The Administration Thread

Boycie

3 minutes ago, Dai Capp said:

Can't be too many folk with the financial clout to pull it off - Horton's a shout, Clowes have links to Marketing Derby so may be involved, I guess Kirklands could be involved...

Only said Horton as he was involved a few years back to the roof so would make sense 

I don't think there's anyone that is truly committed to wanting to spend the money required to buy the club and the stadium.

If someone does eventually put pen to paper and buy the club, it will come to late to stop those players that have said they would like to stay signing for other clubs. Also most if not all of those still under contract, to save money, will be gone along with Rooney and the rest of the management team. Leaving  whoever comes in as manager, needing to build an entire new squad, probably on a shoestring budget. Meaning we will start next season at a considerable disadvantage and little chance of vying for promotion. 

Sorry this is all just speculation probably due in part to my glass half empty demeanour and with how every potential buyer has acted during the bidding process.

With this latest hold-up to the club being sold. I'm more worried than I've felt all this season, that the next time I watch a Derby team play. It will be a supporter owned club called AFC Derby County, who are ground sharing with Mickleover Sports and playing none league football after being liquidated. I

I suppose we might be able to buy PPS in ten or so years time, after we've climbed back up through the divisions.  That's if Mel hasn't managed to sell PPS after finding another use for it. Maybe he could put the previously rumoured roof on it and Ashley could buy it to use as a Sports Direct warehouse.

5 hours ago, Eatonram said:

Another thing I dont quite understand is why CK would not be prepared to take out a "mortgage" to buy the stadium? He would then own it or the Club would and pay out so much a year........All the new stadia and stands built over the last 30 years have been financed this way.....in fairness to Morris, when he bought the Club the ground was mortgaged, so why not now???

Anyone?

He's then paying more than the club is worth.  Hes already podding out about £35m, that price should really include the ground, the club simply isn't viable, its insolvent and had it been a normal business it would have been liquidated back in Sep.  Taking out a mortgage on the ground still means CK has paid well over the market value.

My bet is CK this morning offered Mel £1 for the ground stating with the other debts, thats a fair offer to clean up Morris's mess.

Sadly Morris is deluded and Im afraid our new owner, if we are lucky will be Ashley post liquidation and we will start as a Pheonix club and lose all our honours..... ?

Edited by RAM1966

35 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Is this local businessman buying it outright or covering the shortfall of CK offer?

Say MM wants 25m, if CK is willing to pay 15m, this new guy pays the other 10m meaning CK owns 60% of the ground

I've heard it's a Derby fan from Grimsby. Apparently he's done brilliantly from a website he owns. 5 million hits on one thread alone.

24 minutes ago, Eddie said:

My speculation on the matter comes down to this...

If it's a choice between DCFC and MM going bust (and I'm not saying it is, but if it was), I know who I would choose.

Unfortunately, I also know who MM would choose.

Stating the obvious there aren’t you buddy? Every Derby fan would make the same choice (apart from Mel of course if he still considers himself a fan).