The Administration Thread

Boycie

10 minutes ago, vonwright said:

I'm not sure they are saying this exactly. I don't think they see themselves as saying Derby does or doesn't owe the clubs any money. They are just saying that if it is ruled that we owe them money, then that will be a footballing debt. And that therefore we can't just write down the claims, because these special 'football debt' rules kick in. 

In other words the EFL would be happy to kick a hearing about whether we owe money, and how much, down the line until after a sale - provided we paid it in full. They want us to undertake to do that, or to come up with some 'settlement' now.

But the administrators know full well they cant sell the club on that basis. And they think they shouldn't have to as a potential football debt is not the same as an actual football debt - particularly when it is based on such thin grounds. 

I think at this point we just need a hearing to decide whether we owe money or not. To decide the merits of these claims.

If the worst happens and it is ruled we do owe some money at least people will see who is really liquidating this club. 

Absolutely agree. They aren’t saying they should be paid, just that if the claims are upheld by whatever method, then they would be classed as football creditors. 

I agree by they that if should be football creditors, IF, and it’s a massive IF, the claims were valid. 

one point I found interesting is that the statement says that the process commenced in January 2021, before the club went into administration. I think that’s a pertinent point. 

14 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Who would rule though that we do owe Boro and Wycombe money?

That's the bit I can't grasp. And why haven't we got to that point yet if we are so confident that their claims are spurious. 

That is the £51 million question isn’t it…

Honestly thought with the pressure they’d back down, they’ve gone fully **** or bust with this and I hope it’s them going bust and not us. Unfit for purpose is such an understatement! We need to get a decent lawyer, keep applying pressure to the MPs and sports minister and get the corrupt EFL overthrown once and for all! 

18 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

It’s quite simple all this, and we’ve known it for ages.

Steve Gibson and the EFL have a personal issue with Mel Morris.

If Derby County get liquidated, it costs Mel £20m.

Ergo, both Gibson and the EFL will stop at nothing to get us liquidated, to get back at Mel. We’re just a pawn in a personal vendetta, and none of the bamfords give a flying duck about Derby’s grand history if it means that they get their revenge against Mel.

Absolutely sick to death of this poo. There’s nothing we can do to stop it because the EFL appear to have absolute power, so we may as well just give in now and save ourselves the heart ache. Mel, Gibson, Parry, all absolute disgraces who shouldn’t be anywhere near football. The only way we are saved, and I mean the ONLY way, is if someone at the very top recognises the corruption and dismantles the EFL. I don’t even know who would have the authority to do that. 

Otherwise, this football club is dead. They’ll kill us no matter what we do.

You’re right. It would be easier to just start again with a new club. Sickened by this statement. The high court may save us. Or government intervention. Gibson and EFL have absolute power. Wow 

The EFL’s Insolvency Policy is designed to offer guidance to Clubs on how the board might seek to deal with any Club in administration. That policy, which has been accepted by all 72 Clubs, describes how the Members agreed ‘that the starting point is that no Club should gain (or seek to gain) any advantage within the context of professional football over other Clubs by not paying all its creditors in full at all times.’ 

In this case, Derby County is seeking to use insolvency legislation to avoid having to defend the claims of Middlesbrough FC (which commenced initially in January 2021) and Wycombe Wanderers FC. Derby County considers those claims should not be treated as football related debts and that it would be wrong for the EFL to require the Club to have to continue to defend the claims as a condition of continuing membership in circumstances where they have been compromised by way of a restructuring plan. The EFL does not agree with that analysis. 

In the bit in bold above, surely its at odds with the EFL view that the claims are football debts?  OK, MFC and WWFC haven’t gone into administration but if we lost the case and have to pay, surely they are gaining (and are currently seeking to gain) and advantage over other clubs?  Compare that to, say Arsenal.  We owe them, in instalments (something else the non-educated fan of other teams seem to forget) £8M for Bielik.  Us not paying gives us an advantage over other clubs.  Neither MFC or WWFC are owed money by us!!!!  And, in the EFLs eyes they are both above others in the pecking order from HMRC down to St John’s Ambulance and @Davidand the debt to this forum.  Which is cash that’s actually due!!!!

This has really got me riled.  The arrogance in the statement is staggering but I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised.

