The Administration Thread

Boycie

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

If we show proof off funds to end of the season, I think we exit the embargo (doesn’t even need to exit administration) - but we haven’t even done that seemingly. 

If all the talk is of MM accepting £10m instead of £20m for the stadium, he could put £7m down now on the understanding that his original price stood. Buyers are £3m worse off than they wanted (£20m for stadium but no running costs), and MM has £13m net instead of £20m - which is better than the £10m it looks like everyone is pushing for. 

And in return, the club has a better chance of staying up - which is to the advantage of all buyers and MM (as it makes the stadium more viable).

Just a thought. 

Stop with all this positive, common sense talk, just stop!

14 minutes ago, Indy said:

It feels like it gets us no further forward, and keeps the embargo in place til the end of the window meaning no incoming players or contract extensions. And that weakens our position. 

Sounds like more meetings tomorrow though. 

Looking at it in a positive way, it stops the cliff edge happening on Monday whereby the administrators have to have a firesale of players, in order to complete the season. Now they have an extra month to raise the funds elsewhere. If the situation can be resolved during February then we will then be able to sign free agents and offer new contracts to existing players.

22 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

So just jumped onto this thread again, why is the news today being taken so negatively?

Because naming of PB was expected and is viewed by many as progress. As you might be suggesting, keeping more bidders in the race for longer might now be the better plan. Last thing we want is for Q to appoint a PB and then for the conditions set by that PB to fail. If that happens, we really are in the poo 

As someone suggested earlier, HMRC could be the key player. They are unlikely to take kindly to the possibility of the scavengers at Middlesbrough and Wycombe getting a substantial chunk of any financial package the administrators might agree with a PB since it will seriously impact the size of their own slice of the cake. Furthermore, if no deal is forthcoming because none of the prospective buyers will risk going ahead for fear of the uncertainty of a possible claim post-administration by these two muppets, they will end up with zilch.

I think it's up to our supportive MPs to pursue this line with the government / HMRC officials.

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

So are we saying that the EFL should have lifted the embargo today instead of extending it.

What circumstances have changed to make the EFL consider lifting the embargo today?

I think most of us are saying that the EFL should tell the permed prat and his ambulance chasing mate to duck off and let the buyers get on with it.

1 minute ago, ossieram said:

I think most of us are saying that the EFL should tell the permed prat and his ambulance chasing mate to duck off and let the buyers get on with it.

Sorry not trying to be obtuse but what has changed today for the EFL to suddenly alter their stance 

35 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

So just jumped onto this thread again, why is the news today being taken so negatively?

I think because hopes were raised when MPs meeting cancelled saying due to progress or something over the weekend. Also few people suggesting would be more positive news today. Then just blah blah blah as Greta would say

2 minutes ago, Oldben said:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/mel-morris-role-business-ambassador-6557839.amp

Definately not passing any fit and proper persons test for being a business ambassador

I dunno about you, but I’m thinking being a “business ambassador” isn’t a sold gold guarantee of being a jolly good egg.

29C67249-B087-4932-B8CC-F81589AF4DD5.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Was that a rhetorical question 

If we get a buyer for the club then we exit administration and the embargo is then lifted so the months extension is neither here no there surely 

The new owners have to agree a two year business plan with the EFL. Apparently, that is likely to include limits on squad size, salaries and transfer fees. Whilst technically not an embargo, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it's a soft embargo. 

34 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Because naming of PB was expected and is viewed by many as progress. As you might be suggesting, keeping more bidders in the race for longer might now be the better plan. Last thing we want is for Q to appoint a PB and then for the conditions set by that PB to fail. If that happens, we really are in the poo 

To describe our situation - we are in a swimming pool of ? poo and we are just trying to get to the shallow end. 

54 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Can't help but think Rick, Trev and the those excellent chappies at the EFL going to get absolutely fookin roasted tomorrow. 

#thingsyoulovetosee

I suppose it depends on what is reported back. I suspect the EFL and Admin’s may be able to BS enough to hoodwink the MP’s into thinking everything is ok (let’s face it half of them have been by their boss for months).
The question I would ask to start is on a scale of 1 - 10 with 1 being liquidation and 10 being coming out of administration where are we. If they say anything lower than 8 it’s time to kick off.

I suspect that folk are just feeling that punting the decision a month on will just result in the same conversations that were about to happen (when a deal would hopefully thrashed out because the crunch time was approaching fast) will just happen in a last minute rush in a months time instead. More fees, more uncertainty.