The Administration Thread

Boycie

6 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

If he does not they wont even look at him so I think he will have little choice but for Q I think efl will say to them ashley has every right to say I want to pay you less.

I keep making the point that they will. They always do in every industry, in every pace, everywhere.

Let me put it another way.  You put a million to one bet on.  The bookie goes bust., and can't pay you a sausage  I offer you £10,000 for your betting slip that will never pay up. Do you take it? 

4 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

I keep making the point that they will. They always do in every industry, in every pace, everywhere.

Let me put it another way.  You put a million to one bet on.  The bookie goes bust., and can't pay you a sausage  I offer you £10,000 for your betting slip that will never pay up. Do you take it? 

Well I know what you are saying he will have pay 35p the pound or better 25p in the pound if ashley was smart and certainly got the money to do this.

3 hours ago, jono said:

But the floor price isn’t set UNTIL those funds clear. .. right now there isn’t a floor price. “Ostensibly” doesn’t cut it. You maybe right intheory, but but theory only becomes established fact when CK’s cash is available .. right now, it isn’t.  That’s it. 

That's true,however the creditors have been offered 35% over 3 years from Kirchner,they may take the opinion they are not prepared to budge on that,if one bidder can offer that then so can somebody else.

2 hours ago, CBX1985 said:

If we are liquidated then the players contracts revert to the EFL. When they are sold the money raised goes to paying football creditors and the administrators and if any left to other creditors. There is money there if the club folds.

7 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

All the press releases are hot air and bluster. Deal will be completed by 1pm tomorrow. CK will own the club. 

“We are delighted to hear that, following our intervention yesterday, Quantuma have now confirmed that the required funds have cleared all banking checks, and that Chris Kirchner has officially completed the takeover of Derby County. 
We acknowledge our own part in this successful outcome, and welcome all reverence now due.”

Rick and the boys. 

My interpretation of the situation as of 6.30am this morning is this:

- The EFL Statement and action suggests that the CK money is not going to arrive.

- The timescale to effect a sale will not meet with the EFL timescales.

- In order to maintain EFL membership, someone has to put in some cash to fund the season.

My biggest question is if the funding is sorted, what the hell happens re the squad and the embargo?

10 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I can see what you are saying but put yourself in the position of a small business who was relying on that contract with Derby and being paid for work undertaken. The fact Ashley can’t be arsed to consider paying even a fraction of what they are owed says a lot about the man to me ?

It’s disgusting that people can be treated this way ( I have a small business) but the fault is in a system where a man with the worth of around 500 mill ( even if it’s dropped considerably now ) can run up these debts and walk away , I don’t think it says too much about Ashley that he wants to be saddled with as little as possible of another man’s debts when buying the club and saving it from going under , even if it’s for the motive of building it up to make a long term profit , do you really believe ck or any of the other bidders are not trying to pay creditors as little as they feel they can get away with ?

not one of those bidders is buying the club for the motive that they feel the creditors have been wronged and they want to step in and do the right thing for them, certainly ck is doing the absolute least he can without incurring a points deduction which impacts on his business plan,

the creditors and derby county have been shafted by Morris we should not and can not judge people like Ashley and the others on them not wanting to pay for Morris mess ,anyone buying derby is buying another man’s debts and a business with next to no worth and assets apart from a decent fanbase which gives potential for future if run properly 

8 hours ago, Hanny said:

No, I see your position fairly clear. You are frustrated and worried the club will go under. So you are frantically grasping at whatever PR spins you see and try to connect some conspiracy theory dots. 

I am trying to focus on logical and legal contract practices…as that’s all that matters to the folks who are signing these deals.

Yes, we all want to see a deal finalized. And I believe we will. So to sit an argue semantic points of the word ostensibly- seems a wee bit silly. 

I hope you find some calm in this storm we are all in. 

Not silly at all, and I am most certainly not grasping at spin. It’s the clearest picture possible. If CK’s money had arrived on Friday it would have been done. It didn’t. Your earlier statement about a floor being established was inaccurate. 

Strangely I am calm. Sad yes, concerned yes. Dreading a lower bid that will see us with -15, yes. Hoping CK’s bid comes through, yes. Not playing with semantics though. You seem to be certain that an uncertainty isn’t there, which it clearly is, or we wouldn’t all be here chewing the cud and speculating. 

6 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

That's true,however the creditors have been offered 35% over 3 years from Kirchner,they may take the opinion they are not prepared to budge on that,if one bidder can offer that then so can somebody else.

They may have to budge, or accept nothing through liquidation, if CK’s bid fails (there must have been some timescale written into the exchange of contracts) and no other offer matches it.

1 hour ago, RipleyRich said:

My interpretation of the situation as of 6.30am this morning is this:

- The EFL Statement and action suggests that the CK money is not going to arrive.

- The timescale to effect a sale will not meet with the EFL timescales.

- In order to maintain EFL membership, someone has to put in some cash to fund the season.

My biggest question is if the funding is sorted, what the hell happens re the squad and the embargo?

My interpretation of the situation as of 7.50am is that you continue to thrive on spreading pessimism and panic on this thread. When the sale is completed it will hopefully rid us of both LittleoverMel and RipleyRich.

10 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

They may have to budge, or accept nothing through liquidation, if CK’s bid fails (there must have been some timescale written into the exchange of contracts) and no other offer matches it.

It's also debatable as to whether or not 25% now has greater value to creditors than 35% over 3 years, a significant proportion of which relies on the club not suffering another financial crisis 12 months from now. 

1 hour ago, Archied said:

It’s disgusting that people can be treated this way ( I have a small business) but the fault is in a system where a man with the worth of around 500 mill ( even if it’s dropped considerably now ) can run up these debts and walk away , I don’t think it says too much about Ashley that he wants to be saddled with as little as possible of another man’s debts when buying the club and saving it from going under , even if it’s for the motive of building it up to make a long term profit , do you really believe ck or any of the other bidders are not trying to pay creditors as little as they feel they can get away with ?

not one of those bidders is buying the club for the motive that they feel the creditors have been wronged and they want to step in and do the right thing for them, certainly ck is doing the absolute least he can without incurring a points deduction which impacts on his business plan,

the creditors and derby county have been shafted by Morris we should not and can not judge people like Ashley and the others on them not wanting to pay for Morris mess ,anyone buying derby is buying another man’s debts and a business with next to no worth and assets apart from a decent fanbase which gives potential for future if run properly 

True, but as part of the deal they can also potentially buy a stadium valued at £80m for somewhere around the £20m mark.