 25p it

Not read the article due to pay wall but I’m taking two things from this tweet at least. Percy has no update on things (either cause there is no movement or there is no leak yet) AND finally a prominent national media outlet is plainly calling out the endgame and how it needs resolving asap. It’s the most direct article heading I’ve seen thus far. Maybe it’s the start of the final pressure on all parties to resolve it. 

There is literally nothing for the buyers to buy other than the ground and place in league 1 with -15 points.

Depending on what the EFL allows the new owner to buy that could be league 2 a year later. 

There are hardly any squat assets to buy.

Does that sound like a £50million club to you for someone with no emotional attachment to DCFC?