The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Bless you. Nice glass of dry white or two might prove a pleasant aid to sleep. I've cracked a bottle of Macallan I've been saving and have just messaged my business partner to tell him not to expect to see for a day or two. He's American and was warned this might be the case if his compatriot got this deal to the line ?

As for the doom-merchants, suspect they'll be rather less chippy moving forwards, unless of course it all goes horribly wrong, in which case they'll flood back in to tell us they knew it would all along. Unlikely now though and based on the last 72 hours, there's going to be a good few stuck on ignore lists, I reckon. There'll be tough times ahead as we stabilise and build for the future and we want the type of fans whose faith and support is unshakeable right now, not the whiny 'I told you so's' who bring nothing but mealy-mouthed misery to the table and have shown CK little to no faith at all.

Ah well, it sounds like everything should be fully sorted by this time nest week and that's music to my ears. All the other BS can go firmly on the back-burner.

#KIRCH
#DTID

The deer has stopped kicking off outside so will now hopefully be able to sleep but if it hadnt been for him wouldnt have still been awake to see those tweets. Enjoy the macallan!

1 hour ago, Dave Mackay Ate My Hamster said:

You hear about so many businesses that are bought for a nominal £1, including football clubs, I think that's pretty much where we are. Anyone who's willing to spend £30m to pay off Mel's debts is just doing it as a vanity project.

Erm, not really

We're worthless with the amount of debt we're shouldering. And without a stadium, less than that.

The only equity is in acquiring the stadium on the cheap.

On a prospective turnover of approx £6m-£10m next year, most of that will be swallowed up in wages and additional costs. There'll be no profit in that turnover for any prospective investor.

Clueless

I'm amazed anyone would consider paying anything near £30m for our club, especially without a stadium. The only upside is getting the ground at a discount - circa £20m , then borrowing against it's true value, prob £45m max in the current climate. I think that was CK's strategy for raising future funds. A future guarantee of buying at £20m but leveraging debt against the higher figure to generate funds.

I think Mel has made us unsellable at the current £30m to buy the club + £20m odd million to buy the stadium.

Even more clueless. CK's offer is worth more than that

Our only hope to avoid oblivion is for MA to pay peanuts for the what's left, and getting the only real asset - the stadium for around £20m or less.

That's what he does. That's the reality of our parlous financial position sadly.

Only hope? ?

Edited by Ghost of Clough

3 minutes ago, Stagtime said:

Just after 10 am here CBR so it’s nearly crack open the bubbly time.

So lucky you are

4 minutes ago, Dave Mackay Ate My Hamster said:

On a separate note, whilst we're all full of bonhomie, let's just take a moment to salute Jake Daniels, a brave 17 year old young man, with a brilliant future in the game, who chose today to come out.

It shouldn't even be a thing in 2022… but Sir, I salute you.

You're so right it shouldnt but not surprising he did with their lovely fans

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Erm, not really

Clueless

Even more clueless. CK's offer is worth more than that

Only hope? ?

Mate, if I got it wrong, nobody would be more delighted than me to eat humble pie, if we have a functioning club to support next season.

Let's face it, it was going to the wire, and it's not certain, but much more likely after tonight, that we'll get there.

If I had the odd £30m I wouldn't be comfortable ploughing it into bailing out Mel's s*** show.

1 hour ago, Scott129 said:

How many comments will we now get about "conditional on the sale of the stadium"?

Just let people enjoy this one for the time being. It's a ray of light that we haven't had over the past 9 months.

I am more worried about "the small bits". I do have a complex about things like that.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-chris-kirchner-abuse-7089417

The social media abuse mentioned is uncalled for.

I get that fans are anxious, but the club didn't enter administration for the sake of it, its 60 plus million in debt.

There are few interested in taking over the club, and of those that are, ck might very well be our last hope.

Why do people assume, the rumour about MA being interested in taking over the club has truth behind it. For all we know it's click bate, for a name that could potentially take over derby.

If MA was interested, why wasn't his name just as heavily linked to other clubs being taken over, clubs with less debt.

Never before has a club with 60 million plus debt, been placed into administration, a club that has a former owner that crazily doesn't want to sell a stadium he owns unless he gets compensated by more than 20 million on top of the debt he owns.

A former owner who only paid off boro, in order to help to try and get himself compensated faster, by attempting to expedite the purchase of the club.

If its not ck then who?

If MA really wanted Derby, why hasn't he come out in the press and said he's determined to take over the club and is out bidding ck in order to do so.

Ck says that a deal is a close, a lot of work is bring done behind the scenes thar he can't legally discuss until if at all, until after he's signed the contract.

Non disclosure agreements in business deals are common practice.

With the amount of debt in question, it takes time to buy something the size of Derby.

I hope that the social media abuse on ck is coming from Nottingham forest fans and not derby fans. However, it's irrelevant, ck needs derby fans support and not abuse or else we will not have a club to support.

Never doubted you CK………….. ?

what news that is to wake up to the nightmare is nearly over and like any normal football fan I can dream of us winning the champions league again.. but in all seriousness this is for the city, the behind the scenes workers, the supporters and the  wider family. We can operate as normal and now set a plan to get us back where we belong. 

COYR ?

What great news to wake up to. Will feel a whole lot better when the conditional parts of this deal are signed off though. After all we've been through it's ok to proceed with some caution, isn't it?

For now though I'll know it's a done deal when this thread is locked. I'm off to find that transfer thread. Now where is it again?