The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, davenportram said:

Is that what happened? Or did he just not put a bid in for PNE once it became apparent we still needed abuyer

His was bid was for over two years - maybe he’s been convinced to alter the structure of his bid?

It's what was reported, I wasn't in the room.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I feel like even if we're saved, it's going to be 3-5 years of grind before we're really looking up again.

Things might pan out better than that, but there is going to be grind to work through - the EFL business plan will ensure that even if everything else is going swell.

Ipswich , Shef W , and Sunderland fans would all agree with that . They averaged 27,000 at home on Saturday. A medium sized fan base means nothing in Div 1.

Simon Stone writing on BBC Sport website has some interesting info I haven't seen elsewhere...

"The crux of the issue now, as I understand it, is the 15-point deduction for not paying outstanding non-football creditors 25% of what they are owed.

In theory, this deduction should be applied next season.

However, I know the EFL were open to the idea of taking the points off this season if it was at a point when Derby's future was still to be determined.

Evidently, it still is. Realistically, it wouldn't take anything like the full 15 points to relegate Derby to League One from where they are now."

He goes on to say that the EFL board will meet on Thursday to decide the matter.

If it is CK then he deserves 100% backing and support. He is a very astute and successful businessman in his own right and was at least looking for a plan to make us a sustainable team moving forward. I assume he has amended his original offer but to be honest I don't actually care as long as he can get it over the line and treats his role of custodian with more class than Morris could dream of managing.

5 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I’m happy to look past some dodgy old tweets.

If I were him, I’d have the balls to come out and address it personally though. Especially after being so vocal on Twitter over the last few months.

Not all of the tweets are song lyrics or movie quotes, either.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

1 minute ago, Animal is a Ram said:

they'd dig up anything to derail something positive or to put more worry in to fans minds. Quoting song lyrics and movies quotes, 10 years ago he would be be early to mid-20s sounds about right... 

5 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Simon Stone writing on BBC Sport website has some interesting info I haven't seen elsewhere...

"The crux of the issue now, as I understand it, is the 15-point deduction for not paying outstanding non-football creditors 25% of what they are owed.

However, I know the EFL were open to the idea of taking the points off this season if it was at a point when Derby's future was still to be determined.

Evidently, it still is. Realistically, it wouldn't take anything like the full 15 points to relegate Derby to League One from where they are now."

He goes on to say that the EFL board will meet on Thursday to decide the matter.

I don't see how we get far enough through the process in time for that though, before the end of the season. We aren't going to know the final deal until quite late on (Mike Ashley was talking about 12 weeks to get it pushed through), and the EFL aren't going to give us a points deduction until we actually exit admin - it could fall through and the last hurdle and then everything changes etc.

7 hours ago, angieram said:

I don't think now is the time to tell us to calm down, we've been waiting for something to be happening for ever! 

Back to reading this thread after switching off for weeks, then realising after 30 pages it’s still not done and dusted, too many others have it in for us and maybe just don’t read it until it’s all announced; somehow, something tells me it still won’t be an easy or even palatable ending.

15 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

I feel underwhelmed but I don't know why - after two years of this horrendous limbo and sanctions and edging ever closer to oblivion we have someone who appears to want to, and be able to, rescue us. Logic suggests we should be shouting from the rooftops.

Yet I feel underwhelmed. Maybe it's just battle-weariness.

Partly that but also if and when our future is secured, you start looking properly at what the future is going to hold. League One, 15 points down before we start, no squad to speak of, strict rules on what we can spend (assuming Kirchner actually has money to spend, which is far from clear). I guess its a bit like a life-saving operation which comes with some life-altering side effects: obviously you're amazingly happy to have had the op, but once it's done, and you are still alive, the side-effects do matter. 

I'd actually be fairly happy dropping down a division and having a reset, if we'd have been able to keep our young players. It might have been fun watching them have a go at storming League One. Watching our best prospects get picked off one by has been (and will likely continue to be) one of the most depressing aspects of this whole snipshow. 

17 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

First question is whether there will be a points deduction at all.

As for ‘which season’, this is what EFl said in response to written questions from Leighton Orient fans: 

“Q: If a club is unable to pay its creditors the threshold of 35p, but can meet a much lower figure then what happens regarding any points deduction?
A: It is applied at a time determined by the EFL Board but ordinarily at the commencement of the following season.”

I’d rather have the points deduction this season I think, if there’s to be one ... 

Edited by kevinhectoring

I don't see an issue with historic tweets and it does rather annoy me. I am sure at some point we have all done or said something we aren't proud of, it doesn't define who we are. There was a furore about a potential Chelsea owner. It is ridiculous to dig them up. I am sure we are all different people to who we were 10+ years ago, times change as do people. Lets move on and hope this god awful mess is sorted sooner rather than later.

Just now, ollycutts1982 said:

I don't see an issue with historic tweets and it does rather annoy me. I am sure at some point we have all done or said something we aren't proud of, it doesn't define who we are. There was a furore about a potential Chelsea owner. It is ridiculous to dig them up. I am sure we are all different people to who we were 10+ years ago, times change as do people. Lets move on and hope this god awful mess is sorted sooner rather than later.

I see the issue, but I think as long as people acknowledge the error of their ways, and apologise then that should be the end of it.

Otherwise, what is the point of anyone apologising for anything ever?

1 minute ago, ollycutts1982 said:

No they have ducked us again.

Just when we get good news it all implodes .

Phoenix club in conference here we come