The Administration Thread

Boycie

3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Maybe so, but his development is going to be the most important thing, a Championship club where he’d be at least a squad player would probably be a good option for him.

If only Udinese had links to an English club, who are likely to be a Championship side, that they could secure Festy’s services for months before any English side can.

The way Watford go through managers, I suspect his development will be pretty random....

1 minute ago, BobdeBilder said:

But a pre-contract isn't a contract or he would be with them and not the Rams.

But it's a binding legal commitment (in theory anyway) to sign for them.  The last thing we want is a new owner to start off his ownership by getting dragged into a lawsuit because he tried to force a player to break an agreement he'd signed.

15 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Looks like that may not be the case. 

https://www.betting-offers.com/2021/11/pre-contractual-negotiations-what-are-they-and-what-are-the-rules/

“According to law firm Blake Morgan, perhaps not. They believe that a pre-contract agreement is merely a ‘commitment’ to completing a later deal, however that in some instances the move could be broken by either party.

That said, a pre-contract is likely to be considered binding where the ‘essential terms’, such as length of contract, salary and other commercial perks have been agreed in advance.”

However, if he did want to stay then he could have surely waited until the end of the season at least for the owner situation to be clarified. I doubt he would be short on offers either way.

We’re assuming he’d even want to get out of it. Udinese are a Serie A side. Would he rather be playing Juventus and Milan next season or Accrington and Fleetwood? Tough call…

Edited by StaffsRam

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Not surprised given the content of some of his tweets. He sounds like an absolute moron.

I think he’s incredibly naive. I don’t believe he has those same thoughts now, or I should hope he doesn’t. Lots of people feel the confidence to write things they don’t really feel or believe on social media because it’s a “safe” space rather than saying it in public. The only issue is it stays there and you forgot you’ve said it.

I’ve had Twitter since 2009 when I was a teenager. I never wrote anything like that but I couldn’t remember some of the stupid things I must have written. There are tools you can use to clear all your tweets, or anything from before a certain date. I did that before going to uni and applying for jobs, because you just don’t want people seeing childish things that aren’t a reflection of yourself today.

I find it hard to believe, that even if he’s forgot he’s said that, that he didn’t consider doing it before entering into the publicity. He knows people would go snooping, professionals get caught out all the time from it.

I don't love the idea of Kirchner but if he's the only one in for us then that is who we will have to out up with. If there is a change to get -15 this season I think I would take it as next year we need to start positively. The chances of us staying up are minimal so start afresh and see what happens. If the guy is a chancer then it could get ugly quickly but we need out of this hole. 

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I think he’s incredibly naive. I don’t believe he has those same thoughts now, or I should hope he doesn’t. Lots of people feel the confidence to write things they don’t really feel or believe on social media because it’s a “safe” space rather than saying it in public. The only issue is it stays there and you forgot you’ve said it.

I’ve had Twitter since 2009 when I was a teenager. I never wrote anything like that but I couldn’t remember some of the stupid things I must have written. There are tools you can use to clear all your tweets, or anything from before a certain date. I did that before going to uni and applying for jobs, because you just don’t want people seeing childish things that aren’t a reflection of yourself today.

I find it hard to believe, that even if he’s forgot he’s said that, that he didn’t consider doing it before entering into the publicity. He knows people would go snooping, professionals get caught out all the time from it.

There didn't seem to be much of it when he was on the point of buying Preston.  

What the feck is this - another Forest twit setting up his own account now the real ones disappeared.

15 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

It’s times like this where I am so glad I am old enough not to do Twitter and have all the worries and concerns most of you all seem to have in your lives 

Whilst twitter is a total cesspit, it's only problematic if you are on there spouting absolute rubbish. I don't get in to trouble on twitter in the same way I don't get in to trouble whilst having a pint in the pub. I don't broadcast horrific opinions loudly for everyone to hear or start arguments with strangers. It's not that difficult.

6 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Of course, but most likely on Parachute payment-fuelled ridiculous wages compared to what we’ll be allowed to offer… ?

Look give kircher a chance he must think he can make this work and rooney can start to plan and get rest of first team new contracts. That is desperately needed.

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I do not get all the love for Ashley.

He's hardly caring about the club, waiting until the last minute to get it as cheap as possible.

Sorry, what's the attraction of that to people? I'm missing it.

I think it’s because he’s a known quantity in terms of finances and the fact he’s fairly successfully owned a club before (notwithstanding Newcastle fans’ weird sense of entitlement).  He has faults, both as a businessman and club owner, but I think people have more certainty over what we’d be getting.

43 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Mr Kirchner has deactivated his  twitter account....

Because a female Forest fan has dug up a sexist tweet he made in 2013. She is appealing to DCFC to withdraw from any agreement with Kirchner.

Edited by Brailsford Ram

4 minutes ago, LazloW said:

I think it’s because he’s a known quantity in terms of finances and the fact he’s fairly successfully owned a club before (notwithstanding Newcastle fans’ weird sense of entitlement).  He has faults, both as a businessman and club owner, but I think people have more certainty over what we’d be getting.

Like I said last night he could well have teamed up with mike ashley or Clooney to help to get this deal done.