The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Have just been to a work drinks thing and was talking about Derby (as had to explain about refreshing phone!) and someone said "well at least the EFL have been good to Derby". And he was serious ??? Had to move groups

You would've been fully entitled to deliver a short arm jab to the throat.

2 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

OK having attended many closings on deals like this, this is what happens,

1. The closing will take place at a lawyers office

2. All the documents to be signed are laid out on a big table typically 20ft x 8ft 

3. Most documents run to many pages in many cases up to 50-60 pages each document, each page has to be read and signed and then countersigned by a witness , typically the lawyer handling the transaction.

4. All of this takes many hours, I have completed S+P agreements at 4.00am having started before lunch the previous day.

5. Only when all is signed does the money get transferred, as there is a charge holder , MSD then they will have their legal team there too.  

I do not expect the deal to be completed today.

For this sort of legalese nonsense, I love the idea of slipping something fun in, say halfway down p.48, such as "and we hereby state that Roy McFarland is the greatest centre half to have ever lived"  to see if anyone does actually read it. But if anyone did actually find that then the documents would have to be printed again and everyone would read even more carefully next time, so maybe best not to?

12 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Don’t think these admin have every understood the practice of under promise over deliver.

In my business I always give my client a date that gives me breathing space for example if I’m told it will be done in 5 days, I tell my clients 10. 

Sounds like a Viz Top Tip.

Save money on buying personalised number plates by simply changing your name to your existing car registration.

Mr YE59 YLY

20 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I'm confident of the Clowes deal going through.

I'm anxiously awaiting news of contract renewals and new signings.

Trouble is, it could be Quantuma renewing their stint at PPS - and also drafting in more contracted admin staff :-o

Only kidding! I expect all will be sorted tomorrow....honest!

31 minutes ago, Curtains said:

People are worried mate because of all the false dawns .

Doesn’t matter how much you tell them it’s only reasonable to be cautious because of all the problems in the past .

We all hope it happens soon .

But forget the false dawns. Is anyone really doubting this guy? I mean really? He’s one of us, he sits in the stand he parks up and walks to the game, people who didn’t know who he is now know him, something he will probably need some serious adjusting to, he’s not going to sacrifice almost anonymity to bail out.