The Administration Thread

Boycie

13 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Won't have the "free hand/prem expectation/oodles of Dosh" that Sam rush had. But I totally get the concerns.

I thought that Paul Stretford had retired as an agent? If so he may be the perfect person for that role, with an in depth knowledge of how agents work without being tied to any particular agency, which was Rush's biggest downfall

1 hour ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Remember how Wycombe's owner ran the answer and question session he gave ED on radio Derby a few months back, Dawes letting Couhig dictate the interview...poor imo.

And when Ed interviewed Morris on Radio Derby on the Sunday after the filing for administration had been discovered. I was waiting for Ed to nail Morris to the floor but instead he soothed his bald head and patted it. It was pathetic. Oh for the days of Graham Richard on the Rams and Phil Whittaker on the news. If he'd been fully exposed that morning he might have been more conciliatory than he has been ever since. Colleen Rooney would have done a better job on Morris that day than Ed Dawes.

27 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

tbh the phrase 'either underestimated or underplayed' makes me wonder if we haven't been able to freely read the thoughts of John Percy for quite a while now.

Not sure why he's listed buying the kit as something to do, we were told that was ordered a couple of months ago.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

2 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

tbh the phrase 'either underestimated or underplayed' makes me wonder if we haven't been able to freely read the thoughts of John Percy for quite a while now.

Not sure why he's listed buying the kit as something to do, we were told that was ordered a couple of months ago.

Pay for the kit so the manufacturer actually makes it?

3 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Would we even be allowed to order something without paying for it up front whilst already in administration? 

As in, place the order on a "payment up front" basis, so we can say an order has been placed but nothing will happen until the supplier has their money.

Bit of playing semantics, you're right, no one will do anything without payment up front from us in administration.

37 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Players are not out of contract until June. The stadium sale has never been insurmountable.. first option was given to the buyer of the club. Problem was no-one wanted to buy the club especially with the Boro claim . Now Kirchner sees the value of the Derby brand and good luck to him. Poor article by Percy probably fed by EFL as usual. 

Obviously this is good news and is a relief for our fans after months of turmoil.

Hopefully it also allows us to give reassurances to the players that want to stay, I’m sure there will be clubs making approaches to them so it a big plus if we can tell them contracts are in the pipeline an will be on the table once the EFL fully ratify the takeover.

It’ll also be interesting to see how the stadium situation pans out and how they’ve worked it. 

Having gone through what we have there will always be worries, will the see you next Tuesdays at the EFL shaft us again, will MM create more turmoil. Hopefully none these things come to pass and we have good news by the end of May.

Edited by Ramarena

7 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Obviously this is good news and is a relief for our fans after months of turmoil.

Hopefully it also allows us to give reassurances to the players that want to stay, I’m sure there will be clubs making approaches to them so it a big plus if we can tell them contracts are in the pipeline once the EFL fully ratify the takeover.

It’ll also be interesting to see how the stadium situation pans out and how they’ve worked it. 

Having gone through what we have there will always be worries, will the see you next Tuesdays at the EFL shaft us again, will MM create more turmoil. Hopefully none these things come to pass and we have good news by the end of May.

My (probably wildly optimistic) hope is that the players are already aware of what sort of deal we can put in front of them once the ink is dry and if it goes through before the 31st of May we see a flurry of renewals in short order.

Not everyone is going to stay. Anyone with a Premier League offer on the table will likely be off and good luck to 'em. Hopefully we keep the bones of a decent squad together and Rooney and Kirchner have a few less problems to solve in the transfer window than they though.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

My (probably wildly optimistic) hope is that the players are already aware of what sort of deal we can put in front of them once the ink is dry and if it goes through before the 31st of May we see a flurry of renewals in short order.

Not everyone is going to stay. Anyone with a Premier League offer on the table will likely be off and god luck to 'em. Hopefully we keep the bones of a decent squad together and Rooney and Kirchner have a few less problems to solve in the transfer window than they though.

True, but this will add confidence to that process.

Hopefully allowing us to hold on to some of those that may have been wavering with other offers on the table!

Well my morning glory has extended into the afternoon (but that may be because I have got my pills mixed up again). 

Some really good news in the last 12 hours but reading some posts on here you might think differently.  Whether CK has the wherewithal to achieve great things for our Club in the future is anyone’s guess, but to exchange contracts is a huge step and not to be derided or undermined. Yes, let’s not get carried away, but why so many doomsayers want to continue to pick everything apart is beyond me. CK HAS STOPPED THE DOOMSDAY CLOCK. He has shown his commitment. It is now up to Morris/MSD to finalise the stadium sale to some third party, who is supportive of CK’s proposals. Well done CK. I hope this works out for you and us. Up the Rams!

Edited by i-Ram

1 hour ago, BucksRam said:

Apologies if it's already been mentioned, but one thing I've found interesting this past week or so is the complete lack of so-called breaking news stories from the likes of Nixon, who has simply been responding with monosyllabic click-bait answers to questions on Twitter.  If you read Kirch's posts last night, I think Q and him have kept a very tight ship sorting out the final details, and not involved the EFL.  No EFL, no leak to Nixon.    

Absolutely, I’ve no real time for him or Percy, they only sensationalise every twist to get more bites. Along with Rob Dorset they are purely self interested and never seem to grasp the effect their words have on supporters of our club.

4 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Regardless of the outcome of our plight, a huge part of my love of football has died over the last 2 years. Its really highlighted that its just one big dick swinging competition for rich men that don't give a flying duck about the lifeblood of the game.

I'm feeling grateful this morning but will forever be angry at how we have been treated over the last 2 years.

Added the above, couldn’t agree more. There will be people trying to rewrite history and make out they were either not the problem or in some cases the good guys. We all know the EFL’s history in our plight and it won’t be forgotten along with others that have been vultures with our plight.

13 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Not everyone is going to stay. Anyone with a Premier League offer on the table will likely be off and good luck to 'em. Hopefully we keep the bones of a decent squad together and Rooney and Kirchner have a few less problems to solve in the transfer window than they though.

Money will be a big factor plus a whisper in their ears from their agents...but...Non will be a 1st choice player, Not even Lawrence imo, The younger ones will be farmed out to learn the game, The older ones will be offered Championship football.

My hope is that those who know WR will play the longer game, Stay, Learn, Watch and listen, Become a better player and person and progress at a later date hopefully with DCFC ?