The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, TuffLuff said:

There is a Rams Review interview with Andy Appleby probably from a year ago saying he wasn’t interested in buying Derby at the time but was setting up a business with the intention of buying failing sports teams and turning them round. I’ll link it (if I was Rams Review I’d currently be ramming it down everyone’s neck) on a separate post in a minute 

Yeah, I think that's a pretty succinct description of where we are!

5 minutes ago, rsmini said:

Andy Appleby did a brilliant interview, it’s on you tube somewhere, about owning a football club. He comes over really well, and says how much his wife loved their time in Derby. 

id be quite happy for him to come to back. He might just settle everything down for a bit. 

I have mentioned Mrs Appleby would not let us go out of business before based on that interview. Never underestimate the power of constant nagging from a wife

7 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

My grandma rubbed chip fat on my granddad’s back. Afterwards, he went downhill really fast. ?

Ahhh you remember chip fat, When there was nowt else left in the pantry in the 60s and you'd make do with a poor mans dripping sandwich with salt, No fridge of freezer in them days, Liquid in the summer solid fat in the winter, All on the...Thrall ?  

15 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I disagree, I believe we got competitive when Sam Rush saw fit to bring McClaren in. Had they stuck and not cashed in post Wembley 2014, I'd like to think we'd not be anywhere near where we are now.

Mel Morris was one of the investors at that point, I believe, with him going a long way to funding the likes of Wisdom, Thorne, Bamford - maybe even Russell. I'm not sure. I can't remember the exact date when he came in to help fund GSE, but do remember a story about him being on a conference call with a number of other parties discussing how they needed X amount to secure a loan signing. 

6 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Mel Morris was one of the investors at that point, I believe, with him going a long way to funding the likes of Wisdom, Thorne, Bamford - maybe even Russell. I'm not sure. I can't remember the exact date when he came in to help fund GSE, but do remember a story about him being on a conference call with a number of other parties discussing how they needed X amount to secure a loan signing. 

at that time though, Wisdom was cheaper than Smith from Spurs to loan. Bamford was still a cheap kid, and I think the original Thorne loan deal was really cheap to get him fit. But that's not me disagreeing with you. Loans were part of the GSE model throughout.

Appleby's tenure was not a success and we were not run in a fiscally prudent way, here are the numbers

2008 a year when we received a parachute payment - Profit of £1.76million

2009  Loss of £14.9 million

2010 Loss of £2.16 million

2011 Loss of £7.67 million

2012 Loss of £7.93 million

2013 Loss of £7.06 million

2014 Loss of £7.04 million

2015 Loss of £10.06 million

So in total during Appleby's leadership there were cumulative losses of £55 million, how is that the best financial health of the Rams in the modern era?

GSE pulled out because they wouldn't or couldn't keep bank rolling the losses and if El Presidente Sam Rush, (who sacked the manager who reduced the payroll by over 60% and signed some outstanding players for peanuts) ever gets near the club again he would probably complete the destruction of the club.

History always repeats itself

14 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Morris only came in a day or two before we played QPR at Wembley when he bought a 25% share of the club. He had nothing to do with building the team that got to the playoffs final. He completed a full takeover in September of the following season and things were never quite the same again and I include the Villa final in that. That day Morris was rolling his dice in the Last Chance Saloon and he lost.

5 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/former-derby-chairman-andy-appleby-115432113.html

Non-paywalled Percy article.

Morgan bid now separate to Appleby.
Appleby bid doesn't include stadium - I guess this will take over the deal that CK had with Clowes.

"Appleby's consortium General Sports Worldwide have made a renewed move to secure a takeover and are rivalling Mike Ashley and Steve Morgan in the race to save Derby from liquidation."

Is that the same lot or just a different collection of 'money'?

Plus 

"The bid is understood to be "highly competitive" and was submitted to administrators Quantuma, who are desperately searching for a buyer after American businessman Chris Kirchner pulled out of the running, in the early hours of Wednesday morning."

So are Q just waiting for other bids or what?

Edited by RoyMac5

38 minutes ago, rsmini said:

Andy Appleby did a brilliant interview, it’s on you tube somewhere, about owning a football club. He comes over really well, and says how much his wife loved their time in Derby. 

id be quite happy for him to come to back. He might just settle everything down for a bit. 

I believe it will be this? 

It’s probably what I’m misremembering too and thinking it was on a podcast (apologies rams review!).

Not had chance to rewatch it though 

4 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Things are clearly moving now. Not been told much only it’s very much focussed now on a conclusion with all parties starting to show their hand, and think that’s now being evidenced by some of the reports coming out. 

Hopefully we’re finally near the end of this. 

48 hours?

6 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Things are clearly moving now. Not been told much only it’s very much focussed now on a conclusion with all parties starting to show their hand, and think that’s now being evidenced by some of the reports coming out. 

Hopefully we’re finally near the end of this. 

Hope so...

going-nowhere-fast.gif

16 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Morris only came in a day or two before we played QPR at Wembley when he bought a 25% share of the club. He had nothing to do with building the team that got to the playoffs final. He completed a full takeover in September of the following season and things were never quite the same again and I include the Villa final in that. That day Morris was rolling his dice in the Last Chance Saloon and he lost.

https://amp-theguardian-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2015/sep/03/derby-mel-morris-takeover?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw%3D%3D#aoh=16552991919270&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Ffootball%2F2015%2Fsep%2F03%2Fderby-mel-morris-takeover