The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, RipleyRich said:

Much of the value is relative to assets. I have no idea what Ipswich have, Stadium,  Training Facility, maybe other property and land.

Newcastle owned a lot of land prior to MA buying the club. A lot of the land was sold off and is being redeveloped.

Derby County has little in the form of assets. No Stadium, doesn't own the land at the Training Facility (leased from Locko Estate), barely any players etc

The monies being asked for the club is literally to clear debt. The club has little or no value in the grand scheme of things. Any buyer needs the Stadium to try and make the figures stack up in terms of payback.

Obviously the revenue that can be generated from matchdays and other usage. I know that just a few years ago, the club income included over £1m a year from the Renewable Heat Incentive for using Biomass Heating at the Stadium (and at Moor Farm). Who gets that revenue now?

How much land around the Stadium is owned by the Stadium owner? How much of that could be sold and redeveloped?

The Stadium is critical to the clubs value going forward and therefore to a sale so far as I can see.

They sold a big chunk of that to JJB sports last time they were in the poo.  The car park belonged to the club. 

If the club was "worth" £50million we wouldn't be in this mess. The administrators wouldn't be squeezing the small number of interested parties for every penny, and we wouldn't all be pleading with Morris to do the right thing and soak up a £20million loss.

How much other clubs have sold for isn't really relevant: different circumstances, different short and long term prospects, different reasons for buyers having an interest, different assets.

Read the market: we aren't worth £50million. The consensus seems to be we are worth about £30million - and that's if you include a stadium which we were assured was worth upwards of £80million.

Morris needs to understand this isn't a negotiation - it's a request for him to cough up a very large sum in order to gift the stadium and stop the club he claims to love slipping into oblivion, because of his own recklessness. 

Perhaps he won't (or can't) do that, but let's at least have some honesty. If the club goes bust no one is going to pat him on the back for his tough negotiating skills and tell him "You were right to walk away, the club was worth so much more than bidders were offering!" They'll be no club, devastated fans, and he'll still owe MSD £20million.

1 hour ago, eccles the ram said:

Mel Morris - For the love of God man! This Friday do the RIGHT thing and give us back our THEATRE OF DREAMS! You are breaking the hearts of 1000s of us! DO THE RIGHT THING!! UTR

This Exactly!! As I've said before this all seems to hinge on Pride Park ...Morris need to do the right thing and let it go!!! ffs   

I don't care if he loses money...do the right thing write it off as a loss and hand it over to the PB ....I cannot believe this absolute club wrecker is holding cards to our future when he is responsible for putting us in this mess!!

His tenure will only be seen as a disaster and has put all Derby County Fans through the ringer for a long time now...now do the right thing and bog off and never come back! grrrrrrrrrrr?

3 hours ago, rammieib said:

The Daily Mail article tells me the exact same thing we’ve all known about for about three months!!!

MM takes a hit which he doesn’t seem to want to do yet or we start next season with minus 15, something Im not interested in either of a new owner thinks that’s a good way to engage with a fan base.

The bidders won't be overly concerned about engaging with the fan base if it costs them money to avoid the - 15 points,as many have pointed out so long as the club is saved they will keep going. 

1 hour ago, vonwright said:

Perhaps he won't (or can't) do that, but let's at least have some honesty. If the club goes bust no one is going to pat him on the back for his tough negotiating skills and tell him "You were right to walk away, the club was worth so much more than bidders were offering!" They'll be no club, devastated fans, and he'll still owe MSD £20million.

Why start now?

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Blindingly obvious any buyer wants some equity if they are paying £30 million for 5 contracted players so the ground has to be balanced into that fee MM made this mess and only MM can sort it out - if he had not put us into Administration he probably could have sold the club with the stadium as a championship club to the likes of your Ashley or Appleby. MM mistakes put us in this position yet us supporters get to be the main ones suffering, sort it out MM or things start getting very difficult for you I suspect in so many ways that I don’t wish to even think about. 

What a ridiculous comment,why, what is going to happen?  I know tensions are high and nerves are fraught but really.....

As has been said before, if the sticking point really is MM and his stadium demands, then we really need to start looking at other options. Leave MM with a 34,000 all-seater stadium with nothing happening in it and approach Stoke or Leicester for a temporary ground share. It'd be sad to not be playing in Derby, but the club needs to survive.