The Administration Thread

Boycie

11 hours ago, RAM1966 said:

Does it not concern you though that CK appears not to have the funds available to do this?  He's going ti struggle to fund us in the Championship if that's the case, unless he's going to bring a partner in later to help fund us...

Why would he struggle to fund us in the Championship? Or do you think he is going to repeat the same mistakes as Mel and flush 40 million quid down the toilet for no reason on transfers we didnt need? Luton more or less break even and they finished in the playoffs. Kirchner proved £100 mill in funds which should be more than enough if we're run sensibly. 

I hope to christ people aren't hoping we're going to survive purely on the largesse of a wealthy benefactor given what has just happened to us.

1 hour ago, Brailsford Ram said:

That will depend on how the season progresses and if it goes very well for us it could even exceed the past season, given how the fanbase are currently so committed in its support for the team. The key to this will be just how many people buy season tickets, which is something the club must reflect upon when deciding this coming season's pricing structure.

I agree, we need to do out bit to make sure we buy tickets and season tickets in good numbers.

14 hours ago, angieram said:

Well, it matters quite a lot because if you are a Forest fan on the wind up, you'll be restricted from posting in this section of the Forum.

If you won't tell us, then we'll assume the worst and restrict you anyway.

Might be a bit like the trial where the witch is put to death if she floats 

11 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Many many years ago when I was 1st married, We had to rent our home from the council as we didn't have the £s to buy, It didn't bother us that we didn't own the property, We had somewhere to call home.

A few years later We saved up enough for a down payment and bought our 1st property.

This I assume is what CK is doing, Payoff creditors, Pay wages, Lease the Stadium from whoever who pays for the upkeep of PP.

I can see why if CK is going to put X amount more money into transfers and signings for maybe a better player, ST money coming in to offset said expenditure.

Or it may simply be that CK thought he’d get a better deal if initially he leased the stadium instead of buying it

He’s bought and is running a private jet - that suggests he can afford the stadium 

45 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

We have a chance to get this great club back on its feet again we still need buy tickets home and away in our thousands only that will bring money back into the club. We also try get high attendances in Papa johns troupy and in the FA cup and hope we can go far into the competition.

All of us who can, will get season tickets as soon as they come out. Away tickets hardly bring any cash to the club, but a new shirt will. At around £50 each + a name will bring quick cash to DCFC. Let’s get them as soon as they are on the shelves.

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

All of us who can, will get season tickets as soon as they come out. Away tickets hardly bring any cash to the club, but a new shirt will. At around £50 each + a name will bring quick cash to DCFC. Let’s get them as soon as they are on the shelves.

As Fanatic now run and staff the club shop,the club only receive a small percentage of the merchandise sold.

13 hours ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

How do we know he hasn’t got the funds?  He had to prove he had a minimum £100M just to get through the door.  He’s had to prove to the EFL he can fund the club for a minimum of 2 years.

He’s a smart businessman.  He, with input from his team, will have worked out that it’s a better deal to lease the ground in the short-term, pay 35% of the debt over 3 years (during which period the club is generating income) and put a bit more into running the club.

He himself has said he was starting to fund the club from mid-May.  The difference between CK and the sheik is that noises were circulating with the sheik before the deal fell through - money not appearing, wages not being paid, etc.  No-one is coming out with anything like this.  Not the journalists, not Team Derby, not the EFL.  And I think the EFL is the important one.  With the deal going into next week and us being in administration they would have put something out there very quickly.  Every time it has got close to a deadline they were very vocal - things like still needed to see paperwork, proof of funds, no communication, etc.  All ahead of the next date that had been set.  This time its silent.  That is a good thing and tells me they aren’t worried.

I do worry.  The same EFL who have roundly messed us around, dithered on outside parties holding up progress for 5 months and hammered us for a large point deduction on rules that weren't even written down yet, can't suddenly be beyond reproach on passing someone as fit and proper can they ?  Unless things have radically changed they let someone buy Wigan who put them straight in admin and someone buy Bury with an 80% rate of business collapse. It worries me that their desperation to untangle themselves from a web of their own making means they'd about agree to anything.  I worry that our fan base is the same - me included - that were out of options and its this or nothing.  May be that I prefer to see old money on a balance sheet rather than" this guy could be worth".  the kind of markets he trades in seem volatile rather than blue chip unexciting  but reliable. 

Hopefully not but creditors, loans, ground rent, associated match day costs and a total squad rebuild is very expensive. 

13 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Yes it's a vanity project not a return on investment business move.

The punitive EFL business plan is agreed and in place so we'll be austerity football for three years regardless.

