The Administration Thread

Boycie

Whilst awaiting further revelations from Nixon, I had a look back over the story of Portsmouth's two Administrations in a search for some reassurance that the EFL will not be unduly harsh with us come the end of the season if we are not yet out of Administration, or should we fail to agree a CVA with all creditors.

I noticed that, when it was announced that Portsmouth would be hit with another 10 point deduction at the start of season 2012/13, after their relegation from the Championship the preceding season, due to them being unable to satisfy the EFL over the recompense to creditors from their PREVIOUS CVA, the Administrator got rather ratty :

Pompey's administrator Trevor Birch promptly issued a statement branding the League's decision "very harsh" and hopes it can be reversed. He said:

"We are extremely disappointed that the Football League has decided to impose yet another penalty on the club.

"I think most people would agree that the 10-point deduction imposed last season was sufficient, particularly as it played a huge part in the club's relegation to League One.

"The fans, players and staff have suffered enough for something for which they weren't responsible. We feel it is unjustified for the club to be punished further.

"We've made it clear to the League that Portsmouth needs all the help it can get at the moment, which makes today's decision very harsh.

"I'm confident, though, that the club will bounce back from this latest setback. It's not a club that gives up that easily.

"We will have further discussions with the League in order to explore whether we can give them more comfort, particularly with regards to the old CVA creditors, and thereby have the decision reversed in respect of a points deduction.

"We will continue to do all we can to give Portsmouth the best possible chance of survival."

I'm sure Trevor wouldn't be a big fat massive hypocrite, would he?

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/9814818.portsmouth-to-begin-201213-season-on-10-points-in-league-one/

51 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

It's not a case of deliberately/consciously "accepting" £zero.  It's holding out for a supposed minimum amount (percentage), that may never come. 

It's simple haggling... minimum acceptance v maximum offer. 

If those figures never merge, then all of a sudden, the creditor is left with nothing (or effectively nothing) and it's only at that point do they wish they'd lowered their demands... by which time, all the bidders have walked away, and DCFC have been fed into the blender.

I didn't mean to imply the Creditors have simply said, 'whatever amount you give us is fine', I hope my comments haven't come across that way.

I understand there will be negotiating/haggling going on between the creditors and admins. My point is the creditors are in a very weak position to negotiate.

This isn't like a person trying to sell their well kept home for (400,000) pounds, with all bills paid up and they get to wait on the highest/best bidder or they simply won't sell.

This is the bank standing by that same home saying someone needs to buy this home for much more then it is worth (2,000,000 pounds)- also this home  has massive damage, infestations, and the new buyer must pay all back bills or we are going to scrape it from its plot of land

A labored metaphor and not quite accurate...apologies. But, my point stands. Creditors are in a weak position to negotiate anything in this case. They can ask for what they would like, but ultimately have to accept whatever is paid them.

Remember all those times John Percy released news before the EFL put out statements that appeared to come from sources who were biased against Derby and most of us assumed it was someone within the EFL? Interestingly, the first journalist Steve Gibson has spoken to regarding this Chelsea stuff today was none other than John Percy.

Maybe it's just a coincidence ....

37 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Derby: Morris and Ashley in Three dimensional chess game over Pride Park stadium. Quantuma on sidelines awaiting final move. More in paper tomorrow.

#reluctantnicko 

7AA417E5-16B9-430B-AC32-080B4278B1A5.gif.2077dc9e075d773f9a7eddc7d4e6c3fc.gif

image.gif.7ee6460d927139caa6a2c4aa54fcc4bb.gif

all we need now is a chundering into the fireplace gif………anyone?

39 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Whilst awaiting further revelations from Nixon, I had a look back over the story of Portsmouth's two Administrations in a search for some reassurance that the EFL will not be unduly harsh with us come the end of the season if we are not yet out of Administration, or should we fail to agree a CVA with all creditors.

I noticed that, when it was announced that Portsmouth would be hit with another 10 point deduction at the start of season 2012/13, after their relegation from the Championship the preceding season, due to them being unable to satisfy the EFL over the recompense to creditors from their PREVIOUS CVA, the Administrator got rather ratty :

I'm sure Trevor wouldn't be a big fat massive hypocrite, would he?

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/9814818.portsmouth-to-begin-201213-season-on-10-points-in-league-one/

That really should be quoted back at him (Birch) at the appropriate time.

Edited by The Scarlet Pimpernel

I don't want us to be liquidated and start as a phoenix. We won't be an 1884 club then or founder members of the football league in 1888.

Tonight's game against Blackburn Rovers. Both founder members of the football league. All that history. There at the beginning. At the very start. 

We owe it to all those fans who are no longer with us, who supported the club over the years. 

47 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Remember all those times John Percy released news before the EFL put out statements that appeared to come from sources who were biased against Derby and most of us assumed it was someone within the EFL? Interestingly, the first journalist Steve Gibson has spoken to regarding this Chelsea stuff today was none other than John Percy.

Maybe it's just a coincidence ....

Well it’s no coincidence that the gibbon has a (very) close contact on the Efl board. Who was supposedly absent from all discussions about Derby. Or not.  

1 hour ago, hintonsboots said:

Derby: Morris and Ashley in Three dimensional chess game over Pride Park stadium. Quantuma on sidelines awaiting final move. More in paper tomorrow.

#reluctantnicko 

7AA417E5-16B9-430B-AC32-080B4278B1A5.gif.2077dc9e075d773f9a7eddc7d4e6c3fc.gif

53 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

Is this a genuine tweet? Can't see it on his timeline anywhere. He's gone very quiet on Derby recently.

It's not a genuine tweet. 

Might sound like a boring bar steward here, but can we make it clear if posts are parody.

Thousands of fans reading this topic won't have the capability to check and take it as truth.

24 minutes ago, David said:

It's not a genuine tweet. 

Might sound like a boring bar steward here, but can we make it clear if posts are parody.

Thousands of fans reading this topic won't have the capability to check and take it as truth.

This might work for comedians too.

If they announce after every joke they tell that it was a joke, that should help with those people who struggle to tell the difference, despite the laughter from the crowd.

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

This might work for comedians too.

If they announce after every joke they tell that it was a joke, that should help with those people who struggle to tell the difference, despite the laughter from the crowd.

I hear you, parody is a little different to stand up comedy though.

20 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Who says I am not posting whilst walking? And if Kevin wasn't Hectoring me that would be 539 fewer posts from me too.

I'll change the wording later. I agree with @Rev though, "Top poster" would be most reactions if anything as that would be a better way of showing the top poster.

Most posts, something like that. In the pub having a few pre match pints so chances are it would only get more offensive tonight if I continue ?