The Administration Thread

Boycie

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Maybe he wants to make sure his bid is given a chance - after all if he was going to be PB...

Can't win the raffle unless you buy a ticket. Sounds like he wanted to be named PB without making a formal bid which, if true, is a bit of a bleedin' cheek. I imagine there'd only be one way his bid would have gone in those circumstances - and would that have been enough to keep us in the league? 

Just now, Crewton said:

Can't win the raffle unless you buy a ticket. Sounds like he wanted to be named PB without making a formal bid which, if true, is a bit of a bleedin' cheek. I imagine there'd only be one way his bid would have gone in those circumstances - and would that have been enough to keep us in the league? 

Did CK bid before being made PB? But anyway being made PB meant you got to examine the books in detail didn't it? You'd not bid before then would you?

Considering it was only a few days ago that the tire (sic) kicker pulled out, it’s actually quite impressive how quickly the interested parties are moving if Percy is correct.

It sounds like three conventional bids with Ashley trying to bend the process to his will in the background!

"It is claimed the EFL and Quantuma were so desperate to avoid the blame if the unthinkable happened and Derby went bust, that neither had the guts to call a halt to the American entrepreneur's bid to buy the Rams, despite confidence in his ability to make the initial £22M payment to close the deal draining away."

"'This is the whole problem; it was supposed to complete on May 31. It is not like it came around [quickly] and they worked until midnight on 30th… they had weeks to put that money in place,' said a businessman close to one of the parties.

'There has not been a hard deadline in any of this and that is why people keep getting away with it,' said another close observer of the negotiations.

A further call was set up for 8am the following day (June 1) but again financial close was scuppered because the funds had not landed.

In fact, Sportsmail has been told lawyers tried four times to close the deal that day. The last call was scheduled for 10pm, but they were all cancelled.

Anxiety around the missed closure calls was compounded by news that the funds promised to Derby County to pay wages had only arrived on the last day of the month – the last possible day before the club incurred yet another points deduction.

The BBC reported than Kirchner had been expected to pay the wages and they were but 'they have been paid by someone else close to the club'. "

Edited by RoyMac5

This has the makings of a Netflix Blockbuster.

Roy quoted a post of mine today concerning the Co-op being unethical, I replied a lot of banks back in the day and maybe even now are unethical.

Well well well, It would appear that with MA threatening legal action against Q you could lump Administrators in the equation of being unethical, Tell a bidder he's got PB status, Tell bidder that the EFL will be informed, Tell other bidders and hope they up their price=more bang for your buck.

If this is true someone somewhere will be practicing for the next Olympic high jump event...they're going to need it.

So we have the Appleby consortium with just over £40 mill on the table versus Mike 'I've got £28 mill in a bank account ready to go' Ashley. Two other bidders allegedly sit in the wings. Both Appleby and Fat Mike want the stadium but only one wants to pay Quantuma's fees and the other is suing them for not affording him PB status despite lodging the lowest bid they received.

Tough call ?

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

If Mike Ashley is so desperate to be our owner, why doesn't he just put in a bid that makes him the highest bidder. He is probably the richest man in the process so quit f***ing about.

I would imagine that this is designed to make it impossible for quantuma to accept any bids until this is settled, thus putting off all other bidders, leaving him a free run to get it for cheap. 

In my opinion putting Derby fans through further delays and worry will just mean that he will be roundly disliked before he's even walked through the door, and it's hard to imagine he will be left with anything more than a shell of a football club.

He may at that point give himself a massive pat on the back for driving a hard bargain but I'm not sure that more than handful of Rams fans will share his enthusiasm.

20 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

Has he ever made an actual bid as most commentators claim he has not. This sell it to him or he will sue does not sit well with me for our new owner. If he really wants us what about putting in a bid and while you are at it make it the highest bid and you will get to buy DCFC 

Would be strange to sue someone for not making you preferred bidder if you hadn’t made a bid! 

16 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"Legal documents allege that Ashley's group, MASH, were told they were named as preferred bidders in January and it is claimed Jackson failed to inform the Football League, despite insisting he would."

Well I suppose they could be done in crayon and not admissible.

Isn’t this referring to the legal documents MASH have submitted as their grievance - alleging wrongdoing. That’s not the same as them having documents from the time that prove the allegation that they’re submitting as evidence. 

But but but… Quantuma aren’t dodgy at all, so @Coconut's Beard tells us.

This whole process has been a disgrace. I don’t like Mike Ashley, but good on him for going after Quantuma. Whoever regulates administrators needs to remove their license ASAP, maybe even replace them with another group before here before they do any more damage. Appear to be serving their own interests, over those of the clubs future. God knows what his football club did to deserve both the scumbag Mel Morris and then these crooks. 

At least there is some good news in there at the value of Appleby’s bid. That seems to be enough to pay the creditors the required amount to avoid a points deduction, and get the stadium back. Arguably a better deal from our perspective than Kirchner offered. Saving money on stadium rent will be a big plus for the club long into the future. Ashley needs to stop being so tight, and at least match that offer if he wants the club. I’d give him a deadline of tomorrow to do so, we cannot f*** around any longer.

11 minutes ago, inter politics said:

Ashley can p*** off with his s***house tactics. We need a respectful custodian to own this great club.

That should go on your tombstone inter...with respect...didn't we all think we had one?

Do you think for one nano second MA would have dealt with that loon at Boro concerning a pay off, Give me someone who fights for what he believes in and not bale out when you've already stirred the shyte as the last owner of "this great club"

Team Ashley have been busy.

If Quantuma did something wrong in January to Ashley, then, that is on them and very bad - but they also handed Ashely a card to play and he's playing it. It could be frivolous, it could have "some" weight - I guess we'll see in the coming days.

Strikes me as manouvers to force a position where he can bid what he wants without competing with the other bidders.

Oh well, on the hand it's reassuring Ashley does want to buy us. On the other, it's not going to be a pretty deal for anyone involved.