In terms of future plans, who knows, but I do not see bank rolling to upper echelons of the game being on the cards. Being sensibly run (e.g. CK covers loses of a few million a year in the championship).

That’s my feeling too. In a sense I’m glad as it seems he doesn’t want to use those cards as credit cards. If he does well he might stick around. If he doesn’t, I doubt we’ll be left with the huge emotional and financial bill to pick like this time.

9 hours ago, GenBr said:

Why would he struggle to fund us in the Championship? Or do you think he is going to repeat the same mistakes as Mel and flush 40 million quid down the toilet for no reason on transfers we didnt need? Luton more or less break even and they finished in the playoffs. Kirchner proved £100 mill in funds which should be more than enough if we're run sensibly. 

I hope to christ people aren't hoping we're going to survive purely on the largesse of a wealthy benefactor given what has just happened to us.

Exactly this. Its such a fallacy to assume success can only arise from a benefactor coming in, throwing cash around & underwriting losses. There will be that expectation of Kirchner from some but the one good thing to come out of Morris' folly is that the counter argument of big spending can (and should) be used to close that expectation down.

Success comes from constantly good decision making. So many more examples of clubs who have improved because of a long term consistent strategy & backroom continuity than clubs buying success. Kirchner has correctly delegated football operations to an experienced CEO in Garry Cook...between him, a well run Academy & a management team rapidly learning on the job, we're seeing building blocks for a well run club put in place. 

21 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Less?

I'll confidently predict we wont have a single league attendance at PP in 22/23 as low as 15k, let alone an average that low. If your frame of reference is Division 3 from 1984-86, you're not comparing apples with apples. Much better ground facilities, greater interest in football as a whole & less hooliganism. Add in the feel good factor from the club being saved, novelty of a new division & the defiance shown by the fanbase, I think 15k is incredibly pessimistic. We'll average over 20k.

Edited by LeedsCityRam

6 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I do worry.  The same EFL who have roundly messed us around, dithered on outside parties holding up progress for 5 months and hammered us for a large point deduction on rules that weren't even written down yet, can't suddenly be beyond reproach on passing someone as fit and proper can they ?  Unless things have radically changed they let someone buy Wigan who put them straight in admin and someone buy Bury with an 80% rate of business collapse. It worries me that their desperation to untangle themselves from a web of their own making means they'd about agree to anything.  I worry that our fan base is the same - me included - that were out of options and its this or nothing.  May be that I prefer to see old money on a balance sheet rather than" this guy could be worth".  the kind of markets he trades in seem volatile rather than blue chip unexciting  but reliable. 

Hopefully not but creditors, loans, ground rent, associated match day costs and a total squad rebuild is very expensive. 

I’m not sure we can blame the EFL for the points deductions, we need to take it on the chin, Derby went into administration and Derby broke FFP rules.

personally the two issues I have with the EFL is that they can be influenced by outsiders and that is because they are not independent.  The evidence of that is the Middlesbrough and Wycombe scandal that has not potentially opened Pandora’s box for claims and counterclaims. They are also inconsistent, the issuance of penalties is evidence of that as is how they dealt with Covid. 

as per Tracy Crouch we need an independent regulator and it cannot come too soon 

7 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I get your concerns but I don’t think the EFL date get anything wrong.  Let’s not forget they’ve been under close scrutiny over the last 6 months or so with how public our case has been and their very existence is under threat.  For that reason alone, if there’s ever a time you check, double check and triple check everything it’s when you’re under a close watch.  It’s like the employee at work who’s been told they need to up their game.  They then makes sure they get everything spot on.

1 hour ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Exactly this. Its such a fallacy to assume success can only arise from a benefactor coming in, throwing cash around & underwriting losses. There will be that expectation of Kirchner from some but the one good thing to come out of Morris' folly is that the counter argument of big spending can (and should) be used to close that expectation down.

Success comes from constantly good decision making. So many more examples of clubs who have improved because of a long term consistent strategy & backroom continuity than clubs buying success. Kirchner has correctly delegated football operations to an experienced CEO in Garry Cook...between him, a well run Academy & a management team rapidly learning on the job, we're seeing building blocks for a well run club put in place. 

I'll confidently predict we wont have a single league attendance at PP in 22/23 as low as 15k, let alone an average that low. If your frame of reference is Division 3 from 1984-86, you're not comparing apples with apples. Much better ground facilities, greater interest in football as a whole & less hooliganism. Add in the feel good factor from the club being saved, novelty of a new division & the defiance shown by the fanbase, I think 15k is incredibly pessimistic. We'll average over 20k.

I wouldn't be surprised if we sold more than 15,000 season tickets.