The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

Good news then, in the event that we are taken over, I seriously doubt that any new owners will not plan to return to the Championship to try and make money ASAP.

Who would spend millions bailing out derby to see them floundering in the lower League's.

There might a question about who replaces Rooney, if he leaves and the club's in League one.

There is a massive question about what players join derby if the clubs playing in league one.

Which new academy players can derby hope to sign to strengthen a depleted academy.

Which new coaches join the club, when coaches leave the club much like the players because they want to coach at a least championship level.

Derby will have little available time to sort out signing enough new players to have a playable squad. I think that means they will have to pay above the odds to bring quality into the team.

If derby get a 15 point deduction next season combined with only signing poor quality players, you could have the club staring at relegation from league one instead of potential promotion.

No way I can see any new owners signing up to that.

Did you hear Eric Steele on the phone in last night, when we were closer to being wound up in 1984 than we are now, run down stadium, crap training facilities, crowds circa 12-13k maybe, 6 players at pre season and needing a new manager..... a new start, there are 100's of out of contract players that would be more than happy to be involved in a club like Derby. As for manager, if WR does leave then again there will be a queue of people looking at this as a major challenge, Arthur Cox left the mighty Newcastle with the likes of Waddle, Beardsley and Keegan in the team after getting them promoted to the top flight and ended up here!

2 hours ago, Alty_Ram said:

What I have never been clear on is how much say the EFL get in the business plan, above and beyond ensuring FFP compliance. Also, what is a new owner allowed to inject cash into ? Presumably they can spend budget on restocking the plundered academy and such but how does other stuff work re debt vs FFP targets vs owner wanting to inject a bit of cash ?

The EFL get a big say, i.e. they impose it and publish it (as in the case of Reading's - which goes down to the nitty gritty details). Everything is closely monitored, as in Reading's case with a threat of a further 6-point deduction (hence Barnsley rattling the EFL's cage about possible breaches).

If we come out of administration with satisfied creditors, then I'm sure the EFL will look more favourably upon us with the Business Plan. If not, then apart from the -15, I can't see the EFL allowing a "rich" owner to sign any decent players.  The imposed salary budget cap will see to that.  Look at Reading's.  If they get relegated, they even have to submit to another business plan on a much reduced budget. 

4 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

Did you hear Eric Steele on the phone in last night, when we were closer to being wound up in 1984 than we are now, run down stadium, crap training facilities, crowds circa 12-13k maybe, 6 players at pre season and needing a new manager..... a new start, there are 100's of out of contract players that would be more than happy to be involved in a club like Derby. As for manager, if WR does leave then again there will be a queue of people looking at this as a major challenge, Arthur Cox left the mighty Newcastle with the likes of Waddle, Beardsley and Keegan in the team after getting them promoted to the top flight and ended up here!

Enter Sir Robert Maxwell.

Oh wait.

5 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

I wasn’t quoting you, it was @TexasRamthat I was initially responding to

who else was MFC going to sue? Their second best option after DCFC would probably be EFL, who are party to the contract that was subject to the dispute (ie the EFl rules). Perfectly possible they would have added MM as a defendant, it’s the way litigators carry on, but that would not make the claim against him any less fanciful

MSD wants the club sold as a going concern. If Q finds a buyer willing to pay more for the club than the break up value, then MSD would release all claims against the club to allow the sale to proceed. Broadly speaking 

Sorry @kevinhectoring I must have missed it, you quoted me how ? 

1 hour ago, RamBeauIV said:

The EFL get a big say, i.e. they impose it and publish it (as in the case of Reading's - which goes down to the nitty gritty details). Everything is closely monitored, as in Reading's case with a threat of a further 6-point deduction (hence Barnsley rattling the EFL's cage about possible breaches).

If we come out of administration with satisfied creditors, then I'm sure the EFL will look more favourably upon us with the Business Plan. If not, then apart from the -15, I can't see the EFL allowing a "rich" owner to sign any decent players.  The imposed salary budget cap will see to that.  Look at Reading's.  If they get relegated, they even have to submit to another business plan on a much reduced budget. 

Yep, that's rather what I was expecting/fearing. That said, if you had existing debt that was on say a 3 year payback schedule but your owner decided that they wanted to pay in full rather than instalments then I don't see why they shouldn't be able to do that and remove the debt repayments that were eating into your disposable income/cashflow as a club. Would you not be allowed to amend your expenditure in that scenario ? Seems bonkers to insist that a club stays in debt for the sake of it but hey, this is the EFL

This is the joy of FFP though I guess. It seems intended as much to prevent anyone else crashing the party at the top rather than protecting clubs from themselves. There are still some chairmen who seem able to pull all sorts of stunts to keep compliant though. I don't really understand what loopholes they are exploiting tbh but I can't for the life of me see how some of these clubs are living by the same rules that we are getting beaten over the head with.

4 hours ago, nogbad van 50 said:

Tend to agree with you.He’s the highest paid manager in our division and could actually afford to buy the Club with his personal wealth! 
I can’t see any prospective new owner putting up with his salary in League 1 or him taking a reduction and being asked to oversee a major overhaul.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/13753313/wayne-rooney-derby-manager-man-utd-2/

You do know that 32Red pay a fair chunk of his wages don't you?

6 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

You do know that 32Red pay a fair chunk of his wages don't you?

Yes I do but he’s still on a salary that a league 1 club can Ill afford unless the new owner/s want to retain him for his reputation and list of contacts.I think he’s win over the doubters ,including me,with his commitment but the job that lies ahead would test the most experienced of managers.

Everything we do for the next few years will come down to budget. We certainly won’t be able to pay managers 10 times more than every other team in the league. But look what Luton are doing on a tiny budget.It may be that we will have to watch Rowett style football for a while to get us competitive again.

18 hours ago, rsmini said:

BB856EFF-DFA8-42D1-BEE6-5837C9F6F5D1.thumb.jpeg.1666fa0f4367cfb88d36be8b40676567.jpeg

feeling a little more confident today after reading Simon Jordan’s comments. Could this mean a deal for the ground is getting close? I’m tending to think Dell could still be involved somewhere in the new ownership. Maybe backing Andy Appleby perhaps 

That excerpt from the Jordan statement alarms me TBH.

I wondered how and why MSD were loaning more money to fund Administration and Fulfilling Fixtures. On the surface of it, it just seems to make everything a whole lot more complicated, in that there is more debt on the Clubs books that is personally underwritten by MM?

What is the actual debt to MSD now? We know about the £20m loan the club has secured against the stadium, but what`s been added since the documents were filed at Companies House?

Also if as suggested these loans are at c10% interest, what`s that costing? Are the bidders / interested parties quibbling about taking those loans on? certainly at that interest rate I`d be negotiating hard!

9 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Who says he wont agree to a pay cut to stay at derby even he said he has a job here he has started and he wants to finnish it.

I think if he stays or goes it won’t be about the money, but more what our future owners can sell in terms of vision to rebuild quickly a competitive L1 team.