The Administration Thread

Boycie

45 minutes ago, Rambam said:

Yeah he’ll go to the front of the queue by offering to pay the administrators LESS won’t he? 
He really knows how to curry favour doesn’t he? 
Doesn’t look like he’s learnt anything at Newcastle after all. 

I'm thinking of going into Sports Direct, filling a trolley and when I get to the Till, demand that they only charge me cost price. See how I get on.... 

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Does it mention how he managed to rack up such a heinous tax bill and "forgot" to pay HMRC?

That's the most interesting bit out of the whole debacle which he's managed to omit from his statement. 

Of course he didn’t. Of course in his own head everything else has caused this. A big chunk of the statement was Mel grandstanding, it doesn’t wash with anyone certainly not me anyway. I don’t think anyone is defending Mel, we know he’s caused the mess, he’s the only person to blame for Derby being in administration. However if we liquidate, that wont be solely on him.

The problems should not be insurmountable but that requires Boro, Wycombe and the EFL to make moves also. What we’ve seen so far instead is bullying plain and simple. Without Boro and Wycombe situation this whole thing will be resolved and we’ll probably get further points deductions which should make the EFL member clubs happy we’ve been sufficiently penalised.

If this move leads to a resolution on the claims then maybe he can come back to Derby in the future and not be lynched, I think that’s about the best he can hope for if that’s his intention. At the moment it is PR but it’s the right move to make and no other party has made a move yet in this saga. So i disagree with the Red Dog journalist that it’s empty PR, i think he’s trying to help resolve some of his mess but he’ll probably need to do more and whether or not he will remains up for debate.

6 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

I dont think anyone knows what anyone will do next and noone is telling us so our worry will fill the void. 

You are right, the amount the bidders have put in is all speculation at the moment. Personally i would prefer ashley, he is english and knows about running a football club but at the end of the day we have to be grateful to anyone who is willing to save our club.

2 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

You are right, the amount the bidders have put in is all speculation at the moment. Personally i would prefer ashley, he is english and knows about running a football club but at the end of the day we have to be grateful to anyone who is willing to save our club.

What if the buyer was Welsh or Scots or Northern Irish would they be exclusionary factors 

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

What if the buyer was Welsh or Scots or Northern Irish would they be exclusionary factors 

No, but i just class myself as english, because i was born in england,same as my father in law was born in scotland and he always classed himself as scottish not british. Seems a funny thing to pick me up on when weve got more serious things to worry about.

Just now, Kathcairns said:

No, but i just class myself as english, because i was born in england,same as my father in law was born in scotland and he always classed himself as scottish not british. Seems a funny thing to pick me up on when weve got more serious things to worry about.

Was just wondering why you made a point of saying you prefer Ashley as he's English that's all. Seems a very odd, specific credential to stipulate. 

2 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

Why would being English make him a better owner though?

Appleby is a former Derby Chairman and Rush is a former Derby CEO. Doesn't that mean they'd know how to run Derby better than Ashley?

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Appleby is a former Derby Chairman and Rush is a former Derby CEO. Doesn't that mean they'd know how to run Derby better than Ashley?

Dont mind Appleby but not so keen on Rush or Moxey, but everyone has got their own opions so everyone is never going to agree thats all i'm trying to say.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Ashley has run an English team sustainably for well over a decade. Rush was in post during our spell of frivolous spending (at best) that caused our current problems. I would say that makes Ashley far better qualified. Don’t want to speak for Kathcairns but I think being English provides a better understanding of the history and culture of the club and area. Not sure why people seem to want to read more info it than that 

8 hours ago, Allestree Ram said:

Isn’t Ashley friends with Gibson? Can he be trusted? 

This is my thinking, Gibson and Ashley dont want MM to get a penny, now this insurance thing has been found and MM has a good defence case against them he doesn't want to know, or it could all be false rumours. 

7 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Out of several posts from last night and today that I posted the most salient comment is below. You must remember that English law is not wholly cast in tablets of stone as per what is written in statute law.. It is very fluid and open to interpretation by the High Court which makes new interpretation of the law every day by way of stated cases. I believe with some confidence that Mel Morris took expert legal advice on his proposal before releasing the statement and that would have included the advice that his proposed route to the High Court was feasible:

Pete, I am usually warmed by your contributions to this forum but on this occasion I reluctantly have to say this is unhelpful and merely confuses the situation for some others. The comment indicates a clear lack of understanding of the concept of limited liability for claims against a company . Limited liability absolves a director from personal liability so quite rightly Gibson has lodged his claim against DCFC as a company. Neither Morris, Pearce, McFarland whoever has any personal  liability for the claim. It falls squarely on the company that is DCFC Limited.

However, Mel Morris has offered to accept the transfer of liability from DCFC to himself personally. I do not know if this has previously been done under English Law or not. But it seems a very reasonable and generous offer. If it does set a precedent, the High Court is an a position to accept Mel's offer and hear the case by way of case law in which it lays down its reason for hearing MFC v Morris or not. If it makes it a stated case and allows it to be heard, then the principle of the transfer of liability will become enshrined in law for the future.

I hope that Mel has benefitted from expert legal advice beyond what is probably available within this forum and has been told the court may well allow the claim to proceed in the way Mel has proposed. We shall see.

In biblical terms the offer is morally outstanding for Mel is saying to Caesar Gibson by all means seek to crucify me but please don't pursue genocide against my former flock, which is the fanbase of Derby County. So let's hope it works.

As you've bumped this Brailsford and as I likewise value your contributions , here was my response:

Thanks, but from the Middlesbrough statement it says 2nd para third sentence  :

"Without breaking the confidentiality of the proceedings, in simple terms, MFC allege Derby County and its directors systematically cheated under the P&S Rules and that such cheating affects the integrity of the competition"

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/club-statement-Derby-county

So as I read it the claim is also against the directors. EFL for example  brought a claim against Sheff wed and Chansiri jointly, with Chansiri being charged with misconduct (found not guilty).   

Any thoughts on this? It does seem boro were claiming against Directors too.