The Administration Thread

Boycie

23 minutes ago, Curtains said:

What does this actually mean mate 

I assume he paid MM not MSD 

Cheap bargain from Mel then !

The long explanation:

Previously, Pride Park Stadium was owned by Gellaw Newco 202, which in turn was controlled by Gellaw Newco 204 (Mel). Neither of which were in administration.

Now, Gellaw Newco 202 is owned by Totem Newco (Clowes). Pride Park still belongs to 202. While Mel (Newco 204) got the money, he will essentially send that money to MSD - as the MSD loan is charged against 204.

In non-business terms, it's almost as if the house (£80m) hasn't been bought, he's bought the mortgage for what's already been paid off (c£23m).

NB: not an accountant, and it's a bit of a scuffed analogy.

Edited by Animal is a Ram

56 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Good effort, but doesn't quite fit.  Needs a tweak... If I may be so bold...

He's checked the contract
He's now checked it twice
He's gonna buy Derby
For just the right price

etc, etc...

Once it's done, we can change it for the terraces...

He checked the contract
He then named his price
He bought Derby County
For just the right price
Daaaaaaaavid Clowes has come in, to town.

Daaaaaaaavid Clowes has come in to town
Daaaaaaaavid Clowes has come in to town
David Clowes has come in, to town

We danced under Morris
When Frank Lampard was the one
We danced past Dirty Leeds
Over the Forest scum
But we came down from heaven
When the Morris bubble burst
And in the end
We came off worst

Clowes, Clowes, Wherever you may be
You've saved the good name of Derby County
And you'll lead us all, wherever that may be
Even if it's in Division 3

We danced under Rooney
Though we knew it couldn't last
f*** the EFL
And that Stevie Gibson t***
Now we're back on level footing
No more crawling in the dirt
We are Derby County
And we'll finish 1st

Clowes, Clowes, Wherever you may be
You've saved the good name of Derby County
And you'll lead us all, wherever that may be
Even if it's in Division 3

... OH SHUT UP AT LEAST I TRIED! ?

Edited by Coconut's Beard

16 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

If it’s one of Forest, Leeds, Middlesboro, Wycombe or Bristol City I’ll shed no tears.

It would be difficult to muster much sympathy, I agree. Bristol MUST be on the 'likely' list, they are a bit of a busted flush.

20 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

If it’s one of Forest, Leeds, Middlesboro, Wycombe or Bristol City I’ll shed no tears.

I wouldn't wish what we've gone through on any fan, but after the vitriol we've had from a surprisingly large section of fans from these clubs, and are still getting in some quarters on Twitter, I'd love to see them suffer.....just a bit.  And yes, I know it's not their whole fan base.  I genuinely wouldn't want any club to fold, regardless, but a taste of what we've suffered would sit fine with me.   

16 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

And Boro and WW ?

- Boro fans have to support Boro, live in Middlesbrough and are possibly all from the same Gene-pool as Steve Bamford Gibson

- Wycombe fans have to endure an owner and a manager who think they should be Woodstock roadies in 1969. They also will never experience being a decent football club with notoriety or fame. I think they have and will suffer enough sub-mediocre obscurity for all 72 EFL clubs combined. That said, I've never met a fan, so have no positive, nor negative feelings towards the fanbase.

Stoke on the other hand, almost all their fans can sit on Cacti as far as I am concerned.

3 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

I wouldn't wish what we've gone through on any fan, but after the vitriol we've had from a surprisingly large section of fans from these clubs, and are still getting in some quarters on Twitter, I'd love to see them suffer.....just a bit.  And yes, I know it's not their whole fan base.  I genuinely wouldn't want any club to fold, regardless, but a taste of what we've suffered would sit fine with me.   

My view on this, rather than “I wouldn’t want other fans to go through this”, is that perhaps “All other fans should go through this”. It’s the only way everyone will understand, and stop throwing around ridiculous statements about loving other clubs to go bust. I wouldn’t want any other club to go bust, not really, not even those listed above, but a lot of fans from each of those could do with a cold hard dose of reality and humility.

19 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Not even Stoke? They deserve some pain surely! 

No. Every club has its d******** (we've more than most!) but the vast majority of fans are just like us, no choice but to follow their team through thick and thin.

I might laugh at certain clubs losing but I would never wish any club to go out of business.

28 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

I'd add Birmingham for their fans' behaviour at PPS last season.

Massive problems of their own, protesting about their owner etc yet still (en-masse) sing the song about us dying, then at the end of the game start throwing things (including a metal e-cig which could have caused serious damage) at us.

Absolute scum. Peaky blinder wannabe t****.

21 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

And Boro and WW ?

As much as I dislike the owners of the clubs, I agree with Angie. It's not something I'd even wish on forest or their fans. No club should be dragged what we have been through with the threat of liquidation very real.