The Administration Thread

Boycie

5 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Had to do a CTRL + F for "Disappointed" to make doubly sure it wasn't in there.  Still love the fact they felt obliged to mention they'd had daily meetings with Q over the past two weeks as if to imply they were instrumental in this.  They can never just tell us the facts, there's always some little dig or "look at us, aren't we great" message in there.   

Obviously, it's been a very difficult situation for the EFL, punishing derby enough to not be sued by Gibson, punishing derby enough to feel like a big man, but then realising derby going busy would be a really bad thing.

Poor EFL......

1 hour ago, Topram said:

With Clowse bidding today do we think he’s probably already got a price sorted or do we think others may now bid also just for the club?

If he wants the club he now holds all the Aces. He can refuse to sell the stadium and demand a level of stadium rent that would make any other bid unviable. He's the master of his own destiny if he chooses to be.

30 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Typical garbage by EFL. Sale of PPS has been a significant challenge? No it hasn't. Boro claim that EFL supported.. now that was a significant challenge. Sale of PPS  was agreed prior to CK dropping out. Clowes loan and possible bid is another major factor which they don't really cover.

Oh and I see they are now doing checks on source of funding. Shame they didn't do that with CK.

6 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

If he wants the club he now holds all the Aces. He can refuse to sell the stadium and demand a level of stadium rent that would make any other bid unviable. He's the master of his own destiny if he chooses to be.

You mean DC is pulling the strings?

3 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I think they wanted us to be relegated, to make an example of us but to be honest I don't think they wanted us liquidated

Rick Parry certainly wanted us relegated. Back in January, in answer to a fan on Twitter Parry tweeted "Derby deserve to be relegated" before hastily deleting it when he realised his own stupidity by posting it in the first place.

5 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Rick Parry certainly wanted us relegated. Back in January, in answer to a fan on Twitter Parry tweeted "Derby deserve to be relegated" before hastily deleting it when he realised his own stupidity by posting it in the first place.

I don't think he is on twitter is he? But he certainly said some stupid things in his replies to Rams fans emails. And there is no doubt EFL tried to get us relegated the year before, like Sheff Wed. Sadly like with Sheff Wed they got their way second time around. 

Makes me vomit how the EFL now want to appear so involved and proactive, after royally shafting the club in any way they sought, to appease parasites and frustrate progress, for months on end.

When the takeover has been confirmed and the EFL finally issue their glorious self-regarding confirmation, they can royally phuck off and properly scrutinise all the other Championship clubs that are deep in debt and apply their 'rules' just as rigorously.

7 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Typical garbage by EFL. Sale of PPS has been a significant challenge? No it hasn't. Boro claim that EFL supported.. now that was a significant challenge. Sale of PPS  was agreed prior to CK dropping out. Clowes loan and possible bid is another major factor which they don't really cover.

Oh and I see they are now doing checks on source of funding. Shame they didn't do that with CK.

I get that the EFL are rubbish, along with Q, but there is some truth in that statement, which they do state is in relation to Clowes acquiring the stadium. The sale of Pride Park was a challenge, it was owned separately by Mel Morris and he wouldn’t budge on the price due to the MSD debts, it was a potential deterrent to other bidders and definitely a complication to the clubs future as we had to prove to the EFL we had somewhere to play home fixtures.
Clowes acquisition of the stadium removes those barriers and puts him in a good position to take the club on himself or to facilitate a smoother transition to another owner (lease deal on the ground or selling it for a fee he’s happy with rather than the specific MSD/Mel set in stone figure though you’d assume that equals a loss of money so can’t see it happening, no one is that saintly.)

What I want to see in an EFL statement is some clarity around the immediate future, can we sign players? Are we able to extend contracts? Enough posturing and self congratulation, give us fans some hope and clarity. 

I think this is looking like the most positive stage of our administration so far. Maybe just behind the day or two between Kirchner proclaiming himself the saviour of Derby County on Twitter and that pesky Jubilee Bank Holiday.

What gives me the most hope is the EFL (no, stick with me, you’ll see where I’m going). For the first time in a long, long time, we’ve actually had a positive statement from them. I was expecting a shitty little dig from them when the fixtures were announced. Some kind of alternative fixture list, a warning to Oxford fans that if they’re planning to stay in Derby for the first game, make sure it’s refundable.

When that didn’t happen, and it was just a plain old ‘this is who you’re playing’, then it seemed like there was some kind of movement. It turns out that the stadium and the loan for the season was sorted before this, hence the EFL just about being able to refrain from doing what they do best and rubbing salt in our wounds.

Throughout the process we’ve been told X, Y & Z have been obstacles, and they need sorting first. It seems like the stadium was the final thing to sort, so I really hope we finally get to do what Quantuma said many moons ago, and be pleasantly surprised by how fast things move now.

Edited by Kernow

7 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

You mean DC is pulling the strings?

He's very much in control as was Mel Morris until last Friday. The difference between him and Morris is that he is a true fan who has acted to rescue us from our perilous position. He is a man of integrity who I am sure will act in the best interest of Derby County. Through what he has done for us he has earned the right to make his own decisions now.

Over the past few months Pete you have been pushed to the brink of despair at times by the horrors of this insolvency. David Clowes is on the brink of delivering what you have been craving for. What ever strings he now chooses to pull, I think he has earned our trust to pull the right ones.

5 minutes ago, Woodypecker said:

Makes me vomit how the EFL now want to appear so involved and proactive, after royally shafting the club in any way they sought, to appease parasites and frustrate progress, for months on end.

When the takeover has been confirmed and the EFL finally issue their glorious self-regarding confirmation, they can royally phuck off and properly scrutinise all the other Championship clubs that are deep in debt and apply their 'rules' just as rigorously.

I really hope the EFL gets removed and a new organisation put in place. Still no sign of salary controls, easy to understand FFP rules, removal of parachute payments, changes to how young player sales are made etc. The whole thing is still rotten and not fit for purpose, particularly in the championship.