The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 minutes ago, Maharan said:

Absolutely agree.I do think there may be a case of Gibson just wanting someone to say his claim has some validity, or admission from the administration that there is a case to answer. Not sure it’s about the money anymore. 

if that’s the case, I don’t care how wrong it feels, just agree. You don’t have to mean it. Cross your fingers behind your back or something. Just swallow a bitter pill and get the risk of liquidation off the table. 

If what is stopping the takeover is between someone saying you potentially have a case rather than "go baalocks, pube head" then sure humour him.

But I fear there is more to it then that, like if we agree he has a case the investors will walk away as they don't want to take that o that baggage.

7 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Yes. Thay apply the 'Big Brother v Winston in room 101' scenario, as applicable.

"Do it to Julia! Do it to Julia! Not me! Julia! I don’t care what you do to her. Tear her face off, strip her to the bones. Not me! Julia! Not me!"

Thank Duck I'm not Julia!

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:
13 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

The real bad guy is Gibson, the efl are just inept  puppets

Don't believe that, I don't believe it. They are self-serving malevolent bankers!

Agree. They are self serving. And this public sentiment gives the self serving EFL a possible out. Maybe?‍♂️

11 minutes ago, td_evans said:

Wonder if the council will step in with funding?

If they can, and if they do, how do they do it?

I can't imagine they can gift it, or even defensibly call it a loan as there's little chance of getting it back and it does have to be weighed against the council's other obligations.

I've no idea what the council's finances are like but I think there would be popular support if they could do something to help.

8 minutes ago, Derbados said:

The Administrators met with the Council and informed them that Middlesbrough threatened to sue the EFL if they didn’t deal with us. The EFL then deflected those claims and assisted Boro in bringing their claims against us

OMG… protecting their own ass and deflected it our way and have the temerity to say they are unaware of any detail.

So they lit the fuse and are standing well back … of course, we all know there is no vendetta and they are truly impartial ? 

Edited by HectorsHouse

Just now, SBW said:

The only saving grace/hope to cling on is; Admin's rejected the Sibley bid.

On the face of it, it's kind of a bonkers move if what that MP says is true re: Boro and Wycombe's standing pat = liquidation.

If that was the case, I can only assume Q would have to sell assists in one last desperate attempt (won't get into why I think it should have happened sooner) 

There's nothing to go off, outside of Q's total inaction which leaves some vague hope there is something there they're confident can at the least, see the season out.  

How about funding is already lined up, IF the EFL allow us to exit administration with Boro and Wycombe not deemed creditors because nothing is proven, they have bought no legal case yet.

For me the administrators solution has already been put forward, the EFL need to act on it.

3 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

How about funding is already lined up, IF the EFL allow us to exit administration with Boro and Wycombe not deemed creditors because nothing is proven, they have bought no legal case yet.

For me the administrators solution has already been put forward, the EFL need to act on it.

I just don't see the EFL budging on their stance, especially after their statement the other day, whether a few MP's and their pals complain or not.  

I think the attitude needs to be resolving the issue in one of the approved EFL ways.  They aren't afraid to see clubs go, they've done it before.  People will say, 'yeah but they weren't Derby'.  I honestly don't think it matters.  

Edited by SBW

51 minutes ago, Maharan said:

Exactly. Paying them a few quid might not feel right, but if it removes the threat of liquidation, then it’s time to pack away the egos and just bloody well get on with it.

They won’t accept a few quid. They want us destroyed. I would rather we went under than bowed to vindictive opportunists like them and the EFL. If that happens I could well see a successor successfully suing the EFL For significant damages and Derby County subsequently being exonerated. The story and the evidence is more than enough to anyone with a ounce of clear thinking. This situation is a disgrace. That it is the English Football League that has allowed it to happened and has effectively encouraged it is beyond belief. 

32 minutes ago, Crewton said:

It's this which is the long-term consequence of the EFL allowing these claims. THEY are supposed to administer sanctions - if every time a team is sanctioned for FFP other clubs are allowed to seek financial redress, the EFL may as well simply make the one and only sanction liquidation, because next time it won't be two teams claiming, it will be half a dozen or more.

This is the pandora's box that these idiots have opened.?

It’ll be a sad day when clubs seek the best lawyers available rather than the best players ?

4 minutes ago, DRS94 said:

Anyone else feel really low, Derby was the only thing for a lot of us to pull us out of the covid depression I'm genuinely unsure of what to do with myself every weekend from February until forever

Can empathise mate. We’re all trying to remain positive, but apart from the Simon Jordan cryptic tweet today, which realistically can you believe it’s very difficult at the moment. It feels like you’ve got a close relative on life support and are hoping against hope they will pull through with the help of medical science. 

Unfortunately the EFL are playing the Dr Shipman role, with Gibbo loading the syringe.

1 minute ago, jono said:

They won’t accept a few quid. They want us destroyed. I would rather we went under than bowed to vindictive opportunists like them and the EFL.

No! duck it we fight on. We want to be here in the football leagues to remind these utter bankers and their cohorts every season from now until forever. Whatever it costs!

We are Derby County we Fight 'til the end.