Tthe cowardly EFL have inadvertently acknowledged here that they DO actually recognise the claims by Boro and Wycombe to be football debts.

I don’t think there can be any question now that they are actively opting in favour of those two clubs and are happy to see our football club DIE for their benefit.

This is absolutely outrageous and they MUST know that THIS is what is stopping a preferred bidder being named as well. THEY are killing this club and we as a fan base should not stand for it. 

Anti-EFL protest needs organising. 

Edited by Nuwtfly

4 minutes ago, Maharan said:

Absolutely agree. They aren’t saying they should be paid, just that if the claims are upheld by whatever method, then they would be classed as football creditors. 

I agree by they that if should be football creditors, IF, and it’s a massive IF, the claims were valid. 

one point I found interesting is that the statement says that the process commenced in January 2021, before the club went into administration. I think that’s a pertinent point. 

Before we were even found guilty of anything I think. So by that measure any claim for any reason by a football club must be resolved regardless of merit. 

5 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

I’d rather go to high court, liquidate, get thrown out of the efl  than give anything to efl or Gibson or the Wycombe  stooge

I want to say that, I really do. But I can't I love this Club, we have to survive. And if that means paying blood money so be it. We'll beat both of them to the Premiership! duck them, while we exist we'll remind them of their vile behaviour every single day.

#COYR

What enfuriates me about the statement is the EFL putting the onus entirely on Derby to react to Middlesbrough and Wycombe's claims. At no point is there any effort to make the other two clubs actually prove the claims are valid; that apparently is just taken at face value and accepted.

At least the EFL have at last dropped any pretence of being neutral, if any proof was still needed 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

I want to say that, I really do. But I can't I love this Club, we have to survive. And if that means paying blood money so be it. We'll beat both of them to the Premiership! duck them, while we exist we'll remind them of their vile behaviour every single day.

#COYR

I know. I’m just riled. It just feels that they have us backed into a corner. Never give in to a bully - they will come back for more. 

We need to find a way to duck them over -  revenge is best served cold

Well that's the EFL's hand played, all of the pretending to be on the fence and urging both sides to be sensible is laughable. Ultimately we're pretty much backed into a corner here, somebody's ego is going to have to give or we're going to go under, frankly. 

If a club our size with willing buyers is allowed to go under for petty internal politics it cannot ever be forgiven. 

Mboro away start to finish non stop chanting at curly haired parasite i don't give a stuff now 

I said this months ago that something didn't seem right and said it was the claims from Boro and WW and it proves to be correct

You get the general gist of what sort of person parasite gibson is when he even considered putting a claim in against us for non football reasons ....i now hope lots of clubs come forward and start claims against each other and create havoc within the EFL before they change the rules which they will have no doubt 

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Tthe cowardly EFL have inadvertently acknowledged here that they DO actually recognise the claims by Boro and Wycombe to be football debts.

I don’t think there can be any question now that they are actively opting in favour of those two clubs and are happy to see our football club DIE for their benefit.

This is absolutely outrageous and they MUST know that THIS is what is stopping a preferred bidder being named as well. THEY are killing this club and we as a fan base should not stand for it. 

Anti-EFL protest needs organising. 

They're not on the side of Boro and Wycombe, they're on the side of Gibson only. He must have some control that goes right to the top of the EFL.

11 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

So the EFL have just given the green light for clubs to sue other clubs for any reason they want? so every club from now on that enters administration will have about 10 other clubs suing them for various 'reasons', and the EFL will force them to pay out or go extinct. 

Why would a club need to be in admin to be sued by a fellow league member ? The EFL have opened the floodgates and some massive claims could arise, which would be enough to bankrupt certain clubs.

2 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Mboro away start to finish non stop chanting at curly haired parasite i don't give a stuff now 

I said this months ago that something didn't seem right and said it was the claims from Boro and WW and it proves to be correct

You get the general gist of what sort of person parasite gibson is when he even considered putting a claim in against us for non football reasons ....i now hope lots of clubs come forward and start claims against each other and create havoc within the EFL before they change the rules which they will have no doubt 

Let's be honest and clear though, this is as much about Mel as it is Gibson. Mel could infinitely help the situation if he either significantly dropped the asking price of the stadium, or gifted it back to us. I'm no fan of Gibson, but why is he taking the brunt of it not Mel?