The Administration Thread

Boycie

45 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I’m not even sure that makes sense for the EFL. They’d be shafting football creditors (who would get nothing from a liquidation) and it would be a borderline impossible task for Ashley to set up a new club in time to play this season, causing chaos with fixtures etc.

I know -  I'm just trying to make sense of the implied threat from the EFL....

8 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

You seem to ignore the fact that there is an agreement to buy PPS. That will see off the mSD loan and it will bot be subject to the payment problems that CK is having. 

That only works if the new club owner is happy to have the stadium owned by a 3rd party, and the stadium purchaser is happy to work with the new owner. I certainly suspect Mike Ashley wants the stadium included, and is trying to strongarm Morris into paying some of the MSD loan off to get there.

5 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

This was @RadioactiveWaste’s list. McGuire conspicuous by his absence and Gibbo will be disappointed to only make 4th. Is ‘coughing’ covid or Couhig ? Both deserve a mention. 
I think Pearce has been making amends for being MM’s bag carrier - if he hadn’t done it he’d have been sacked and a n other would have obliged

All fair points, but I'm driving a sinister agenda for shady forces of evil. Fortunately, I can cover my tracks by only slipping partial information to selected journalists and EFL board members.

2 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

I'm assuming by Derby fans it means the drivelcore fanatics on social media platforms, not a considered consensus of those more in control of their mental faculties and possession of the capability of critical thought

Whether they've done wrong or not doesn't really seem to have any bearing on the lynch mob's level of confidence in them.

Exactly. Q inherited a pile of poo . And then had the EFL , Gibson and so on to deal with. Plus the likes of Ashley stirring up more poo. 

if I were them I would tell the EFL to do one. 

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Whilst I share your lack of confidence in CK at this point, the 3 year repayments,not including PP etc were all known. I don't think that part is new or more concerning than it already was.

*If* (lolz) his money becomes real and he is the owner you'd have to hope future payments are logistically more straightforward. Because if his money is real then we'll have to assume that the money laundering check story was real. Big IF mind. 

Well he's already not financially astute, paying too much for us! ? Whilst Nixon goes on about the deal being the least admin would accept that was because he chose not to wait for the point we are at now. But anyway I'm sure if it doesn't work out he'll be able to flip us!

13 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I stoped Reading when he said about Derby fans having no confidence in Quantuma. I am not sure what they have done wrong other than be too bullish in their statements. 

I do think they have a difficult job on their hands and have come in for some unfair criticism but, some of their early statements may suggest they didn’t have a full grasp of how difficult it might prove to be. Some of the things they couldn’t possibly have foreseen (Boro and Wycombe, CK’s round the world tour for his funds transfer for example) but perhaps they showed a degree of naivety or lack of experience that may not inspire a lot of confidence in some folk.

19 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I stoped Reading when he said about Derby fans having no confidence in Quantuma. I am not sure what they have done wrong other than be too bullish in their statements. 

It’s awkward to point out Q’s failings if the EFL must be blamed for everything 

50 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

'It's not on Derby County'.......too simplistic a view point I am afraid. He was running Derby County at the time and to separate the two like you have and say nothing to do with us guv is a bit, well, weird.........

Simple but glaringly true , what has it to do with the fans who hand over they’re money hand over fist in good faith and we’re lied to over the running and state of the club?

what has it to do with the staff and players busting a gut for the club?

the club were used , shafted and spat out , left to wither and die with the same disregard as the creditors,

this will happen time and time again as it has in the past until regulations and culpability rules are changed ,

nothing wierd in the truth

11 minutes ago, Curtains said:

'Without any improper external influences'

...but RamsTrust, oh RamsTrust, you've based your concerns about the administration process largely on improper external influences!

(Not having a go at them really, just found it an amusing turn of phrase given what kicked off this past few days' poo-storm!)

Edited by Coconut's Beard

8 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

That only works if the new club owner is happy to have the stadium owned by a 3rd party, and the stadium purchaser is happy to work with the new owner. I certainly suspect Mike Ashley wants the stadium included, and is trying to strongarm Morris into paying some of the MSD loan off to get there.

I agree with you about Ashley. But Ashley is not the only show in town even if CK a drops out. 

In any case Morris has not put a penny into the club since at least 2019 if not before. What makes Ashley think he will suddenly do so now? 

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well he's already not financially astute, paying too much for us! ? Whilst Nixon goes on about the deal being the least admin would accept that was because he chose not to wait for the point we are at now. But anyway I'm sure if it doesn't work out he'll be able to flip us!

If there’s no plan for progress and success, then any amount is too much and lacks astute reasoning. However, if we are a PL club in 5 years, its a bargain. 

1 hour ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Would you bet your life savings on that? Been told many times that a successful businessman won't pay a penny more than they need to to acquire an asset, so why is 'just under £1m' a line?

The scale of penny pinching we're talking about here already is roughly the equivalent of me refusing to buy a PS5 game at £69.99 with free next day (Sat/Sun included) delivery from Amazon because I can get it for a  £65, with £1.99 delivery and an estimated delivery between 3-5 working days from another online store. 

I did say rough!

I mean...I'd wait the 3-5 working days personally...?

2 minutes ago, Archied said:

Simple but glaringly true , what has it to do with the fans who hand over they’re money hand over fist in good faith and we’re lied to over the running and state of the club?

what has it to do with the staff and players busting a gut for the club?

the club were used , shafted and spat out , left to wither and die with the same disregard as the creditors,

this will happen time and time again as it has in the past until regulations and culpability rules are changed ,

nothing wierd in the truth

The customer is the most powerful weapon if you have something to sell, If a restaurant gets bad press customers will not go, If a shop sells the same goods at a higher price than it's competitors there's a good chance they'll just mooch along in business, If a 2nd hand car dealer has been convicted of clocking cars they'll go out of business as customers will not buy from them.

Football trades on loyalty we have no where else to go, 10-20-30-40-50-60 years of loyalty that doesn't come cheap, We're there in all weathers, We're treated as an inconvenience at times, When going to away games we contribute to the local economy, The local economy is worth £100m according to Chris Poulton DCC leader where home support and business continue to contribute.

And yet here we are concerned our club will go out of business(it wont)as we can't wait to be taken for granted every week.

Ladies and Gentlemen I give you the every day football supporter.   

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

See my post above. Q has had a lot to deal with , not just EFL incompetence and malevolence. 

Q has indeed had a lot to deal with and for the most part they have demonstrated  they are not up to the job. 

your views about EFL’s motives are in my view a figment of your perspective