The Administration Thread

Boycie

20 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I don't remember the other method, but my method was to unfollow him, delete the twitter app, re-install the twitter app and re-follow him which seemed to do the trick.

Did you have to re-follow everyone?!  I don't think the other solution was that drastic!! ?

5 minutes ago, Carnero said:

No the followed accounts were still there, you're only deleting the app, not your actual twitter account!

Although the benefits of deleting your twitter account are many.

Mostly because twitter is a cesspool. Go outside, it's spring, the evenings are light, there's a bank holiday weekend coming up, remember that dcfcfans is the only form of social media you should engage with.

Things have gone really quiet on here. It's 95 days until the League 1 season kicks off. If CK is due to start writing cheques (per his own comment) by the 7th of May, then I expect some news this week. 4 days ago, the business plan went to the EFL. Key now is whether or not the EFL mess about, they don't do that, do they?

5 minutes ago, TheSlate said:

Things have gone really quiet on here. It's 95 days until the League 1 season kicks off. If CK is due to start writing cheques (per his own comment) by the 7th of May, then I expect some news this week. 4 days ago, the business plan went to the EFL. Key now is whether or not the EFL mess about, they don't do that, do they?

I think I read somewhere that the person that opens the mail at the EFL is on holiday this week.

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

It doesn’t really matter what players are worth e.g Lawrence £5 mill, if they can walk in the summer for free.That is the worst thing about Admin - not being able to sign players up.

Good luck to Forest beating FFP if they only get £3.6M for Worrall and £900,000 for Johnson ?

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

It doesn’t really matter what players are worth e.g Lawrence £5 mill, if they can walk in the summer for free.That is the worst thing about Admin - not being able to sign players up.

I don’t think the point of the article is how much our respective assets are actually worth to the club. It’s a comparison of how good (as measured purely by player estimated worth) each squad is and goes some way to explain why they’re in the play offs and we’re where we are (with and without points deductions).

That’s how I read it anyway.

Edited by Tamworthram

32 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Good luck to Forest beating FFP if they only get £3.6M for Worrall and £900,000 for Johnson ?

That would be nice , as they have turned down £32 million for the 2. Nobody seems to want to mess with Marinakis. He made £10 million on Assombolonga , who walked away from Gibson for free?

1 hour ago, TomG said:

Thus, contributing to the club actually losing money....it's a nonsense!

That is the problem with the current rules they make a bad situation much worse, I doubt if anyone within the EFL have ever sat down and worked all of the different scenarios  through to a final conclusion. Its clear to see, now we are in this position, how easy it is for a club to cease to exist. The EFL rules\punishments are both punitive and cumulative, there needs to be a balance where, if a club is in trouble they can approach the EFL for help, after all it surely isn't in the interest of the member clubs of the EFL to lose a fellow member. 

Under the current regulations no club owner in their right minds would want to share any issues with the EFL.    

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

Odds are that we see derby county outside of the play offs next season, at least two to three seasons in League one.

Examplre: Leeds took several seasons to escape league one.

Derby will be restricted due to the business plan in terms of who they can sign, expect free agents and loan signings.

Not the best of those, they will go to the Championship clubs while derby pick up the left overs in competition with other league one clubs.

I've read that escaping league ones requires spending and from what I've read we will not be doing a lot of that.

For those who dream of escaping league one in the first season, continue to dream.