The Administration Thread

Boycie

5 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Folk need to remember Dawes is foremost a fan - and he's historically not had an inside line from the club. He may have heard something, but equally, he may have read twitter and this board, heard there was an issue with the wage payment and jumped on the "we're all doomed" bandwagon. He's not a news journalist and I'm afraid the BBC stopped being a trusted source of news many years ago - I'd suggest taking his 'report' as an opinion piece rather than factual and wiat for CK or Q to put something out. The one thing Dawes has done is pushed them into a corner where they need to respond....

If, as I desperately hope, it doesn't all collapse (particularly today) then any positive reputation ED, radio Derby and the BBC may have will be severely damaged. To come out with such a devastating and potentially damaging statement only for it to be proved wrong will be somewhat embarrassing to put it mildly. 

7 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

Look at it logically. CK wants to be a sporting giant worldwide. If this falls through who is going to touch him worldwide, how many of the golf things he sponsors will want him with that reputation and how will it hit his company if the owner cannot be trusted. On top of that look at the money he has thrown away on legals as well. I think a low of water has to go under a lot of bridges today and it is not over because the fat lady is clearing her throat 

I'll be honest. I don't see his ability to take over a 3rd tier English football club as being a major barrier to him running high profile international golf tournaments for the best players in the world. The money involved might be significant but I suspect that we are really don't create so much as a ripple in the world which he inhabits.

18 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

EFL publishing alternative fixture lists again soon? With alternative version promoting an extra team from L2 and None league?

That would open up another can of worms.

Do they promote the higher league position or the play off finalist?

Edited by curb

1 minute ago, Alty_Ram said:

I'll be honest. I don't see his ability to take over a 3rd tier English football club as being a major barrier to him running high profile international golf tournaments for the best players in the world. The money involved might be significant but I suspect that we are really don't create so much as a ripple in the world which he inhabits.

They're separate things anyway.  The golf sponsorship etc is done through slync.io, and presumably there's been no issue with funds arriving etc.  The deal with us a personal Kirchner transaction.

9 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

He could just blame Mel regardless

11 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

If, as I desperately hope, it doesn't all collapse (particularly today) then any positive reputation ED, radio Derby and the BBC may have will be severely damaged. To come out with such a devastating and potentially damaging statement only for it to be proved wrong will be somewhat embarrassing to put it mildly. 

Well his commentaries don't impress, so I don't see why his reporting should be considered to be any better.....

CK sells his Bitcoin collection for $150million, Transfers $50million to Lawyers et al, Where will this money be now for it to be checked by Money Laundering folks?

Is it stuck in his account, Stuck in an Escrow account, Nationwide are looking for an employee who has the where withal to check, Where will this loot be?  

14 minutes ago, curb said:

That would open up another can of worms.

Do they promote Wednesday who finished in the highest league position or Wycombe the play off finalists?

The problem would be - do you only relegate three teams from league 1 or promote 5 from league two as it's league 1 where the gap would be.

It wouldn't affect Sheffield W or Wycombe. A can of worms still but one division lower.

Edited by Tamworthram

The only 'fact' we can rely on here is that the sale completion has gone beyond the widely acknowledged target date of May 31st.

The reason for that remains speculation - even in the mainstream media output of today, no sources are being referenced.

This comes down to two things - appetite and/or ability.

Either CK has lost his appetite to complete, or his ability to complete has been compromised. If it turns out to be the former then we will see this wither within 24 hours - though he has gone a heck of long way down the road to suddenly get buyer's remorse now. If it is the latter, it all depends on whether the compromising circumstances are temporary (ie funds held up in the system) or permanent (ie funds have been disqualified by the system).

We (ie the Rams collective) are a powder keg of anxiety right now and a wobble or two is lighting the fuse. If it wasn't 10.20am, I'd be reaching for a calming single malt.