The Administration Thread

Boycie

OK folks but don't shoot the messenger.

I've just taken a phone call from a friend who's just told me that David Clowes has purchased the Stadium from MM, And is now in discussions to buy DCFC, The talks have to conclude shortly and I understand that DCs close friend David Dickinsonimage.png.de77b75e7bbb7ccf5a7595862d45fd91.pnghas joined him in this new venture, I hope this is true and not another false dawn 

11 minutes ago, Carnero said:

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that he's stepped forward in order to untangle this messy web of Administration/Quantuma/Morris with the intention of just getting things moving in the right direction on & off the field, reuniting the club & stadium, with a view to selling on to Appleby Group / Ashley / Morgan / Other within 12 months, if they represent a better opportunity for the club to progress.

I learned 10 minutes ago from someone who I trust as reliable and who is well placed on the fringe of all of this, that there are ongoing negotiations between David Clowes and Andy Appleby as to joint investment in the club but Clowes is leading his own bid. If Clowes acquires it, it could quickly become a partnership with Appleby bringing in his experience of the football world. Sounds sensible I think.

10 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

But if the others then don't outbid him then he's stuck with a football club that you don't think he's mad keen to buy, Kevin.

Yep. Looks like that’s about the sum of it. And as things stand I think we should be grateful 

My Dad was a contractor and always said he thought Charlie Clowes was a decent guy. Not sure whether he knew DC but there’s every indication that - just as Charlie did before him - DC is stepping in for the benefit of the club in our hour of need 

There’s a decent chance he’ll make some money out of it. I don’t think that’s what’s driving him, but I hope he does 

Edited by kevinhectoring

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Does Clowes buying the stadium put Ashley completely out of the picture? I understand he is only interested in buying the club if the stadium is part of the deal, so unless Clowes is willing to sell it immediately (which wouldn't make much sense) then Ashley has missed the boat.

Who cares

13 minutes ago, Topram said:

With a bid going in today how long do we reckon it’ll take to go through? A few weeks? Can we re sign players?

He’s already doing the owners and directors test. Being local that will be quick and then he just has to transfer the money over so could be done next week. Being derby bring on Monday when the anti money laundering checks surface again ??

I'm going to miss you guys once this thread is wrapped up.

Surely @Boycie wins "Thread of the Year". Or to give it it's full title "The Codezero Award for Most Interactive Topic".

Can we now start a petition to award David Clowes Freedom of the City.

Honourable mentions to both @Curtainsand @RoyMac5for their relentless endeavours in this thread. 

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I didn't realise how much this was affecting me. I was convinced I wasn't that bothered. I've lost my grandmother last week and have other issues and thought there were more important things in life.

I'm not too ashamed or masculine to admit that after reading those Clowes press release snippets on Twitter, I realised my eyes had welled-up a little and I have let out a massive sigh. I now want to have a celebratory drink and put this nightmare behind me.

I am however realistic enough to know that the football side could well be a struggle for a few years, and I have no expectations, but to know that my home-city club, a club I followed home and away for most of my adult life, a club that I committed thousands of pounds to over the years, a club that has made me laugh, smile, groan and sob, will continue to exist means a lot to me personally.

Cheers boys and girls.

Firstly, and most importantly, sorry to hear about your grandmother. Sending best wishes to you and your family. 

Secondly, I was exactly the same. I believe this whole saga has taken a massive toll on the fan base, possibly more than we’d ever know. Constantly checking on here for updates as well as other social media outlets. False dawns, the lowest of the low points. 

I said earlier this year that Derby County should be the source of release for its fans. A happy place where we can go and forget our daily battles and for 90mins on a Saturday afternoon just enjoy watching our team play. Since admin and even more so since the end of the season this hasn’t been the case, infact it has been the polar opposite. The anxiety and stress that we have had to endure through the issues and fear of liquidation on top of any other factors going on has been a nightmare. 

One glimmer of light that has come out of this is how the fans have stood shoulder to shoulder with each other and the club, the way this forum has helped members through this whole mess. 

I do hope this is rock bottom and we can now move forward and get back to enjoying just been football fans. 

????

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I'm going to miss you guys once this thread is wrapped up.

Surely @Boycie wins "Thread of the Year". Or to give it it's full title "The Codezero Award for Most Interactive Topic".

Can we now start a petition to award David Clowes Freedom of the City.

Honourable mentions to both @Curtainsand @RoyMac5for their relentless endeavours in this thread. 

And Nixon

image.png.c69e499bcf20d615560600967a43ea2c.png