The Administration Thread

Boycie

5 minutes ago, Kuskus said:

Everyone keeps saying Mike Ashley buying us will result in -15 points but surely he would want us to have the best chance possible in getting promotion as he is a very good businessman. 

Exactly, MA is a businessman first and foremost. He wants to make money and having two seasons in League One or worse a season in League 1 and then another in League 2 is not good for business there is no money in these leagues. Hell, there is barely any money in the Championship but at least there is a bit more TV money.

How can so many months of feck all produce so much "behind the scenes discussions"? 

Do they all communicate by pigeon mail? 

Like, sure multi million pound deals I don't imagine you swipe your card over a reader. 

I can only imagine these behind the scenes talks are like;

I have £×××

Oh can you prove it

Yes, in 3 weeks

OK, we'll wait

Actually, I added up wrong 

OK, we'll count you out

Wait, how much was it again? I forgot

It was £×××× 

Oh, I don't want to pay that

Well, just have a think on it. 

Yeah sure. 

We'll wait. 

I'd like to pay less

Well there's other people interested. But we don't like them.

You like me?

Yes. You seem pretty straight forward. 

OK, I'm gonna save up. BRB

(How many months does it take to have a progressive conversation with serious people? Are they limited to 1 email per day?)

This was clearly inevitable and thank goodness he has gone, as we need a realistic buyer.  I would have loved him to have been real, but it was patently obvious from the middle of last week that he was not - and we need to move forward, so happy we have got over a big hurdle.  

Everything is now back on the table, which is positive.  As I said yesterday, we need a proper crunch point to force minds.  We cannot delay this anymore and should have confronted this in January; we need to face down our problems and come to a solution.  Hard choices are going to be necessary - and fifteen points is a very very small price to pay.  

Promotional pushes and stuff like that are irrelevant - even relegation again might be a necessary evil  We need to survive as a club, and L1 L2 etc don't really matter.  In three years we can worry about those things.  Today, we are contending with the sharks so our other instincts need to go on hold until we are safe and sound.  

Just now, CBX1985 said:

This was clearly inevitable and thank goodness he has gone, as we need a realistic buyer.  I would have loved him to have been real, but it was patently obvious from the middle of last week that he was not - and we need to move forward, so happy we have got over a big hurdle.  

Everything is now back on the table, which is positive.  As I said yesterday, we need a proper crunch point to force minds.  We cannot delay this anymore and should have confronted this in January; we need to face down our problems and come to a solution.  Hard choices are going to be necessary - and fifteen points is a very very small price to pay.  

Promotional pushes and stuff like that are irrelevant - even relegation again might be a necessary evil  We need to survive as a club, and L1 L2 etc don't really matter.  In three years we can worry about those things.  Today, we are contending with the sharks so our other instincts need to go on hold until we are safe and sound.  

228f84000a9259874be9f60e667ad93c.gif

The -15 points just doesn’t make sense to me.

We would lose our manager who is arguably worth millions in compensation. We would lose most if not all of our players who need a new deal and those under contract would probably have no motivation and want out. They’d end up going for free or for peanuts. Ticket sales would be down for the year losing millions.

I don’t know how much under the required amount MA is offering but surely it doesn’t financially make sense when all things considered. 

Edited by Mckram

1 minute ago, Mckram said:

We would lose our manager who is arguably worth millions in compensation. We would lose most if not all of our players who need a new deal and those under contract would probably have no motivation and want out. They’d end up going for free or for peanuts. Ticket sales would be down for the year losing millions.

I don’t know how much under the required amount MA is offering but surely it doesn’t financially make sense when all things considered. 

The manager or players staying doesn't guarentee promotion

look after the club sustainably. every penny saved will be pennies that can be put back into rebuilding the club

we got into this position in the first place chasing results. strip down, back to being sustainable please

11 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

We can easily survive -15 in L1. Then go the season after. MA would probably be okay with -15 and lose 12 months if it saves him £20m.

I wouldn’t be so sure with no real squad in place that we will survive a 15 point deduction….

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

I wouldn’t be so sure with no real squad in place that we will survive a 15 point deduction….

I think it more likely than not tbh. That being said, of course, that’s why I said “can” and not “would” ?

4 minutes ago, Mckram said:

Exactly this. Save £5m but lose more in the first 12 months including some supporters who may never return 

1 minute ago, alram said:

The manager or players staying doesn't guarentee promotion

look after the club sustainably. every penny saved will be pennies that can be put back into rebuilding the club

we got into this position in the first place chasing results. strip down, back to being sustainable please

I’m not talking about promotion. I’m talking about our assets left. Rooney walks that’s potentially what, £4m compensation if he was to leave us for another team like Lampard.

If Rooney stays then maybe some players sign a new deal and they’re assets. Without Rooney I can’t see anyone staying. 

If we do survive (please God) I can live with a minus 15 points deduction.  Rooney HAS to stay, so whoever is our owner they need to tie him down for at least two more years. With his contacts we have a better chance of fielding a team which could compete in Division 1 . You never know we could reach the playoffs!!! No I haven't been at the falling down water - ok - sorry that's a 'Kirschism '- I have had one or two!