The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 hours ago, IronRam 140.6 said:

Absolutely this. Amen

Footballers unless retiring should have a 'scrap value' applied when  contract runs out. Similar to a vehicle (my area of work) at end of working life. 

Then comes the arguments over how those scrap values are worked out. But not insurmountable.  

As players are free to move at the end of their contracts they cannot have any value to the club at all. That’s why they are called free agents 

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

(A) eg all the stuff in the carefully crafted minutes we’ve seen. Simply no point in going back to them on those points it’s just a waste of our time and theirs.  

(B) eg assertions Gibbo was not acting in good faith (of course they can’t), assertions the LAP was biased, got it wrong (of course they can’t) 

So using this same logic it should have been fine to ignore the Boro and WW cases as the administrators had addressed them.

Disagree re Gibson, agree re the LAP, although what the LAP ruled on it did not address the issue of what we were actually charged with if what Parry is now saying is true.

1 hour ago, davenportram said:

As players are free to move at the end of their contracts they cannot have any value to the club at all. That’s why they are called free agents 

Couldn't  a scrap value only apply to a balance sheet. Like a disposal bonus a £10 million contract write down over 5 years ending in say a free agent but 500k  as a positive entry on a balance sheet??? An offset for value provided to the business or something like that. 

As you were ikechi anya ??

26 minutes ago, IronRam 140.6 said:

Couldn't  a scrap value only apply to a balance sheet. Like a disposal bonus a £10 million contract write down over 5 years ending in say a free agent but 500k  as a positive entry on a balance sheet??? An offset for value provided to the business or something like that. 

No

2 hours ago, IronRam 140.6 said:

Who’d set the value?

4 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Call me Begerrac I've sussed who the PB will be.

I'm no shopper but I've been reliably informed that house of Fraser and now Flannels are pitching up in Derbion.

2 + 2 =678

Can tell you're not as you wouldn't be able to spell your own name correctly ?

7 hours ago, IronRam 140.6 said:

No.

It's confusing, I grant you, but when you bring in a player, you're only paying for the right to use that player for the duration of their contract, therefore they're a non tangible asset, like goodwill, not a tangible one like property or motor vehicles.

9 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Efl doesn’t have to do anything. Except approve the fitness and propriety of our new owner. If candidates are Ashley or Appleby both have past experience of club ownership with no insolvencies.. and you are allowed two. So should be an easy job for them. 

so they just need to stop their meddling and let q finish the job of rescuing the club. 

Timing of lifting embargo and detail of business plan will be key though ?

15 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

But a lot of those attending will have been season ticket holder’s wouldn’t they? Or have you taken that in to account?

Exactly. An uplift of circa 8-10k per sell out, even if at a averaged entry of £20 that's only £400k, or 1 week of the losses per month. Selling more tickets is 100% profit as there's no extra unit costs. Let's keep filling the ground!

35 minutes ago, Rev said:

No.

It's confusing, I grant you, but when you bring in a player, you're only paying for the right to use that player for the duration of their contract, therefore they're a non tangible asset, like goodwill, not a tangible one like property or motor vehicles.

Always thought there was something very tangible about Dave MacKay