The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Why would they, the man has got the wedge. He should be at the front of the queue. I dont like him but beggars and all that

Folks are saying it could be done in days,the man has got the wedge,now it's obvious he doesn't want to pay what CK was otherwise he wouldn't be going to the media. If his offer is less the administrators can't simply accept it,they have to put it back to creditors who may say he offers the same or we don't accept.

46 minutes ago, Woodypecker said:

I don't need to 'ask myself' anything - if you read what was written, I already placed MM firmly at the core of the fiasco, he of course deposited the club in the shat. Some of the other 71 clubs appear closer to the brink than is acknowledged, as well!

Check the DCFC timelines; you will also discover how the EFL blocked PB's being named December through April (until the parasite claim 'agreement' between MM and Gibson) - because the creditor status of parasites remained ambiguous as the EFL procrastinated and so bidders backed out, or were frustrated...the EFL would not allow Q to name a PB.

This ambiguity was maintained until relegation was assured - remember how many of us thought a PB would be named and could proceed to approval before the January window closed? It's the hope that kills you and whilst MM is 'the devil incarnate' or however folks label him, there were extra demons at work to scupper any resolution to the admin status we still endure.

All history within the sorry saga, anyroadup, so it's a couple of weeks until either oblivion or salvation, depending upon whoever in any authority or influence gets their heads out of their arses and takes meaningful action.

It amazes me that some Derby fans still don’t realise how much harm the EFL have done to this club.

53 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Have you any evidence that Luton made an operating profit? They did make a £3m profit in the season that they made £9m profit on transfers. That's not going to be sustainable over the medium term.

Obviously all Championship owners are deeply stupid - why did none of them think that all hey needed to do was stop paying the wages demanded by the players? 

Agree that Derby are a bigger club than Burton and Rotherham, but we also have bigger overheads. In a world where sustainability is possible, Derby County would have a natural advantage - but in the actual world, we don't because all other clubs are spending more than they can afford.

I'm not sure last season helps your argument. We finished 18th (?) with a smattering of expensive players, cheap signings and academy graduates. The sustainability model does not allow the expensive players and it's highly unlikely that a £5m per year outlay on an academy would be within budget. We also weren't close to competing at the sharp end with that squad. Take away Lawrence, Bielik, Joswiak (maybe not) and Byrne and it could easily be a relegation squad. That's not to disparage any of last  year's players or management - they all did fantastically well. 

Football does have to sort the mess out. It's a ridiculous situation, but it won't be sorted out by a single club ploughing a virtuous  furrow - that's Canute-like delusion (yes, I do know it wasn't his delusion he was proving). Worryingly, I think it might be a bug club getting liquidated which actually provides the shock to sort it out.

I did reference player sales as part of a break even model in my first post. The nature of gradual improvement would necessitate selling players at the right time & replacing them with Academy step ups or cheaper signings from lower down the pyramid. I'm not sure £5m spend a year on the Academy is accurate either but the way forward is likely to be moping up the Prem Academy dropouts such as Plange & Ebiowei rather than spending excessive amounts on younger age groups & then losing them for a pittance to Prem clubs at 14/15.

Re last season, believe it was 17th on results alone but of the expensive players, only Lawrence & Byrne were key players, Bielik was absent for most of the season & understandably not at his best when he did return - Jozwiak was largely ineffective & sold without too much mourning.

Self sufficiency isn't a virtuous furrow to plough - its a sensible, level headed model to get success as it forces long term planning, patience & different approaches to the plethora of also ran clubs. I would much rather we apply ourselves to think creativity how to overcome the problem of competing with parachute payment fuelled clubs/clubs spending way beyond their means, rather than expecting the football industry to sort the inequality out. Even if Derby were to be liquidated (which we won't be), it would change absolutely nothing about the way finances in the English football world operate.

Edited by LeedsCityRam

42 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I suppose the difficulty could be, is the Club really worth what CK wants to pay? There's not much of worth anymore. ?

Where does the £20.4m that Nixon quotes actually go, does anyone know?

It would normally go into an account where in most circumstances would get flagged up and checked for money laundering ?

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

If you can't see the link between the Premier League and the inflated costs of the EFL there is no point in this discussion. We will simply have to agree to disagree.

If we had beaten Villa, would Mel have put too much in? We are not in this mess because of how much Mel put in - we are in this mess because it didn't work and he decided to bail out.

Sustainability is the difference between promotion and not. 

Running at break even and remaining in the Championship for a sustained period has never been achieved. Maybe all owners of Championship clubs are just idiots? Maybe it's a run of bad luck. IMO it's more likely to be a structural weakness in the fiscal realties of the division.

Exactly - it's patently obvious it's a structural problem. If you wanted to design a structure to encoruage owners to gamble recklessly on the future of their clubs, it's hard to think of a better one than the one we've currently got! The fundamental root cause of the problem is the very existence of the Premier League itself as a separate entity. Ideally it all needs bringing back under a single structure with one set of rules and one juristiction. That way, if clubs gamble with FFP and suceed in getting promotion, they'd still get a points deduction which would mean they'd almost certainly be coming straight back down. You could also say no parachute payments if you've broken FFP to get promoted. This would also make it harder for newly promoted clubs in breach of FFP to attact players because the players would know the club was almost certainly going down (due to the points deduction) and anyway, without the parachute payments the clubs would find it much harder to fund Premier League contracts.

Unfortunately, the Premier League isn't going to be abolished any time soon for the very reason it was set up in the first place - the greed of the big clubs. So the next best option would be for an independent regulator, covering the whole of English football under a single umbrella, to impose a shared juristiction on both the Football League and the Premier League, with FFP penalties applying as indicated above even when you move between leagues.

This would dramatically reduce the incentive for reckless spending on the basis that you'll get away with it if you get promoted because the best you're likely to get is a season like Derby had in 2006-2007. In other words, this would encourage owners to pursue incremental progress and sustainable growth rather than leading them down the gambler's fallacy path that Morris followed between 2014 and 2019.

34 minutes ago, TomG said:

Does anyone know exactly how much MA is offering, not guessing or estimating, exactly? No, me neither!

I wasn't referring to how much he was offering it was in relation to him saying he wouldn't pay the full amount accrued by the administrators.

According to Dorset the price has gone up but does that still apply to Kirchner's "agreed deal" or just to potential new buyers?

Either way, exchange rate for the pound very low at the moment, so CK may benefit by the rates - unless he really did transfer a while back.

21 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

You just feel this is what the EFL want. They were ridiculed last time, now they want to use it to show they are actually helping us for once.  But if it wasn't for EFL this would all have been done and dusted by January.

Well the EFL are the clubs at the end of the day and I suspect 23 other clubs in league one want Derby county in the league for home revenues such as gate income and sponsorship as well as a good day out and I am sure they will be mightily cheesed off if we weren’t there.

Edited by Sparkle