The Administration Thread

Boycie

6 hours ago, BoroWill said:

Seeing him now being portrayed as the villain by many who also drank Mel's kool-aid is pretty irksome too I'd imagine, he told you that you were cheating, he told you that Mel was a liar, and now he has been proven correct he still gets abuse.

Just for clarity, specifically, cheating about what, lying about what? Correct about what precisely?

14 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Ah, so he’s been in touch to ask for his anonymity back and is back lurking. I think I’ve found the thread David originally shared it in, and it’s been removed from there as well.

Completely wrong. He's not logged on since well before administration. 

But as Boycie points out, anyone can read the Forum without logging on.

24 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Well he fundamentally conned all of us as we all presumed that he was paying HMRC tax that they were owed. Silly us. 

Agree, that is also not a good luck. I still don't know how that accumulated to so much. Has that been explained yet?

However, you could potentially say (depending on why/how that debt got so high) that it might not have been the case if we had been taken over sooner?

2 hours ago, Kenavo said:

What Gibson did was not explicitly against the rules at the time, but was obviously against the spirit of the rules. The EFL subsequently closed the loophole by adjusting their rules. What Morris did was not explicitly against the rules at the time, but was obviously against the spirit of the rules. The EFL retroactively changed the rules (because of pressure from Gibson) and charged us, which led to where we are now. Spot the difference?

Pretty much sums it up.

1 minute ago, DJAY said:

Agree, that is also not a good luck. I still don't know how that accumulated to so much. Has that been explained yet?

However, you could potentially say (depending on why/how that debt got so high) that it might not have been the case if we had been taken over sooner?

My original point was naively you expect responsible owners to keep up with their tax liabilities and expect them to be doing so unless they declare that they are massively in hock with HMRC. 

And not just then decide to throw the problem to someone else by dumping the club in administration.  Honour your debts. 

1 hour ago, BondJovi said:

Gibson reminds me of one of those insanely wealthy trophy hunters. Can't actually hunt a wild beast in it's own environment so goes to shoot an already lame beast in an enclosure just to massage his own ego.

Nah he would just buy one on ebay and claim he bravely shot it..

9 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

My original point was naively you expect responsible owners to keep up with their tax liabilities and expect them to be doing so unless they declare that they are massively in hock with HMRC. 

And not just then decide to throw the problem to someone else by dumping the club in administration.  Honour your debts. 

We can't. That's why we are in admin. None of it is the fans fault. We know who's fault it is. You can keep repeating the same thing. Gibson is stopping us coming out of admin and if he gets anything for his mad 'claims' that MFC wernt bank in the run in it was all DCFCs fault for spending less that year than MFC did, then the tax man and other local businesses will get much less and possibly nothing. 

1 hour ago, BoroWill said:

We wouldn't know, since we do not know the details of it. 

That tells you a lot though doesn’t it,  that we don’t know the details of his claim?

The truth here is not difficult to discern. Gibson and Morris detest each other. The reasons are lost in the mists of time and who cares? 

But we, Derby, are now in the position where - but for these claims - our club would have been sold in January. 

You say that Gibson has no desire to see Derby fold. You’re missing the point. The point is, his vendetta against Morris has pushed our sale back, he has trashed Rooney’s transfer window and he has put us at serious risk of liquidation. Our club is collateral damage in his nasty, squalid scrap and that is not acceptable to us. And I believe Gibbo also calculates that if he damages us, MM will be forced to pay for the repair, and he likes that. We see what has gone on and it is not acceptable to us.   

All is revealed in Gibson’s open letters - cleverly drafted by his PR and legal team. They are disingenuous, misleading and largely irrelevant to whatever the claim might be. And with each letter, the goalposts move, now it’s FFp, now it’s the stadium. (Don’t worry, we know Morris’ letter is not much better.) There is nothing confidential in his claim, so why has it not been articulated in the public arena? We know the answer. 

Even Couhig (whose behaviour is possibly even more revolting than Gibson’s) has had the sense to realise that to threaten a claim in these circumstances and without fully articulating it is beyond the pale. 

The outcome here will most likely be that MM will put in place arrangements to indemnify the club, that those arrangements will remain in place for several years at significant cost to Morris and that the claims will never be brought. (Mission accomplished for Gibbo, the worst kind of playground bully.)  And that Couhig will slither away to begin another attempt to exploit some legal system or other. 

Our owner has done a few shameful things in recent years. Nothing on the scale of what yours is currently up to 

5 hours ago, BoroWill said:

There absolutely is a standard amortisation policy used by football clubs.

A bit like 4-4-2 was the only way to set up an England team on the pitch.

Until Terry Venables came up with the Xmas Tree. 

Straight line is flawed for valuing sportsmen. Look at some of the transfer fee's paid this window for players literally at the end of their contracts. 

2 hours ago, BoroWill said:

It's felt like that at times! 

I really do appreciate those of you who have chosen to engage with me rather than just hurl abuse.

Tbf mate and it's nothing personal, you are aligned to public enemy number 1 and due to his behaviour he is making life a living hell for thousands.

I'm sure no-one has anything against you and you are a decent lad but you are poking the bear.

3 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Pretty sure a buyer would require security of some sort. The indemnity could be outstanding for several years.  What’s to stop MM settling all his assets on trust for the Littleover Boy Scouts ? 

What a preposterous notion. Give your head a woggle. 

11 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Fwiw I think Mel gives the dick brothers a week to respond. I dont think for one second either will take him on as they have zero/ nil/ zilch chance of winning.

Plan b will then be to Indemnify which opens the door

Also, they are both spineless cowards, happy to kick someone when he's down or when their big mates at the EFL are holding their arms.